Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1820447 times)

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #2360 on: May 05, 2005, 04:30:02 AM »
I should have known  and a fake name too...next you'll tell me that's a toy pistol in your hand

Well, they're used as toys ;D But they are not toys, no sir.

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2361 on: May 05, 2005, 05:26:07 AM »
So what is yer point. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I got no points.  I'm well rounded.  Especially in the middle. ::)

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2362 on: May 05, 2005, 05:33:41 AM »
Having observed the goings on in town, Stoney emerges from the shadow's and inserts himself uninvited, yet not apologetically, into the story.  He checks his guns, mounts his horse and without saying a word begins riding with the man in the yellow duster/fish.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Advertising

« Reply #2363 on: Today at 08:47:47 PM »

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2363 on: May 05, 2005, 06:01:47 AM »
In the early morning hours, the Frumpy Fairy Godmother stands on the porch, her hands wrapped around a warm mug of coffee.

She watches in silence as the stranger in the yellow duster slips away. Taking a sip of coffe, she continues to watch as another man joins the first and they move away from the house.

"Hrm."

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2364 on: May 05, 2005, 06:39:48 AM »
Though no words have been spoken as of yet, Stoney can tell he has been totally appraised in only one glance fromt he man in the Duster/Fish.

As he rides away he feels another set of eyes on him.  He continues to ride in silence.

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2365 on: May 05, 2005, 07:04:29 AM »
In the dim light of dawn Elliot Belt, er, Sacattered Thumbs recognizes one Stoney Pete, with whom he had associated in the past for hunting down a prey to big for one man alone. After riding a while together in silence Scattered Thumbs finally says: Stoney Pete!  I heard somewhere some cattle rustlers had got you, down in the Nations. But I see it ain't so.
Having said that Scattered Thumbs pulls out his pipe and lits it.

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2366 on: May 05, 2005, 07:19:41 AM »
"I've heard that rumor myself and done nothing to discourage the rumor.  In this line of work being thought dead has it advantages."   "So tell, me are we, going after the same prey again.  If we are, are we partners or competators?"

Stoney, though confident of his ability, knew his limitations.  He did not want to find out if he was better that ST.  Fact is, he was sure the "winner" would be decided by more luck than skill.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2367 on: May 05, 2005, 07:30:48 AM »
Delmonico goes out to the barn and sees the pipe ashes.   He goes to the tool shed and gets out some paint and a board and makes a sign.  "If Yer Smokin' in This Barn, Ya better be on Fire." ;D ;D

"Damnedable bounty hunters, most ain't got enough sense not to smoke in a fellas barn! >:( >:( ::) ;)

"I wonder if they're gonna shoot Slim, hang him or just haul him back tied to the back of a horse."

"Well I won't set him a supper plate till I find out if they kill him." :o ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2368 on: May 05, 2005, 07:34:42 AM »
Scattered Thumbs eyed Stoney and thought for himself. I may have to deal with him if he his a competitor. But, there's no profit in that and I still may need his help. He finally answers back. I don't have a marked prey just yet, only rumors that some fellers with prizes on their heads came up this way. some may be hiding under the appearence of respectable folk. I'll have to smoke'em out. for starters I have info about one red bearded slim fella. There's more than one wanted poster with that description on. :o
After this long speech Scattered Thumbs finds out is pipe isn't lit anymore. So he starts looking for another match.

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2369 on: May 05, 2005, 07:43:58 AM »
"Partners it is then."  Stoney hands his lit ceegar to ST to use as a match.  He puts the tiedown back on his left revolver, leaving the right not tied down.  It was still dark and they had left town.  Hate to be kilt by some critter they startled in the dark. 

Stoney was glad he'd seen ST.  Havin' been a year since his last bounty, the $3K he got for it was getting thin.  Yeah, there'd been odd jobs here and there workin' a posse or two.  But that money barely paid for ammo, grain and food.  It was never enough to put a roof over his head for more than a night...two at best.  Nothin' paid like a bounty.  This one smelled like money.

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2370 on: May 05, 2005, 07:59:09 AM »
Scattered Thumbs wondered if Stoney Pete (being younger) had an idea of what bounty hunting could do to a man, especially to a man that had been in that line of "business" for so many years as he himself had been.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2371 on: May 05, 2005, 08:26:55 AM »
Authors Note:  Stoney is from somewhere near Stockbridge Mass.  He should understand what man huntin' does to a man.  He has heard the stories of the late Chief of Police from Stockbridge Mass.  Officer Obie. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2372 on: May 05, 2005, 09:08:44 AM »

Stoney's Note:
Authors Note:  Stoney is from somewhere near Stockbridge Mass.  He should understand what man huntin' does to a man.  He has heard the stories of the late Chief of Police from Stockbridge Mass.  Officer Obie. ;D
Stoney always makes sure he doesn't leave any addressed stuff in his trash when he dumps it on the side of the road.  And I ain't never ate in Alice's Resteraunt.

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2373 on: May 05, 2005, 10:53:17 AM »
After making a spiralling out movement around the ranch for some hours Scattered Thumbs looked up to the Sun and said to Pete. There’s nothing worth mentioning so far on this area. So let’s split, you’ll ride back to that ranch and try to get some grub and make friends with them, we need more info on the red bearded fellow. I'll keep circling away from the ranch to see if I find anything. We'll meet later on at the ranch.
One more thing watch out for that Trinity fella he looks harmless at first look but don’t let looks deceive you. I figger he’s about as harmless as a rattler.

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2374 on: May 05, 2005, 11:08:14 AM »
I nearly forgot. If you cross paths with a curly haired fella named Arlo, there's a 5 cents prize on his head for littering ;D

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2375 on: May 05, 2005, 11:09:34 AM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother finishes her coffee and heads back inside. On her way, she stops at the hammock to give the sleeping Trinity a light pat on his shoulder.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2376 on: May 05, 2005, 11:20:51 AM »
I nearly forgot. If you cross paths with a curly haired fella named Arlo, there's a 5 cents prize on his head for littering ;D
"That will buy breakfast.  Is that warent Dead or Alive?", Stoney says as he turns to head back to the ranch.  He arrive just as the lady gets up from her coffee and wakes a man as she walks inside.  What did ST say?  "Harmless as a Rattler."?  This here gent must be Trinity.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #2377 on: May 05, 2005, 12:26:04 PM »
Slim, looking like death warmed over, walks down the stairs from his room. He goes into the kitchen, rummages in the ice box, pulls out the orange juice, and pours a LARGE glass full. He shuffles o'er to the table, sits on a chair, and puts his head on the table.
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2378 on: May 05, 2005, 06:26:39 PM »
Delmonico points out that there is another geeetar player with curly hair hangin' round, named not Arlo but Robert. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2379 on: May 05, 2005, 11:13:59 PM »
Delmonico knows these two are bounty hunters and most likey lookin' for Slim with some sort of paper.  Having known Slim since before this thread started, he knows what trouble Slim causes.   ;D ;D

Delmonico figgers they are either range detectives out seekin' Slim for his one the side cattle rustlin' or the are from the Fish and Willdlife Service lookin' for him in violation of the Endangerd Species Act and have not forgotten the Blowout Pendstrom in-co-dent a 150 pages or so ago. ;D ;D

Either way Delmonico gets out his shovel and a tarp in case they kill him, they of course will not take his whole body back to town, just his red beard.  A quick burial of the remains will help keep "The Ranch with No Name' clean and oder free. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com