Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1820562 times)

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #760 on: December 20, 2004, 03:45:34 PM »
FFG, it might be too late to send Slim on a trip, but do you 'spose you could poof up some anise seed.  I got a hankerin' now to make Grandma's soft anise cookies and maybe some of the more tradional hard anise cookies with the German name that I'll have too look up.

(Whisper on, I really made a mess with the last recipe postin', but Slim saved me.  Does anyone notice that the FFG complained about the post a fore it's posted.  Must be her fault this time. ;))

The Frumpy Fairy Godmother gives a haughty sniff and a wand wave, and a packet of anise seed appears in Delmonico's pocket.

"Posh, when did I complain? That's a nice recipe, I'll have to remember how to make sour milk."

:D ;D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #761 on: December 20, 2004, 03:54:45 PM »
FFG, it might be too late to send Slim on a trip, but do you 'spose you could poof up some anise seed.  I got a hankerin' now to make Grandma's soft anise cookies and maybe some of the more tradional hard anise cookies with the German name that I'll have too look up.

(Whisper on, I really made a mess with the last recipe postin', but Slim saved me.  Does anyone notice that the FFG complained about the post a fore it's posted.  Must be her fault this time. ;))

The Frumpy Fairy Godmother gives a haughty sniff and a wand wave, and a packet of anise seed appears in Delmonico's pocket.

"Posh, when did I complain? That's a nice recipe, I'll have to remember how to make sour milk."

:D ;D

AnnieLee
I think its lemon juice and milk.
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #762 on: December 20, 2004, 04:05:34 PM »
Russ T. finally rides into his brother’s spread in Wisconsin.  Took longer than normal as his horse had developed a bit of a “sluggish”  ::) gait while passin’ through Nebrassky .  Usin’ brother’s telegraph to send out word to the OK Chorale what got misplaced when his horse slowed down.  He’s still wonderin’ about the strong aroma of spoiled cabbage he noticed on the way.  It’s way too late for the Franksville Kraut Festival.  :o :)
Did ya say where your brother's spread is?

Slim

Just got back to the telegraph.  It’s located at my brother’s spread.  His is in a corner of the original Chamber’s Ranch.  This is in Racine.  Spend some time here and some on the Dawson Range (my wife’s family spread)  in Milwaukee.  This is the only place with a telegraph.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Advertising

« Reply #763 on: Today at 11:26:17 PM »

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #763 on: December 20, 2004, 04:07:34 PM »
Russ T. finally rides into his brother’s spread in Wisconsin.  Took longer than normal as his horse had developed a bit of a “sluggish”  ::) gait while passin’ through Nebrassky .  Usin’ brother’s telegraph to send out word to the OK Chorale what got misplaced when his horse slowed down.  He’s still wonderin’ about the strong aroma of spoiled cabbage he noticed on the way.  It’s way too late for the Franksville Kraut Festival.  :o :)
Did ya say where your brother's spread is?

Slim

Just got back to the telegraph.  It’s located at my brother’s spread.  His is in a corner of the original Chamber’s Ranch.  This is in Racine.  Spend some time here and some on the Dawson Range (my wife’s family spread)  in Milwaukee.  This is the only place with a telegraph.

Now I remember ya telling me before.  :-[
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #764 on: December 20, 2004, 04:14:34 PM »
"Hey, Russ T! How's your horse?" The Frumpy Fairy Godmother rocks back on her heels and laughs as she sends the telegraph.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #765 on: December 20, 2004, 04:31:21 PM »
To make sour milk, either leave the carton out on the counter over night, leave it in refdge fer a couple of weeks, :P :P :P  or add 1/2 teaspoon vineger or lemon juice per cup of milk. ;D ;)  One could leave out the sour milk and add about 1 1/2 more teaspoons of baking powder and use sweet fresh milk.  This ain't rocket science, but food science instead.   ;)   

Although you can make a small rocket with vineger and baking soda.   ;D ;D ;D ;D  I tried to be a rocket scientist once, twas afraid I would be arrested, cause sumthin' might have showed up on radar.  Any way I don't think it hit that airplane, least I never heard about it. :o :o
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #766 on: December 20, 2004, 04:33:41 PM »
To make sour milk, either leave the carton out on the counter over night, leave it in refdge fer a couple of weeks, :P :P :P  or add 1/2 teaspoon vineger or lemon juice per cup of milk. ;D ;)  One could leave out the sour milk and add about 1 1/2 more teaspoons of baking powder and use sweet fresh milk.  This ain't rocket science, but food science instead.   ;)   

Although you can make a small rocket with vineger and baking soda.   ;D ;D ;D ;D  I tried to be a rocket scientist once, twas afraid I would be arrested, cause sumthin' might have showed up on radar.  Any way I don't think it hit that airplane, least I never heard about it. :o :o
Hey! I was right! Ya hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  ;D

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #767 on: December 20, 2004, 04:39:35 PM »
Yay, Slim!!!!!

When I was a kid, I made rockets out of vinegar and baking soda. They shot very well.

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #768 on: December 20, 2004, 06:56:20 PM »
"Hey, Russ T! How's your horse?" The Frumpy Fairy Godmother rocks back on her heels and laughs as she sends the telegraph.

As Racine, I believe, means root in French I was a little worried the locals might mistake a "sluggish" horse for escargo.  Was glad when he perked back up.

At least he can get me backup to the Dawson spread tonight.
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #769 on: December 21, 2004, 09:10:32 AM »

As Racine, I believe, means root in French...
You are correct. I didn't know that. Learnt my one new thing for today.  ;D

Slim

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #770 on: December 21, 2004, 11:52:27 AM »
"I don't think he noticed that his horse smells like cabage gas. I think that means something."

The Frumpy Fairy Godmother grins.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #771 on: December 21, 2004, 12:16:37 PM »
"Pssst, Delmonico, did you get the news? Evidently Slim had a more than real good time on his weekend in Wisconsin recently, real life #5 is on the way!"

As the Frumpy Fairy Godmother chortles, Duke gives Slim a "Why, you sly dog!" look, and grins.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #772 on: December 21, 2004, 12:20:28 PM »
"Pssst, Delmonico, did you get the news? Evidently Slim had a more than real good time on his weekend in Wisconsin recently, real life #5 is on the way!"

As the Frumpy Fairy Godmother chortles, Duke gives Slim a "Why, you sly dog!" look, and grins.
;D
I wondered if ya was gonna figger it out by what i said.  ;)

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #773 on: December 21, 2004, 12:30:58 PM »

;D
I wondered if ya was gonna figger it out by what i said.  ;)

"I knew what you meant as soon as I saw it, and started grinning. I think it is very, very cool."

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #774 on: December 21, 2004, 12:48:50 PM »
Me too!  ;D

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #775 on: December 21, 2004, 02:36:11 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother was the fifth child of five. If you have a daughter are you going to name her after the FFG?

And where is Del?

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #776 on: December 21, 2004, 03:14:23 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother was the fifth child of five. If you have a daughter are you going to name her after the FFG?

And where is Del?

AnnieLee
We'll have ta see. I might have ta find out what her given name is though.

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #777 on: December 21, 2004, 05:16:29 PM »
Historical trivia...

I went looking for a song to give Slim a hint about the birth name. The Google search led me to Stephen Adams, aka Michael Maybrick. Michael Maybrick wrote ballads and for a long time was paired with Frederick E. Weatherly, who is often credited with the lyrics to the song "Danny Boy." This is of interest to me because I have a firearm named Danny Boy, in large part because of that song. The thought pattern was: Anyone looking down the business end of this Dan Wesson had better start singing "Danny Boy," because, indeed, the pipes are going to be calling for him. Heh heh heh.

Anyway, it was a neat connection, for I did not know that they collaborated on the ballad I was seeking. The same ballad that would give Slim the birth name.

When were these ballads written? In the 1880s, right smack in our time period.

To me, that's pretty derned cool.

:D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #778 on: December 21, 2004, 09:56:20 PM »
"I don't think he noticed that his horse smells like cabage gas. I think that means something."

The Frumpy Fairy Godmother grins.
As long as it wasn't smellin' like garlic butter, I got him out of town.  Figured the Root and Milwaukee rivers might was the stink off him after a round trip.  Even now he's still a bit aromatic.  Could have been that"wood pussy" we ran into goin' back South tonight.

Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #779 on: December 21, 2004, 10:46:44 PM »
Completely unrelated to anything but Delmonico's story telling and knowledge of history:

I was standing in the shoe department of the store, waiting to pay for my son's shoes. A man behind me looked at some sneakers and made a comment. I replied:

"Those are Converse All Stars. They are the original athletic shoe. They were worn and promoted by basketball player Chuck Taylor, and he earned the right to have his name placed on them. Ever since, they have been lovingly referred to as 'Chucks.'"
"How about that," the man replied, "A shame the young folks don't understand a shoe like that."
"Not all of them," I quipped with a smile,"I am buying a pair for my fifteen year old. He loves them and wore out his last pair."

And as I paid for Will's Chucks, I realized I just "pulled a Delmonico."

Chucks: http://www.chucksconnection.com/history.html

:D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk