Author Topic: What Do You Do......?  (Read 26309 times)

Offline OldeBones 30-30

• Citizen
    • OUR Huntin' Shack
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What Do You Do......?
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2004, 03:29:25 AM »
Well, seems as though I'm just a 'pup' here, both on the forum and in CAS.  I'm 29, married with three kids, (and 3 dogs) and I'm extremely interested in CAS type shooting, and leverguns in particular.  I haven't started in CAS shooting yet.  Kind of absorbing all I can while I save up the money (and try to get time away from the kids  ;D)  Personal time seems such a sought after commodity when you have extremely young young-uns in the house!  I'm contracted out to the city at the moment for custodial work, and in my 'spare' time I'm a private tattooist.  Beyond that, everything is in a state of flux!

Bones

Offline Marshal Halloway

• Editor & Webmaster of Cas City.
  • City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Don't squat with your spurs on. Have fun shootin'.
    • Cas City
  • SASS #: R3411
  • NCOWS #: HL-179
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2004, 07:39:44 AM »
I agree, this is a great thread and interesting.

I will be on the lazy side and just refer to my contact page. Click on the badge below or http://www.cascity.com/marshal . There you'll find info about me, both the marshal and the real life personas.

Thank you all for sharing and keep'em stories comin'.

Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2004, 10:14:33 AM »
I work for DOD.  Currently, I'm in Iraq looking for a missing pilot from the first Gulf War.   My regular job is to try and keep our boys and girls from getting captured, but if they do, to provide them with the knowledge to survive until we can get them out.

I've been in the Navy and Marines, and retired the Marine Reserves a few years ago. 

Married, two kids, three dogs, and when not shooting my six-guns, I'm heavily involved in Boy Scouts.  I was an Air Force brat so moved around quite a bit when younger.

My passion is the history of the American frontier - any era.

US Scout
Baghdad

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:14:48 PM »

Offline Lady Line

• Lady Line
  • Active citizen
  • Lady Line---I may be slow, but i sure have fun
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2004, 04:14:47 PM »
i work for an owner operator for 12 McDonald's stores. all of the payroll and day to day operations.(bill's and any request that the managers have, which is almost to much) ton's of work, but what makes my job so great is that my boss is a john wyane fan and he let's me go to my matches anytime and supports me in doing it. :)( not with money though :'()
Lady Line
SASS # 23231
I may be slow, but i sure have fun
High Plains Drifters Member-Fernley Nev.

Offline Stump Water

• I ain't gonna worry about it.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2004, 07:04:50 PM »
My folks discovered me in that ol' holler'd out stump in 1963.

Prior to CAS, I shot NRA indoor a bit in high school (.22), then graduated to high power/long range shootin'... at varmints.  Groundhogs tremble when I tread the pastures of southwestern Virginia.  ;D

By day, and to keep me in boolits, I'm the IT Di-wreck-tor for the worlds largest taxidermy supply outfit. 

The absolute best thing that's ever happend in my life is.... well y'all know her as Camille Eonich.

Offline Capt. Jack McQuesten

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2004, 01:26:14 PM »
I am a lawman in Northern California and have been "In the saddle" for 25 years. I am 46 years old and have been shooting since I was a wee one (first handgun was a Ruger Single Six .22, which I have had since I was about 12). I just recently joined SASS (last month) and I joined this forum along with a couple of others to get an idea on how things work in the "Cowboy way". I am still getting my gear together, so I have not shot a in a match as yet.
My lovely bride (of twenty three years) and I just bought a little bit of heaven in the mountains of southeastern New Mexico (True "Billy the Kid" country in Lincoln County!) and we are planning on packing up and moving there upon my retirement in about six years. I got two kids (both shooters), both teenagers (and "Yes" my head hurts!) Glad to meet ya all!
SASS #56937  BOLD #527  RATS #120  WARTHOG
"There's payment to be made to them thats done this...."

Offline Willie Wheelgun

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2004, 04:32:28 PM »
Well, I am 66 years old and married to a really tolerant sweetheart.  We have four kids and seven grandkids.  One of our daughters and her daughter live with us.  So much for an empty nest.
I am a salesman and travel Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Western Montana.  I sell commercial insulation for steel building projects.  I might retire when I am 70, but my bride is in the middle of her fourth bout with cancer and I need the insurance coverage.
I started shooting when I was seven.  I was on the rifle committee when I was in Uncle Sam's Army.  I belong to SASS and have been shooting cowboy for about three years now.  I shoot smokeless and BP.  I will soon  be BP only.
Land of the free BECAUSE of the brave!
God Bless America
Soos Creek, Washington Territory

Offline Big Bear Johnson

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Active citizen
  • SASS #13968
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2004, 06:05:02 PM »
I'm 40 years young. Have a beautiful wife of 17 years and two boys 10 and 12.
Started off in electronics for music and sound. Did sound editing for Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm and many other places. Went corporate for a few years at a large electronic musical instrument manufacture and got burnt out. I have been a freelance sound and video editor for the last 8 years. I mainly do sound fx for cartoons. Just did a Charlie Brown cartoon this last Nov. and am working a cartoon about Mules called Jasper. You can read a bit about it in this months Cowboys and Indians magazine. I also do video shooting, and editing for corporate industrials. I recorded Bounty Hunters dialog on Top Shooters guide and was one of the actors ( I say actor because I was never a top shooter) in the video.
The other things that keep me busy are doing stuff with our church. Skateboarding, yep even at 40 I can still ride better than most kids, I take a group of the kids from church out every now and then. Bird hunting when I get a chance, BP shotgun is the way to go, who needs a 5 shot Benelli, I use my side by. Fishing when I get a chance, and I hope to do some CAS shooting again...when I get a chance.
SASS #13968
Ruby's Rangers #2
ex-Cajon Cowboy
ex-Coto Cowboy
ex-Silver Queen Mine Regulator
ex-honorary Nevada Ranger

Current Deadwood Boy

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2004, 08:27:20 PM »
Been a Lawdawg of one kind or another since back in 82. Prior to that I done watever I could find that would put meat on the table. Farm/Ranch hand, logger, cook, waiter, foundryman, mechanic, and had my own business building fences fer a while.

Born in southern Iowa, I've been all over the U.S. but something always called me back to the plains! Got into CAS about three years ago, but have been involved in shooting since I was nine. I'm also in to buckskinning and hunting with frontstuffers as well as BP cartridge guns.

I got married later in life than most and now find myself on the wrong side of 50 raising three boys...who are the reason for life! ;D
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Offline Shiloh Sharpie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2004, 02:08:33 PM »
I am in the Computer business and have a wife and 2 boys:  one in his second year of College on a 4 year ROTC scholarship and my youngest in his second year of High School.  I live in Massachusetts where the state politicians work overtime to stifle what few gun rights I have left.  That is why I belong to GOAL (Gun Owners Action League; a state organization) and the NRA.  I love SASS, but have been away awhile devoting my time year round to shooting BPCR Silhouette.  I drive once a month a sizeable distance to NY State to participate in BPCR after spending all sorts of time casting and loading for the match.  But I love to shoot and I miss cowboy shooting so I will be picking it up again this year. 
Shiloh Sharpie
SASS 10477 Life
-------------------------------------------------------
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.

Offline FloraBama Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Florida Bordertown
    • Panhandle Cowboys
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2004, 12:09:46 PM »
Currently a Software Engineer working a DoD contract. To get to this point I served in the Army during the 60s then a LEO in Atlanta which drove me back into the military and I retired from the Navy in 1993.

I have travelled a good part of the world but keep coming back to the South. My wife of 26 years and I have two children with one in the USMC and our 14 yo daughter still at home.

Would like to get an RV and travel to CAS matches ;D but not sure it will be in the cards..
~~~SASS# 54776~~~ BOLD# 568~~~

Offline Brazos Bucky Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2004, 02:27:40 PM »
This is my FIRST time with any chat room!  So be patient with this newbeee y'll! ;)

Retired in '99 from 22 years in Personnel Administration with our Beatimus state of Oregon.  Prior to that was a lawdog both here and in Calif., long story on the switch is a subject for chewin on later.

Married to a gorgous lady for the past 23 years, have three grown sons, two grown daughters, and 11 grandkids! ;D

haven't gotten into Cowboy shooting as yet, like the kid, I am getting my kit together, and enjoying the research in getting started.  Thanks for letting me get my two cents in :D
Brazos Bucky
"A man oughta do what he thinks is right."
BOLD #566, NRA Life (Endowment)
SASS #59058, SBSS #1605, SCORRS

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2004, 11:43:05 PM »
I'm 54 years old (...have you noticed how many who have posted their ages in their replies are in their 50's?  - Probably has a lot to do with having been exposed to all the great Western movies of the 50's and  TV Oaters of the 50's and 60's...)  and have resided the majority of my life in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada.

I am a lawyer in general practice  - officially a "Barrister & Solicitor", since Canadian lawyers, unlike those in Britain, perform both roles, like Attorneys at Law in the United States ....

Married 26+ years, two daughters - one married and currently living in Toronto, the other just back home having finished the fourth and final year of her Bachelor Of Management (Marketing) degree.
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2004, 12:23:55 AM »
Currently a shop foreman at a Kenworth dealer. Been in and around mechanical stuff all my working years. I have worked in the oil patch, 2 different mines and 3 different truck dealers.
Gettin the itch to retire and spend more time shootin here there and everywhere with my pards. Soon I will be moving to Bakersfield Calif soon as my new house gets built and probably need to get one last job to hold me. I am 61 years old.
Daydreams are a travel trailer and shootin my way across the country. Ya gotta have a dream, I guess.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Offline Caucasian Wingnut

• Active citizen
    • The Woodbury Guild
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2004, 11:02:53 AM »
Let’s see who am I and what do I do for a living, Hmmmm
I am married to Cortney Cox (Friends) and live in a really big house with 4,000 acres of prime deer and pheasant hunt land and have my very own fully functional Cowboy town shooting and long distance shoot range.

Oh dang that was last night when I was asleep.   :D

Now that I am awake and depressed, I live in Connecticut and have way too many weekend “Neeeew Yorkers” (said in nasal tone) as neighbors. They tend not to like hunting or guns in any way.

I am married to a wonderful lady that I met when we both were serving in the US Army at Fort Sill OK. Been together for 26 years, no kids, but one really good bird-hunting dog. Grew up here, but also lived out West for 10 years back in the 1980”s. OK, UT and Washington state.

Am only now starting to get into Cowboy Shooting.  A die-hard fan of the 44 Sp and have a picture of Old Elmer Keith up on the wall above the reloading press. Wife is interested in maybe joining me in Cowboy Shooting also. Our first date was when I took her out to Ft. Sill’s pistol range and we shoot my BP flintlock pistols. She like it, so I decided to keep her around for a while. Best move I ever did. ;D

Currently I own and run an antique store in Woodbury CT. called the Woodbury Guild. Fun thing to do and I some times make some money. One good thing about antiques is that I run across old guns every once in a while. Kept fallen over SxS shotguns a few years ago.

Anyway that’s me in a nutshell

Swamp Yankee
"You best SMILE when you call me a "Fuzzy Yellow Belly Chicken"

CORR of CT.

Offline Doc Toetag

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2004, 11:48:30 AM »
I am married with 2 great kids and work in Lassen County, Ca. as a Paramedic. Been in the same field for 9 years, 5 of which were in Los Angeles. Don't miss that place at all!
SASS #58730
USPSA #A-45666

Offline Capt. Hamp Cox

• Top Active Citizen
  • 1937 Ford & 1941 Hamp in 1947
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2004, 03:55:54 PM »
Whatever Texana tells me to do. ;) Other than that, since I'm a full-time retiree livin' on a fixed income, I end up on a nearly daily basis bein' a carpenter, electrician, plumber, etc.  Used to be a pretty fair shadetree auto mechanic until vehicles got so dadblamed sophisticated.  Living out in the country (about a mile beyond the end of the paved county road) on several acres with 11 adult boer-cross goats and 14 kids, one guard donkey, two Jack Russell Terrorists, and one old neutered tom cat, there's  always something requiring my attention.  One nice thing is I can step outside my back door and shoot at some steel targets whenever I have a hankerin'.  My SASS number is in the 26K range, so that'll give an idea of how long I've been involved in this particular shooting activity.  Wife, "Texana", and son "Johnny Q" are also involved in CAS, and we all shoot different calibers, which makes it really nice for their resident reloader (me).  I shoot with the Tejas Caballeros at their facility near Driftwood, TX.  Shot there today and had a blast.

Offline Uncle Eph

• Top Active Citizen
  • Never trust anything designed after 1912
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2004, 04:49:17 PM »
I am a 6th generation son of Oregon, 5 of those generations in Eastern Oregon, part of my ancestors were HBC and others came on the Whitman train in 1843.
I was in law enforcement for more then twenty years and to prove that out of a disaster can come some good I was able to retire at the age of 49 (gonna be 51 in a couple of months) in good health and now am able to play all I want.
I have been single for many years with 2 grown children and 6 grandchildren.
I have been shooting most of my life, don't hunt much anymore, but I shoot silly wets, buffalo and gong and long range, all BP. 
I have just gotten involved in CAS. ;D
I am a western history buff and had more then 700 books on  firearms and old west history when I quit counting.
I am always buying or swapping firearms, there is always something that will catch my fancy.
if I sit up straight in my chair I can look out the window at my 600 yd range.
life is good.
WARTHOG, GAF #364, SASS #53354, BOLD #549, SBSS #1483, STORM #5, NRA, CRSO, ASSRA, SDOP, SUV, GOFWG #19, 7-7-79 SNL WINNER

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2004, 06:13:38 PM »
Ive been doing the CAS thing for almost 2 yrs.  I dont get to attend many shoots. Ive been a Law Enforcement(City&County) for 34 yrs. I have lived in Texas all my life(except for military). Im married to a Tall, Beautiful woman for 30 yrs.  Most cops that have around as long as I have some ex-wives, not me.  No Kids, but two "spoiled" dogs.  Retirement is a long 5 yrs away.  Would like to RV after I retire.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2004, 10:55:22 AM »
I am a former hairstylist turned geek.  Meaning that I am now a software engineer who has the great fortune to be in a position to telecommunicate (I get to work out of the house :D).

I started shooting at a very young age but CAS is the first time that I have competed in anything (other than the one time at 4-H camp) and I'm loving it.

I'm also the wife of the most wonderful man in the world! (IMO)  8)
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com