Author Topic: Hearts, Chock-O-Late, Presidents and Big Rodents it's Febuary  (Read 199522 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hearts, Chock-O-Late, Presidents and Big Rodents it's Febuary
« Reply #420 on: February 23, 2015, 11:51:02 AM »
It staying just below freezing, keeping the streets and roads iced over and slick. Most everything is shut down, nothing moving around. We have a fire in the fireplace and the Den is cozy. I had my oatmeal with a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast. No plans for lunch, yet. The Beef stew sounds good for supper.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #421 on: February 23, 2015, 12:36:34 PM »
It's all of 5 here. WC's are around -6. Global warming my patootie :P

The sun is out, all show and no go ::) :(
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #422 on: February 23, 2015, 01:05:10 PM »
I don't think that the worst of the storm has gotten here yet.  The temp is not going to get above freezing today,so tonight is going to be icy again tonight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #423 on: Today at 10:43:17 PM »

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #423 on: February 23, 2015, 03:26:03 PM »
I guess we will be getting our next cold snap in a day or so.
Today, was up to 71 by 9 am and about 80 f for a total  high, but I doubt it will stay that warm.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #424 on: February 23, 2015, 05:38:37 PM »
Blair, If you get too warm, you can come to Texas and cool off.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: February 23, 2015, 07:03:24 PM »
30º now 'n ya'd think that'd be o'ernight. But no, 18º. Got a release early tomorrow afternoon. Figger it'll still be in the twenties there when the bird goes. Oh well.

Snowed while I was on nest watch 1130 or so. Bird on the egg(s). No other activity.

Devoured a rotisserie chicken a l'il while ago. Had mashed 'taters 'n butter beans with it. Happy tummy. Gonna make my eyes happy 'n shut 'em for awhile. 0400 comes early.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: February 23, 2015, 07:59:18 PM »
Moose is fixing Vegetable Beef soup tonight, it should be ready in an hour or so. It did not get much above freezing today, now that the sun is gone, the temps drop below freezing again. I don't know if Moose goes back to school tomorrow yet. It doesn't look like the temps will be up till Wednesday. The fireplace has felt good today.

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: February 23, 2015, 09:05:03 PM »
I don't think that the worst of the storm has gotten here yet.  The temp is not going to get above freezing today,so tonight is going to be icy again tonight.

You're right about that, TLD.  It started raining last night, the temp was on it's way down, and we woke to snow on the mountains and parts of the valley this morning.  We had to go to SoCal today, so we gathered our gumption and set out; had to go over two passes to get where we needed to be, and they both had a nice blanket of the white stuff on them, but no ice (whew).  It was still stormy when we came back this afternoon --- and it is all headed your way.  Quite a change from this time last week, when the temp was above 80 and it was clear as a bell.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #428 on: February 23, 2015, 10:51:25 PM »
Evenin' y'all.

City trip today.  went pretty well, if one overlooks the morons trying to do 65 on the 30 corners, at 20 degree weather, after a foggy night.  There were three rollovers, two rearendings, a few over the embankment.  So-Cal imports.  I wish we'd embargo them. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #429 on: February 23, 2015, 10:52:40 PM »
The Suit confab went rather well, the design mock-up was well received  :) , couple of very minor critique's ( to be expected as prototypes will go) basically, a go for the 1/4 Mil project to complete by Oct.

One of my Carpenters called, he'll be out,  his fiancee passed in her sleep yesterday  ... wasn't ill,  just didn't wake up  :o
He went in to check on her as she hadn't moved in some hours , and she was cold & rigger had set in...
He'll know more after the coroner's findings ....  
WOW ! I guess if you gotta go, in your sleep is I guess ,  better than suffering...

I've got my yearly Dr. Appointment tomorrow.... need to see them for my Rx , sinus stuff etc.  
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: February 24, 2015, 04:14:27 AM »
Mornin'.

Twenty sumthin', guessers callin' thirty sumthin' 'n a half chance of snow startin' in the early afternoon. Peachy keen, huh?

Sorry ta hear 'bout the lady, M2.

Nothin' in the e-box 'bout cannin' the release. Check on that 'til 'bout 1000 hours. Nothin' changes I'll be west bound. Folks with the eagle comin' from the valley, guessers say it'll be clear there.

Suspect the gawkers what show up to see the 'adorable' bird'll be home watchin' game shows, soap operas 'n/or heart warmin' chick-flix on the magic box. Be worth the weather not ta have 'em underfoot. Wish that were the case at the pollin' place.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: February 24, 2015, 05:27:46 AM »
Brrrrrrrr! It's cold here. -8 with a WC of -21 :o :P

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: February 24, 2015, 06:07:18 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking. Enjoy! I don't know what kind of weather happened last night, it is still dark outside. No clue for breakfast or lunch, just plenty of Hot, Black Cawffee. The Vegetable Beef soup was great last night. I had 2 big bowls of it.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: February 24, 2015, 06:24:52 AM »
Sittin' here downing some SF oatmeal, maple &brown sugar.Thanks for the coffee,TLD ;)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #434 on: February 24, 2015, 07:03:44 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 12 and cloudy. "Blustery. Not as cold. Cloudy with light snow likely in the morning...Then partly sunny with a chance of flurries in the afternoon. Some blowing and drifting snow. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the upper 20s. West wind 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: February 24, 2015, 09:27:24 AM »
It looks about the same outside as it did yesterday. The weather folks are predicting 1-3 inches of snow for tomorrow and tomorrow night. Moose is home today, and maybe through Wednesday or Thursday. Bacon, eggs, and biscuits on the menu for this morning.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: February 24, 2015, 11:03:37 AM »
The breakfast was delicious. Moose made some made from scratch buttermilk biscuits that were killer. No plans for lunch right now.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: February 24, 2015, 02:04:52 PM »
Well it is snowing its bootocks off outside. It wasn't supposed to start until around 5 PM so the guessers were a bit off sice it started at Noon.

Liz is doing a little better, thanks for the thoughts and prayers. She won't be happy until she can get that collar off.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #438 on: February 24, 2015, 02:29:54 PM »
A friend on Mackinac Island posted this picture of how the kids go to school when it snows. 

Got an Eskimo lady in our cooking group 100 miles north of the Artic Circle that is a nurse in another town and she rises one 30 miles one way to work 3 days a week.   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: February 24, 2015, 04:07:36 PM »
T'was a buncha fun. 'Specially for the bird.

Ennyways.........

Found this before the games began:

Guessin' it was a seeder of some sort. Hoppers were fulla snow, leaves, pine needles 'n such. Didn't take a photo of it.

Good time 'n not so good times. More later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com