Author Topic: September's coffee & conversation is up  (Read 146493 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: September's coffee & conversation is up
« Reply #360 on: September 19, 2014, 09:46:02 AM »
Thanks again for the Cawffee, I am on my fourth cup and I am finally awake.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #361 on: September 19, 2014, 10:47:07 AM »
indeed y  thanks for the Coffee... another 24oz cup & some Biscuits & gravy at the WAWA stop & go...

Sushi is out.... gonna have a Caesar salad 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #362 on: September 19, 2014, 11:04:01 AM »
Good morning all.

Coffee necessary for function today.  Up late last night, up early this morning.  Went for a jog with a friend.  made a mile and a half in just over 15 minutes, and that with having to walk a quarter mile for his asthma.  Not too bad, except that it was about 42 degrees, with fog thick enough to drink.  ::)  Not quite to the 9:15 I need to be at, but it's a start.

Don't have to be in the city until 1 this afternoon, so we'll be leaving at 11.  Dang road construction ruins any form of scheduling.  leave early enough for it, and you don't have to wait, and arrive at you destination and hour early.  Leave ten minutes later, and arrive five late. >:(

1 day til deer season.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #363 on: Today at 06:23:04 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #363 on: September 19, 2014, 03:20:46 PM »
Hadda gormet dog by Nathan from Sam's. Station wagon got an all ya can drink at the gas pumps.......................

The old boy with the VW stuff I pass by on the way ta Sam's is lookin' like a used car lot. Never seen 'im with more'n two. Most times none or just one. Can't hide on that road. Thinkin' the city may have sumthin' ta say 'bout that. Fun lookin' l'il things tho......

In the travels, found myownself behind an American built Tundra at a light. Kinda like the plates.

Got vegetables 'n fungi ta butcher. Salads.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #364 on: September 19, 2014, 03:41:19 PM »
Getting used to walking the grankids to the end of the driveway in the morning and waiting there for them in the afternoon. Spend the rest of the day getting things at their old house ready to move into storage.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #365 on: September 19, 2014, 04:18:51 PM »
I get this vision... LIT,  of > Forest, Forest Gump !  :)

had salad for lunch..think'n'  fajata de pollo para la cena.....

TK
Eso es para que usted pueda ayudarle con su español   ;)

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #366 on: September 19, 2014, 05:39:51 PM »
I never was a big dune buggy fan, but that VW Bug-pickup is cool. But it probably wouldn't be a good plan to actually use it for a truck, I'm thinking 500lb on the back might be all it could take, unless they used a VW Bus suspension on it.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #367 on: September 19, 2014, 06:36:06 PM »
The pickup is my favorite as well. Take-out pizza for supper tonight. I had to run errands this afternoon, too much humidity for me.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #368 on: September 19, 2014, 07:19:56 PM »
someone flipped a switch ... 81°  for a High  71° low  today   ???

rain held off till about 5:30 PM .... I like it !

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: September 19, 2014, 08:31:17 PM »
I get this vision... LIT,  of > Forest, Forest Gump !  :)

Except Forest is old and walks with a limp, and he knows that life is like a box of melted chocolate, sometimes the crap just runs everywhere.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #370 on: September 19, 2014, 09:27:44 PM »
Built one of those pick-up or rather they are a flat-bed, in 77, was a kit, didn't put the faux 40 Ford front on it though.  Boss used it as a shop truck built stake sides, about 1/4 ton was right, but hat's what the Ford A model pickup was also.   Most small pick-ups are about like that, just put coil over shocks on back and they do fine.   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #371 on: September 19, 2014, 10:29:11 PM »
Looks like they would have to use the motor, or at least the cooling system and other tinwork, from a bus or one of the other VW Station wagon/fastback models(Forget the proper name for those, had a couple when I was stationed in Deutschland). I think the cooling fan/generator on the standard bug would be too tall for the flatbed.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #372 on: September 20, 2014, 05:13:54 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

'Round eighty 'n a chance of rain – again.

Wouldn't wanna own either of 'em but I'd really enjoy borrowin' the sand rail sometimes seen in the mix for a weekend. Either of the buggies'd do too.

Surely would like ta be shootin' somethin' taday. Ain't no shoots. Phooey.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #373 on: September 20, 2014, 06:17:44 AM »
I rented one of the buggies like those once, they are great fun.... jump'n' dunes & spinn'n doughnuts....
used to see them all the time. There was a whole cottage industry of body kits for the V-dubs in the 70's.
Myers made a sand-rail which was just a tube frame & floor skin , without or very little bodywork.... kinda Baja racer for the road.
You don't see them on the road anymore  :-\ 

Rained all night, still drizzling,  calling for 50%. and a high of 80° today... :)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #374 on: September 20, 2014, 06:31:18 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking this morning. Enjoy! I slept pretty good last night for a change.  No breakfast yet, I am still waking up.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #375 on: September 20, 2014, 06:37:18 AM »
Chicken fajita sounds good bout now....

At work now. Be off at 2 pick up pizza get me to half time at Tide game, by time i get home. It is my wednsday and i am already exhausted.

Thanks for the coffee
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #376 on: September 20, 2014, 07:07:14 AM »
It's called old age, Roo. The cure's...... n'ermind........

That's the ole boy's sand rail. Might have been sittin' where it is in the image, couldn't tell. It's the one I'd grab first.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #377 on: September 20, 2014, 07:29:34 AM »
The Cawffee is especially tasty this morning. We got teased last nigh with some sprinkles in the south part of town, we are too far north.  I am still not ready for breakfast yet.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #378 on: September 20, 2014, 08:37:26 AM »
Morning Y'all Miz Tricky Trina sends her love. Leaving for the shoot soon see Y'all later
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #379 on: September 20, 2014, 08:59:08 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks for the coffee.

Rained overnight. 'Tis 64 and sunny. "Mostly cloudy. Thunderstorms likely in the morning... Then a slight chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com