Author Topic: September's coffee & conversation is up  (Read 147182 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: September's coffee & conversation is up
« Reply #260 on: September 13, 2014, 08:37:23 PM »
Bacon Wars?
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #261 on: September 14, 2014, 12:11:13 AM »
Don't say that too loud, TLD, A&E will turn that into the next big reality show. ::)

evenin' y'all.

My accomplishments for today are:
-chocolate chip cookies
-four pages in my book
-nothing else important.

Sister lost the soccer game 0-2.

Tomorrow the family is going to the "Amateur Radio Emergency Service Northern California Sunday Morning Emergency Communication Net"(could call it "ARESNCSMECR" for short  but it sounds like cussing, ) annual picnic.  It starts at 1030, and is almost three hours away.  That equates to getting up before 600...  which is too early on a Sunday, if you ask me.

Nothin' else interesting in this neck of the woods.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: September 14, 2014, 05:19:15 AM »
Mornin'

Fortunately, be up in time ta hear the Sunday mornin' infomercials. Fish oil's runnin' at the moment. Gotta rush ta the toll free nummer 'n get me some. Hope the financial folks is next so I'll know who ta trust my money to.

Stepped out ta eye-witness the weather. Cool breeze hints at good things ta come. Felt real nice. Rain quit. Guessers sayin' low end of seventy.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #263 on: Today at 01:51:28 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #263 on: September 14, 2014, 06:49:57 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Spent yesterday replacing the conventional water pressure tank with a pre-charged tank. Also, replaced some old galvanized pipe with copper.

'Tis 40 and cloudy. High of 65.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #264 on: September 14, 2014, 06:54:22 AM »

Slept in a bit, but did catch "time was running out" as the Dyson sale was ending soon...
also a couple of on air Sky Pilots are tending to their TV flock.

Thanks for the coffee
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: September 14, 2014, 06:55:04 AM »
It was in the 60s last night. The high for today will be in the high 80s. I think that we have seen the last of the rain till next week.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #266 on: September 14, 2014, 07:22:43 AM »
Presently 66 degrees, still boxer shorts weather. Up late watching florida vs KU game went triple overtime.  Up and out watching the big window lickers play.

Work this afternoon
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #267 on: September 14, 2014, 08:58:31 AM »
I always tell how much I like our local chain grocery business. 

http://www.klkntv.com/story/26526517/prominent-businessman-and-community-leader-passes-away

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: September 14, 2014, 09:35:33 AM »
Don't forget, Acey, call within the next 15 minutes and you'll get not one, not two, but THREE thingamabobs, for only 3 easy payments of $79.95! But wait, there's more!!!

TK, calling something "ARESNCSMNCR" for SHORT??? How about just "radio thingy get together".

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #269 on: September 14, 2014, 05:00:38 PM »
Evening Y'all, just got back from a CAS shoot in Pa, Had 5 quick stages then a cook out with steak, pork roast, chicken and sausage...All the 4 main food groups. Saw Miz Tricky Trina and Missouri Marshal there and got to talk with them,Good people. They're staying up here until next week then will be shooting at our SASS state championship, Heluva Rukus.  http://www.circlekregulators.com/heluvarukus.html
Y'all have a good evening.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #270 on: September 15, 2014, 05:47:07 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking this morning. Enjoy! I am still waking up. The first cup went fast.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #271 on: September 15, 2014, 05:58:04 AM »
Mornin'.

Mid seventies 'n dry.

Maj, them lies they told ya 'bout me ain't true.

Took the fat lady to the golf course yestitty mornin'. Didn't find either of the happy couple. Did see some buzzard's feastin' on sumthin' off in the field. An egret was wadin' in the crick. Nice hawk flew o'er real low.

Talked with my photographer pard for a few minutes. Just traded the truck he had for a 4Runner. Asked 'im how he liked 'is station wagon. Hehehehehehe..... Got a huff on 'n told me it was a truck
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2014, 06:24:36 AM »
Thanks for the coffee ;)

48 here, sun is up though. Looking for 60's today ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: September 15, 2014, 06:28:24 AM »
Majer only one of them stories wasn't true....

Little warmer here this morning- larger chance of rain than not...

The dogs are out for morning run i am still wearing my boxers when i go out in the morning and have my coffee.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #274 on: September 15, 2014, 06:58:49 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

A little rain overnight.
'Tis 50 and overcast. "Showers in the morning...then scattered showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 60s. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 80 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: September 15, 2014, 07:02:01 AM »
Majer only one of them stories wasn't true....

Why I didn't say 'half the lies ain't true.' Thanx for the help. My pard, Roo..............

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: September 15, 2014, 07:11:20 AM »
They (the dogs) have settled down now

It  has been over 2 months now. Since they came here. Finished treating Raina the othe day. For mange. Her coat has returned and she has and both have continued to grow and gain weight. Will be shopping for new collars this week. They have learned to bark now like real dogs and not puppies. Sounding quite convincing to any who stop by.

Raina standing

Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #277 on: September 15, 2014, 08:19:53 AM »
My F-150 ain't even a truck, it's a pick-up.    ::)

My late friend Sandy wouldn't let anyone hunt on their farm if you called a pick-up a truck or called a dirt road a street, said such people were to dumb to be allowed to wander around on their place with firearms. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #278 on: September 15, 2014, 08:31:48 AM »
Now Arcey, they had nothing but good things to say about you,Now LIT on the other hand... :o :o :o
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: September 15, 2014, 08:42:27 AM »
Now Arcey, they had nothing but good things to say about you,Now LIT on the other hand... :o :o :o

Whew.................. Otherwise, no comment.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com