Author Topic: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens  (Read 132732 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
Re: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens
« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2014, 12:17:22 AM »
" I'm too young to be having  debilitating shoulder issues! "

tell me about IT !   8-9 or weeks since I hurt them and rehab,  and mine ain't right yet !  ::)

I was all PU from the 70's -90's  last one was an 04 ....got into the Cushy Lincoln LS & then a CTS since then
now one of those cross overs ...I miss my PU's but not the imposing yokels , that'd call to get me to haul stuff for them.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2014, 12:20:31 AM »
Arcey, That makes a lot of sense. At this stage of my life, I would pay younger and stronger to do those types of chores. The Cawffee beans are in the grinder and the water is in the reservoir.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2014, 06:15:14 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

Low eighties 'n a chance of rain in the afternoon.

'N if they drop it they bought it, Tex. We get 'nother one. They install the new one 'n haul the old one 'n the crate the new one come in away. I drink coffee 'n watch.

Gotta scare up sumthin' for did-din. Was gonna do chicken breasts o'er 'taters but I forgot ta take the things out the freezer yesterevenin'.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2014, 06:26:15 AM »
I still miss a truck- there is times like right now when i'd like to pick up. 2by's for targets. I can stick them thru the rear window and juggle them, it is not impossible but plywood is harder to haul. (I am a redneck and can get creative with a vehicle.). I would still wait for free delivery and am willing to pay additional on heavy items.
To those who think oh call Rooster he has a truck. Sorry! My truck and self have plans during your up coming needs. I moved to my last 3 moves without help other than the kid i paid to help me load in Dec. Paybacks are hell.

Thanks for the coffee.

Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2014, 07:02:20 AM »
Sheet of plywood or 2Xs tie to the luggage thingy on top. Extension ladder goes up there too. 6' step ladder'll go in the back with the window down. Just gotta remember not ta try ta put the thing in the house with stuff on top. Ya can't see the step ladder from the driver's seat if ya stick it up there 'less ya open the hole in the roof. The shade ain't been opened in weeks cuz if ya leave it in a parkin' lot in the sun this time of year for anytime at all it's an oven when ya get in it. Last time I had sumthin' on top I left the opener on the freezer so I couldn't open the door without gettin' out.

Dropped the back seat 'n lugged the bails of pine straw she wanted. 

Thinkin' on a modification to the four wheel gun cart. Couple clevis pins 'n the uprights come off. Stick it in the back without droppin' the right half of the back seat.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2014, 07:35:00 AM »
It feels like a 2 pot morning. I had some tots with my Cawffee this morning.I slept in this morning. My right hip has been keeping me awake at night. The Alleve does not help.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2014, 09:12:01 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Sackett is feeling better. He sleep on the coach most of the day.

Sorry ta hear of yer injury TK. Hope ya mend quickly.

On vacation this week, county fair week.

'Tis 68 and overcast. "Cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers likely and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2014, 10:03:33 AM »
Both dogs to Vet this morning average weight 40 pounds. Raina is a few lighter. She is a smaller frame. Both healthy and now officially known by the tax revenurers in the Heart of Dixie state.  Law n Order every time!

Slim glad Sackett is feeling better.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2014, 11:35:47 AM »
Yer a fine, carin' man, Roo. Hey! both of 'em for me.

Fergot ta tell Nash fetched a box turtle 'n wanted the SiL ta play catch. SiL put the turtle where Nash couldn't get to 'im 'n tossed a ball.

My good deed for the day was goin' ta the dreaded Farm Fresh, I might have mentioned I despise that store, on a mission for the grands for special jelly beans Ali can't get local 'n don't wanna order.

Flavors include 'Stinky Socks, Rotten Egg, Barf, Booger, Baby Wipes, Lawn Clippin's, Toothpaste, Canned Dog Food, Moldy Cheese 'n Skunk Spray.' Yum..........

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2014, 12:12:42 PM »
My good deed for the day was goin' ta the dreaded Farm Fresh, I might have mentioned I despise that store, on a mission for the grands for special jelly beans Ali can't get local 'n don't wanna order.

Flavors include 'Stinky Socks, Rotten Egg, Barf, Booger, Baby Wipes, Lawn Clippin's, Toothpaste, Canned Dog Food, Moldy Cheese 'n Skunk Spray.' Yum..........
Yuck  :o

Trimmed brush along the fence. Sweating like crazy. Taking a break and drinking ice water.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2014, 12:18:45 PM »
Keep hydrated while you are working outside, Slim. Them favors of jelly beans would only appeal to kids. No rain and no triple digit temps today.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2014, 12:37:39 PM »
Mornin' y'all.

I'm a bit high strung today.  My new pickup will be arriving today. ;D  It's just a waiting game.  The particular cousin who will be delivering, doesn't get up before 11am. 10:37 local time right now... ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2014, 12:40:28 PM »
Arcey,
 ;)

I think I would tell them, "you don't want to Order then... you ain't going to get them".
But, that's just me.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2014, 12:46:24 PM »
I'm here, home thing still the shop, but figure pay customers get first service. ;D  Wife has been cleaning up her workshop for something to do instead. ::)

Went to buffet last night, spinach looked good, made a big salad, remember why I don't do much salad.   ::)  Made it home safe though.   

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2014, 02:32:10 PM »
 :)don't knock those flavors till you try them. I love the popcorn flavored ones
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2014, 02:36:57 PM »
:)don't knock those flavors till you try them. I love the popcorn flavored ones
Jelly Belly.

Slim

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2014, 02:56:58 PM »
I'll stick with the traditional favors of the jelly beans. Moose has school In-Service today, Victoria is napping in the back.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2014, 03:03:04 PM »
Rainin' here. Been doing that since just shy of 10 this morning. Made for a short day. Got a chance to clean the disc and defrag this thing. Took quite a while, but it got done ::)

Del, SIL ate canned kraut for lunch yesterday, reported she got cleaned out......totally ::) :o ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2014, 03:25:31 PM »
Brother sent this, got it on his trail cam, talk about a selfie. ::)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com