Author Topic: February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up  (Read 102927 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up
« Reply #380 on: February 24, 2014, 12:31:24 PM »
The chance of rain has dropped the temps into the 40s and 50s this week. I had some oatmeal and toast for breakfast, no clue for lunch. I am sure we will have leftover pot roast for supper tonight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #381 on: February 24, 2014, 03:45:38 PM »
Betsy o’er next door’s home ‘n OK. Talked to her a l’il while ago. Been in the hospital since Friday gettin’ her heart rhythm back ta manageable.

Said that first cuz Bob walked o’er while I was eye-witnessin’ the weather ‘fore I took off fer awhile 'n didn't know 'er staus. First thing he said, “Well, I’m mournin’ a death……”

Scared the snit (hybrid werd) outta me. Asked ‘im what was goin’ on ‘n he told me he'd decided ta close his small book keepin’ ‘n tax prep company.

Geeeezzzzzzzzz….. Derned ole fart………………

Found a ham steak. Make some rice ‘n open a canna mixed greens. Stayed up too late last night. Ready fer beddy-bye time now.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #382 on: February 24, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »
the best news I had heard in some time...Peirs Morgan is cancelled.. There is only one other news headline that would make me happier
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #383 on: Today at 11:23:13 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #383 on: February 24, 2014, 09:47:40 PM »
Roo, That too will come, not soon enough for me.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #384 on: February 25, 2014, 12:33:48 AM »
Well, spent all day yesterday changing the front brake system on a 199-some Chevrolet Astro van.  I'm so excited about that I could...lie down and go to sleep.

Spent today driving around the county looking for garbage to pick up.  only got about half a 33gallon trash bag worth.  bleh.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #385 on: February 25, 2014, 06:07:17 AM »
Mornin’.

Might be 36°. A slight chance of light rain after noon. Mostly cloudy with a high near 44°. North wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

I can think of a pile of headlines that would make me slam giddy.

Gots stuff ta do. Get started on it inna while.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #386 on: February 25, 2014, 06:43:26 AM »
Moanin' all. Me and arther are having a bout :P

20 here,WC  8 with a light dusting of snow. Have an appointment at the Hamster dealer this morning ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #387 on: February 25, 2014, 07:39:19 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready to drink. Enjoy! The weather folks say we have a 30 percent chance of rain today. It looks like a damp and dreary day ahead.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #388 on: February 25, 2014, 07:49:06 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

Spent 2 hours last night on 'puter stuff fer a customer.

'Tis 2 and overcast. WC -11. High of 10.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #389 on: February 25, 2014, 08:17:30 AM »
thanks for the coffee Tex

had another airboat worth of snow blow in overnight. I guess I need to dig the jeep out
Mathew 5.9

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #390 on: February 25, 2014, 08:23:43 AM »
No fresh snow overnight, but enough left in the driveway that I had to get up early to drive the wife to work.  Cold this morning - 6 below last I checked.  Won't be checking again till it warms up.

That is good news about morgan (intentional lower case m) - better news would have been he was deported.  I too can think of quite a few headlines that would bring a grin to my face.

Think I'll go have another cup of coffee.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #391 on: February 25, 2014, 10:01:12 AM »
Here, today it was 9 when I got, up, on the elventy eightth cup I think. ::)  Got up early, got lots of windows open, but they are cyber, so it's OK.  Working on the details of some cultivars of the Genus Prunus that has several edible species, sub-species and cultivars. 

LOL, I can write more suitable for reference material in the morning and do better on research and note taking in the afternoon. 

Finished peaches and the bald peach known as a nectarine a bit ago, going over the notes for plums right now. 

Roasted loin for supper, most likely homemade fries to go with it.  Stu, I got a big jar of Liz's secret rub again so other than oven at home it will be like the camp one. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #392 on: February 25, 2014, 10:39:11 AM »
I find it strange that most of those we eat the fruit but one of them we eat the pit.  Or I guess "stone" is the correct term.

Since Liz's secret rub is still a secret it's going to be impossible for me to reproduce at home.  You didn't say how the cutlets turned out yesterday.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: February 25, 2014, 10:44:47 AM »
Danged good on them.  No she won't tell me, but she supplies me, she's trying to sell the recipe.  Remind me in late May and I'll get you some though.

Most of those other stone fruits have to much cyanide in them to be really safe for human consumption.

BTW I have identified and named a new human sub-species today.   Homo sapiens variant Dumas liberal
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: February 25, 2014, 11:09:57 AM »
That is a large species, goes nationwide.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: February 25, 2014, 11:11:38 AM »
That is a large species, goes nationwide.

Worldwide.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: February 25, 2014, 12:15:21 PM »
Hehehehehehe…………….

79° t’other day. Dash board thingy read 41° when I put the station wagon back in the house a few minutes ago ‘n the sky’s spittin’ snow.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: February 25, 2014, 12:19:10 PM »
It spit snow here a little bit done now, got through the plums and on to pears, amazing how most of our common fruits are related to roses.   ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: February 25, 2014, 12:31:06 PM »
Didn't expect pears to be in that genus, they don't have a stone. Thought they would be more related to apples.

Surely the Dumas liberal has a sufficient population to require management through regulated hunting ;)

Marked my calendar in May: "Remind Del about Liz's secret rub".

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: February 25, 2014, 12:37:08 PM »
Watched ‘em prep ‘n serve rose petals on a Chopped episode. I’ll never reach that level of sophistication. Don’t wanna.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com