Author Topic: Dee-sem-brrr Coffee  (Read 164937 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Dee-sem-brrr Coffee
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 04:21:48 PM »
I had work this morning, digging leaves from around the base of some thorny bushes.......in the rain.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 05:55:55 PM »
Howdy y'all,

Gettin' my rest from the busy week-end. They can have the cyber-Monday biz, I'll get what's leftover on Tues.

Saw the 60 Minutes segment they had last nite on the "delivery drones" info. was new to me too. New warehouses they've built recently have "picking robots" already. Least them little buggers don't complain 'bout how sore their feet are. My warehouse is still labor intensive & have to talk to a lot of 'em.

Prayers up for those folks who are grieving loved ones during the holiday season, have some I've lost during this season as well.

Arcey, hope you kick that nasty crud soon & feelin' better.
Safe travels 'Roo
Storm to come in tamarraw, windy all day today. Dreaded flakes just in time for my commute to work, TG for the Jeep.
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 08:37:33 PM »
Talked to littl roo tonight, because of detour and mess he ended up on I-90 and decided to stay there, near Madison Wisconsin tonight.  He will text me tomorrow when they stop.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 05:31:51 AM »

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 09:26:42 PM »
Weather is brutal & bound to get worse headin' his way north :(
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2013, 10:15:44 PM »
'Tis sn*wing. 1"-2" by morning.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »
Change is due here tanight too.  Might see a dusting overnight if moisture dacides ta fall.

Apparently the bug that wives pass ta their men is a national craze.  Pard I work with got his the same, as did I, don't seem ta hit the men so bad as the women in these parts.

Left overs er now for lunch only, back ta makin new an excitin stuff up for supper.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 11:09:42 PM »
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 11:10:51 PM »
Here's one for Arcey...
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2013, 02:41:31 AM »
I am with you on winter, Major. That is why I moved to the Metroplex from the Texas Panhandle. I hate snow and ice and really hate to drive in it as well. I know how to drive in it, but it seems that most folks do not. I would not want that dog after me, he can keep his doggie toy.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2013, 06:09:01 AM »
I'll start a pot, no guarantees,though ::)

33 here, dark ::)

Wife had me out shopping  yesterday$$$$ :o
Payback for my roller case, I guess, and since she's going to the gig Saturday night, she had to have some fancy duds ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 06:31:08 AM »
Thinkin’ it’s pretty much had its way with me ‘n movin’ on, Miz Letty. Thanks.

Mornin’.

He’s a good pup, Maj. Just plays a l’il rough lookin’ for some fun from time ta time is all. At home ‘round the family they’re just pets that go ta werk with Daddy. That'n looks good. Lean 'n well muscled.

Doin’ a real painful thing some time taday. Havin’ the heatin’ oil tank filled. Man, that’s gonna hurt. Drug myownself out ‘n sticked it yestitty. Had 4” in it. Rather take on the pooch with a leather sleeve.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 07:54:04 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

Getting new tires on the Suburban today.

'Tis 32 and overcast. 1" of slush on the ground.  :( "A chance of light snow and drizzle in the morning...then light rain and snow likely in the afternoon. Patchy fog in the morning. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the upper 30s. East wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013, 08:05:10 AM »
Mornin, horses out n stalls cleaned, thanks for the coffee Buck.

Like Arcey said your Dad lived a full life Slim, prayer up.

Roo is headed for nasty weather out west, they are calling for a washout weekend here.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2013, 12:47:16 PM »
Howdy y'all,

Woke to 3" of the evil white stuff on the Jeep. They tell me it's been fallin' since 7 am. 32 right now an' low of 11.

Roads were covered in brine yesterday, hopefully they went 40 mi. to my east.

Keep warm an' dry gang
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2013, 06:10:07 PM »
We won't get our nasty stuff until Thursday. I don't having anything planned for the weekend, so I plan on staying in all weekend.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2013, 06:56:30 PM »
Got a text from Little Roo, they are in Chamberlin SD, that is where I-90 crosses the Missouri river, said it was wet and turning to snow.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2013, 07:35:07 PM »
Hopefully he'll be careful,Del :-\

Did some more running today, got some wild bird food and a squirrel feeder to try and keep'em out of the bird's stuff. Gonna be warm tomorrow again ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2013, 07:49:49 PM »
Buck, once you start to feed them they'll turn into furry welfare recipients and tear the place up when you're late feeding them. :o :o You may want to rethink it... ;D ;D
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2013, 12:07:15 AM »
Too late for coffee, and it's probably cold anyway, but I'll take a cup or two.

So, today counted as......sucky, for lack of a better term.

We woke up with a layer of ice on everything outside (including my nose, which was in my uninsulated bedroom....), but cold aside, had a decent first part of the morning.  We had our family Bible study in the warm living room, had our cups of coffee, and breakfast.  My dad went off for work, and I got my homework ready for classes in the city today.  I just finished stapling my Chemistry report together, when a call came over the police/fire scanner for, "671, White Oak Road in Trinity Pines, for an elderly female, non-responsive, and not waking up."  That happens to be my grandmothers address.  We called my dad on the cell phone, and he called his brother who stays with grandma.
     While we were waiting for my dad to cal back, we hear the fire department get on scene, and cancel the ambulance.....as well as call for a coroner.  Seconds later, my dad calls back on the phone saying that, grandma has passed to the great hunting grounds in the sky.
    This all happened at 8:30 a.m.  Dad rushed home (fifteen minute walk) and packed the whole family in the car, to head over there, hopefully before the coroner got there.  We did, with ten minutes to spare, and watched her rolled away.
   At the request of the family (who were all up at grandmas from Nevada and Arizona, to attend the court hearing in the murder case of my uncle) we stayed a while.......and didn't walk back in the door until just passed 9:30 p.m.

She was 78, and had resided in the Pines since 1998, having owned the property since 1966.  She has four surviving children, and more grandchildren than I care to count at the moment.  She was born in Texas in 1935, and moved with her family to Tulare California in 1937.  From there she moved to Fremont California, and eventually to Weaverville California.  She died in her sleep last night.

R.I.P. Jackie Jackson.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2013, 02:53:40 AM »
 :(  Sorry for your loss, prayers are offered,  with children & grands she had a full life....
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com