Author Topic: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October  (Read 128848 times)

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October
« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2013, 07:59:31 AM »
That sounds horrible. I was thinking about some breakfast till I read that recipe. Now I think I'll just have some coffee & hope my appetite comes back.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2013, 08:21:31 AM »
Every time a vegetarian "it tastes just like meat"  they should be tied to the bumper of my pick-up and drug, and since the only bumper is on the front,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Never figured out why someone would be a vegetarian and then spend all there time trying to make something taste like meat, just eat the meat dummy or eat the veggies.  "Here try this, it's beef, but tastes like Brussels Sproats" said no one ever.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2013, 08:53:44 AM »
Mornin' y'all,
Skippin' the cawfee for now...to been 'ta sleep yet. Thanks TLD for settin' the pot on...

Del, that Special K loaf is a BIG ewww...gotta have MEAT once in a while !!
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Advertising

« Reply #243 on: Today at 02:10:54 AM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2013, 08:58:13 AM »
My best at on year pendin’ escape, cusp. It’s wonderful.

Ever’ body’s done gone off money spendin’. Kind of quiet. Rain still hangin’ ‘round.

If one’s dead set against eatin’ meat, as God intended, why does one even bother ta mention some party-food type concoction mimics the taste?  Why would one want it to taste like something it isn’t? Is the author ashamed it doesn't have meat in it? Does it taste like chicken? Hell, ever'thing tastes like chicken...............................

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: October 12, 2013, 09:27:01 AM »
Why is it that all the expensive, exotic things taste "just like chicken". If I want something that tastes just like chicken, I'll just have chicken!

That special k loaf sounds gross.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: October 12, 2013, 10:01:10 AM »
I'm guessing that is two no votes for a dish at next years muster.  LOL

Remember fish and chicken ain't really meat cause veggies sometime say, "I'm a veggie but sometimes I eat fish and chicken."  Looks like non-meat for me tonight, got some thawed that needs used, at least she ain't gonna be there so I'm makin' hot teats boneless breast, never understood the wings thing, like tryin' to eat sunflower seats, make it out of real pieces.  Saw that one time on TV, cookes on a nuke sub was makin' hot teats boneless breast and said the guys didn't have time to waste eatin' wings.   ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #246 on: October 12, 2013, 10:03:18 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

'Tis 60 and overcast. "Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 60s. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: October 12, 2013, 10:42:52 AM »
Did chicken Thursday. Tasted like frog legs......................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: October 12, 2013, 11:12:16 AM »
Finally got over the lost appetite & had bowl of cornmeal mush with butter & brown sugar.

Never been a big fan of chicken - prefer beef or any red meat. Always annoyed me when someone said "try it - it tastes like chicken" - it never does. Frog legs come the closest - kind of a fishy chicken. Prefer em to chicken.

Another side effect of my chemo - red meat tastes like chicken ::)  Only it tastes like too dry chicken breast that's been dredged in dirt  :P

Guess I'll be a vegetarian for a while - my favorite meal this week is canned chicken noodle soup.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: October 12, 2013, 11:51:52 AM »
I wouldn't give up on that dish altogether, Del, maybe you could just "tweak" it a little bit. Maybe substitute some ground beef for the cottage cheese, walnuts, and fake beef broth, and some bread crumbs for the special K. Add some gravy or tomato sauce over the top and it might be ok!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: October 12, 2013, 01:36:20 PM »
I wouldn't give up on that dish altogether, Del, maybe you could just "tweak" it a little bit. Maybe substitute some ground beef for the cottage cheese, walnuts, and fake beef broth, and some bread crumbs for the special K. Add some gravy or tomato sauce over the top and it might be ok!

Will just keep making the meatloaf the way I do, it seems to go over well, wish I had a picture of Jerry mess kit when he went back for more, lol, a meat can full of meatloaf. 

Told Stu I had to put the leftover meatloaf away before we went to town, Jerry said there was no need to. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: October 12, 2013, 01:52:21 PM »
Telling the story just can't do it justice. When I saw how much meatloaf he was able to pile on that mess tin, I thought there's no way he can eat that much, especially in this heat, & after how hard he worked this morning in the heat - that huge pike of hot meat will never go down. Then he went back for more :o. What really amazed me, when we got back from town, he ate a Popsicle I brought back & went back to work.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: October 12, 2013, 02:06:45 PM »

Doan know PE might make it taste like chicken.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: October 12, 2013, 02:47:21 PM »

5 - 6 Cups of Special K Cereal - [I have heard that some people use Corn Flakes but I've never been brave enough to try it!]

Someone tell me I'm reading that wrong.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2013, 05:09:30 PM »
I will add my 2 cents on the Special K meatloaf,  I ain't eating anything like that. I had a couple of regular hotdogs for lunch. I worked at the Masonic Retirement Center Day. We sold a bunch of raffle tickets on a Beretta 12 gauge shotgun to give scholarships to HS Seniors to attend College next year.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2013, 06:03:07 PM »
We swapped a gelding and a mare for a gelding this morning. My uncle brought my grand father's trotter, Ryan, and took the gelding and mare to a trainer in Thorp to get in shape to sell to the Amish or Mennonites. Ryan is a very gentle horse that should be better for the kids than the other two were. We still have the Tennessee Walker mare, who is now the boss of the ranch.

Time fer popcorn and Batman on ME-TV. More to follow with pictures.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: October 12, 2013, 06:21:28 PM »
Went out to a restaurant with the bunch. Had fish. Tasted like fish.

Cell phone’s gotta tip calculator. Didn’t use it. Waitress deserved more’n that wouldah give ‘er seein’s as how I taught the grandkids how ta shoot drinkin’ straw wrappers.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: October 12, 2013, 06:49:39 PM »
Got home, looked in the ice box, looked at the chicken and got a whole new idea, doin' a spearmint that may be pretty good, as kinda cleanin' up ome odds and ends in there, will report later on the success or lack of it. :o
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: October 12, 2013, 07:20:54 PM »
Chicken noodle soup again. Not sick of it yet, know what it'll taste like.

Let us know how that spearmint turns out - my temporary vegetarianism may require me to try new ways to fix chicken.

Good on ya Arcey fer takin' care the waitress & passing on valuable knowledge to the youngins. 

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: October 12, 2013, 08:09:06 PM »
Browned the chicken breasts in butter, added some broth stuff from a jar of chicken paste stuff, simmer a bit, added the left over sour cream, simmered a while longer, added some Parmesan cheese, simmered a while longer, baked a coupe taters, put the gravy on them, wasn't bad, some playing and tuning would make it better.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com