Author Topic: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October  (Read 127659 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2013, 09:29:45 AM »
Mines got one of those card things in it to store stuff, 2 giger-bites, way more than I need, got a bunch of my CD's on it and can listen to music on it, but seldom do.  But I use it as a extra back up for the book, can't read it on there, but it's there, all I have to do is take it out and plug it in, just an extra bit of security and I already have it. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2013, 09:57:10 AM »
It is getting to be time to get the crock pot out of the cabinet and get ready to make some soups and stews. The cool weather that we are having, has done flung a craving' on  me for some comfort food.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2013, 12:36:39 PM »
Chili Hot dog thoughts satisfied.

Topped off the station wagon while the price is what it is. $3.02. Didn't need much. Did it anyway.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #163 on: Today at 02:57:13 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2013, 01:44:38 PM »
I saw a couple of places yesterday at $2.99 a gallon. I cannot remember when I have seen it below $3. a gallon.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2013, 02:25:09 PM »
I heard on the news that gas prices have been steadily falling, but the stations around here haven't got the memo yet ::)

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2013, 03:07:39 PM »
Gas here is still $3.55.9/10 to $3.75.9/10 a gallon for reg.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2013, 03:20:21 PM »
Harrisonburg and Culpepper Va. Gas 2.98 a gal
here 3.08 a gal
Fairfax County area still a arm and leg
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2013, 03:50:31 PM »
" showed me some stuff on a web page one day that says, "tastes like real chicken, beef, bacon, etc." I told them its funny that real chicken, beef and bacon taste that way too. Looking at something that resembles Elmer's Glue is not my idea of food. I came back later and showed them a picture of a chili dog.

I got a Chuckle out of that ...As you may know I've been in show Biz all my working life..
Had a Gig , many years ago, HUGE gathering of the Flower people & their Guru .... we staged a huge platform covered in Flowers..
Close Circuit TV, scantly clad women, guys in robes..etc.

anyway they had prepaired & served meals, bushes, roots, herbs , seeds , yogurts and other such...stuff..crap
Me ...I ordered out and had a cheese burgers & Fries ...  ;D  pissed them off it did  !
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2013, 04:29:36 PM »
On Sat a internet friend in Great Bend Kansas passed away, knew him from the Lab forum.  We did some snooping and his vet had Tal, and Barney Guy's beloved black labs and his black cat Midnite.  Several of us have been busy all day and I just got the word, they have homes, not sure if they are all together, but they have homes.  The internet can be wonderful.  Got to go, to much dang dust, guy will be missed by his friends his fur family and all his students past and present, he taught chemisrty, a sweet gentleman, he was 58.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2013, 05:31:35 PM »
Del, That's how old my Dad was when he passed away from Cancer. that is too young to pass away.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2013, 07:43:29 PM »
At least they got homes that love them, Del, that'ss the important thing ;)

Worked on getting my dance/show band book in numerical order this morning. Took me quite a while. Then had to go pick up aa scrip that I somehow missed the no refill marked on the label. ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »
We are really enjoying this cooler weather, with highs in the lower 80s. Victoria and I got up for a plumbing check.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2013, 12:12:29 AM »
Hey all.  Nothin but a land line here.  Data transfer via pad a paper an pen.  Got this neat feature, I call 911 an can't talk they know zactly where I am.  May come in handy some day.

Taday I went back to the kinda work where ya take a shower in the evenin stead of the mornin, good ole tree work an plenny of it.  Be nice ta spend less time around these confusers an get in back in shape.

Preggo daughter is comin for a visit next couple days, prolly be the last time overnightin bafore little Molly comes along.  Got her a crock an figger on showin her some easy stuff ta do in it ta make life easier in the comin days.

Ya all have a good un.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2013, 01:52:36 AM »
We are expecting lows in the low 60's in the next few days...
Summer was mild and because of that the Ocean never got warm enough sustain a Hurricane.
The Guessers had predicted an active storm year .

Sorry about your friend Del , glad the pets have homes.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2013, 04:13:58 AM »
Mornin all, coawfee, tea n iced tea ready!

Had us scrambling yesterday to set up a temporary training room for some new program the State had to buy because they had incentive money from the Federal Goobermint. Training was boring said the workers and the program doesn't work, imagine that. Of course the contractor has already been paid so they will get it done on maintenance when they get to it.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2013, 05:51:21 AM »
Sorry to hear, Del.

Cool, breezy, rainy, gloomy……… Love it!

Got my fifteen minute physical it 1100. Should be interestin’ hearin’ why we don’t ‘normally’ do lab work before a physical after doin’ lab work before a physical for as long as I can remember.

Cell sez it has a blue tooth. Looked it o'er good. Can't find it.........
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2013, 05:57:05 AM »
Should be interestin’ hearin’ why we don’t ‘normally’ do lab work before a physical after doin’ lab work before a physical for as long as I can remember.

?? Hmmm... Got mine scheduled for next week. Vampire on wed, doc on thurs. Guess out here in the Midwest we just haven't modernized yet.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: October 09, 2013, 06:34:01 AM »
Thru three PCP’s, includin’ the current one, as long as I’ve been goin’ ta this practice, thirty years or so, lab work a week prior with an eight hour fast has been SOP.

Last week when I showed up, no lab order. Checked into it by e-mail ‘n was tolt, “For physicals (rather than problem oriented visits) I normally see the patient first so I order everything needed based on the findings of the physical exam.”

I know I’m old ‘n suffer short term CRS. Ain’t so old I don’t remember the regular pre-physical visits. Kinda sorta why I showed up last week.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #178 on: October 09, 2013, 07:31:32 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tom.

'Tis 39 and sunny. High of 73.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: October 09, 2013, 08:08:08 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning, Tom. I am still enjoying this cool weather, Victoria is napping on the patio slab. I am ready for the second cup of Cawffee, that first one went purdy fast.  I think that Fall has finally arrived.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com