Author Topic: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October  (Read 128804 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Re: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October
« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2013, 09:51:51 AM »
cover has blown off the rider need to get dressed and go outside and recover it.
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2013, 12:15:48 PM »
been following the trucker  protest, don't look as well organized as the Bike protest a few weeks ago.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #222 on: October 11, 2013, 12:34:21 PM »
Had some blowin' at our place too - the trash can & lawn furnature was all rearranged.

Didn't know there was a trucker protest, but haven't looked at the media yet today.

Advertising

« Reply #223 on: Today at 10:13:15 PM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: October 11, 2013, 01:19:54 PM »
been following the trucker  protest, don't look as well organized as the Bike protest a few weeks ago.

I would imagine that's because bikers don't rely on riding their bikes to pay their bills.  Was a good idea though, we'll see how it plays out.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2013, 03:00:32 PM »
Happy Friday y'all,

Thanks for the cawfee 'Roo.

Tolt my carpool gal last nite I'm quittin' riding shotgun with her after she left her car window down in the parkin' lot. My purse was on the floor board with my keys & wallet. Payday was last nite too.....

Call me a "nervous Nelly" but I didn't find out all was OK, for 2 1/2 hrs. later after all kinds of bad scenarios play thru your head.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20131011/NEWS01/131011001/Sparks-police-looking-man-who-led-officers-chase-after-stealing-guns-vehicle...     like this one....

Guess I'll be drivin' the Jeep more often. Asked for a ride home from a couple from WY thinkin' they were camped out here in town (Reno). Turned out they were camped out in Amazon's area & commute is 40 mi. Felt like a heel for askin' but I was away from that "dingbat" driver leastways.....
Gunna make up some salsa for 'em since they wouldn't take any $$ for fuel.
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2013, 04:12:21 PM »
I would imagine that's because bikers don't rely on riding their bikes to pay their bills.  Was a good idea though, we'll see how it plays out.

you hit it on the nail there.

In the 89 or 90 the log trucks shut down the main North South highway thru Montana from Canada to Cali, in protest of logging rights
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: October 11, 2013, 05:01:59 PM »
Miz Letty , Sorry to hear about your stuff getting stolen.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: October 11, 2013, 05:27:10 PM »
TLD,

Not yet...but I sure was worried it "coulda been" ...  just feelin' overly protective of my personal stuff & will have control over it in the future even if it means costin' more in fuel to get where I need to be..
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: October 11, 2013, 06:01:11 PM »
TLD,

Not yet...but I sure was worried it "coulda been" ...  just feelin' overly protective of my personal stuff & will have control over it in the future even if it means costin' more in fuel to get where I need to be..

My jeep was ransacked a couple weeks, not a settling feeling.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: October 11, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »
Never fun to have a vehicle ransacked Roo. I remember a convertible I had, someone cut open the top to get at about $100 worth a stuff from various part of the inside of the car, cost me a whole lot more to replace the top.

Well on the 22nd of the month I have an appointment to submit my retirement papers, as of December 1st I will no longer be a local goobermint employee, just another contributor to the revenue stream of bad decisions.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2013, 07:06:00 PM »
I've always left the keys in my pick-up until. I bought this new Dodge & it locked me out first trip away from home.

Usually lived in low crime areas & didn't worry to much about it until someone stole My old Chevy. Didn't report it stolen until I'd checked with everyone I could think of who might have borrowed it.  Got it back later the same night - sheriff found it abandoned on the highway. Said there didn't seem to be any damage, was just out of gas. I told him it hasn't been gone long enough to burn that much gas.  Turns out the idiot kid that stole it was too stupid to figure out how to switch tanks, then he parked the one he stole to haul all of the stuff he had stolen from a liquor store in the next town in the same spot he found mine. Then he left footprints in the dirt road from there to his front door  ::)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #231 on: October 11, 2013, 07:28:08 PM »
Idiot thieves.... here one  ::)

A few years back , my wife had her Honda broken into, smashed the passenger side window... BTW this was in while she was attending a party in upscale gated community.

She had though it safe, to leave her purse in passenger foot well  ???

The Purp, got her  wallet , with CC's , SS# , ID with home address & Check book ... the Credit card was hit for $13 in Gas
I assume as a test, then $56 at another gas station, before we stopped the card.

What was STUPID was he wrote a one of her Checks  :o for his RENT ! ...BUSTED !

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: October 11, 2013, 08:09:02 PM »
The deputy who caught the aforementioned idiot couldn't control his laughter while telling the story of following the footprints up to the door, knocked on the door & said idiot opened it to reveal a pick-up load of liquer & ciggarettes piled in the living room floor.  Idiot was on parol from his first time in the pen, hadn't been out three weeks.  Don't know how many different times he been sent back since.

Got on here to tell you all (especially Del) about he new dish we had for supper & go sidetracked by the idiot thief story.

One of the ladies the Wife works with at the middle school knew i was having chemo today & that the Wife was going to sit with me so she sent home a "runza cassarole" for our supper. I'd never heard of such a thing. Now that I've tried it, my opinion is: if you don't have the time or the wherewithal to make runzas, then make something else ::). Still appreciate the gesture, & it wasn't horrible, but didn't remind me much of a runza. On the other hand, not sure how much I'd enjoy even a good runza today. One the side effects ya know - food tastes like crap.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #233 on: October 11, 2013, 11:27:19 PM »
Been my opinion of the things, have had them before, but does beat Special K loaf.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2013, 12:29:51 AM »
I had couple of burgers for supper tonight. The weather just teased us again, it clouded up and got dark. No rain tonight. The long range forecast says that we will have rain all weekend and through Monday.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2013, 01:00:52 AM »
Never had a Special K loaf - don't want one.

Woke up for a plumbing check & thought I was too late. Bedding was soaked.  Was relieved to find it was sweat, but then I was freezing. Got the Wife up to change my sheets while I dried off & warmed up a cup of chicken soup. Feel a lot better now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2013, 05:36:52 AM »
The Cawffee and hot water are ready to drink, the iced tea comes later. I stayed up late last night watching the National League Playoff game. Congrats to the Cards.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2013, 07:14:15 AM »
Thanks for the coffee TLD, off to check on the horses then going down to Moyock NC to look at plans for a 10' x 24' run shed for the horses at State Line builders.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: October 12, 2013, 07:38:20 AM »
LIT- good luck with that. We have several places around here that offer them none of them cheap

Thanks for the coffee Tex
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #239 on: October 12, 2013, 07:40:14 AM »
Here ya go Stu, found it, lady is a liar, ain't no meat eater ever thought this was a meat loaf:

I "discovered" this dish, Special K Cottage Cheese Loaf, at least 20 years ago when I started going to church. It was served at a lot of the potlucks after church and at people's houses after church [when they invited us home with them, way back in the day!]. I asked for the recipe and I have been making it ever since. I even fixed Special K Cottage Cheese Loaf as part of the meal for my wedding reception. Some of the non-vegetarians [meat eaters] thought it was a meat dish but it is completely meatless.
I have seen recipes for this dish online and in a lot of different cookbooks and it seems to go by a lot of different names with some variation in the ingredients though this seems to be the basic ingredients listed here. Through the many years that I've been making Special K Cottage Cheese Loaf, I have modified it many times so here it is, this is the recipe that I use when I make this for myself and my family.

Special K Cottage Cheese Loaf

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine [1 stick]
1 Onion [diced, can use more or less depending on taste]
2 Tablespoons of a Vegetarian Stock like McKay's Seasoning/Broth or Worthington Brand [this can be to your taste, add a little more or less if you wish]
4 Beaten Eggs
1 large size container of Cottage Cheese
5 - 6 Cups of Special K Cereal - [I have heard that some people use Corn Flakes but I've never been brave enough to try it!]
3/4 Cup Walnuts [I put mine in a bag and hit them with either a can or a wooden rolling pin until they are very small pieces, almost fine ground]

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 F
Spray large baking pan with non-stick spray
Get a large mixing bowl and melt the butter or margarine in it [microwave]
Add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT NOT the Special K cereal, Mix Well
Add the Special K cereal, mix well
Put in your greased baking pan
Cover with foil and bake on the top rack for 45 minutes
Remove foil, turn off the heat to oven and let sit in the oven for at least 20 to 30 minutes.

Leftovers freeze well and can be reheated in the microwave.

I serve Special K Cottage Cheese Loaf with a green salad and garlic bread.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com