Author Topic: Why did you join SASS  (Read 26668 times)

Offline Nine Toe Jim

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 678, SAWWS, WARTHOG, GOFWG, GAF
    • ninetoejim
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Why did you join SASS
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2006, 10:19:12 PM »
I started shooting buffalo gun matches in 1984 in Virginia City, Montana. At the time there were pistol and lever gun side matches that we had a lot of fun at. in 1987 I noticed a SASS review in one of the shooting magazines and ordered their video of the end of trail shoot of that year. That did it for me and I joined in 1988. Should have got a lifetime membership from the looks of it because 2007 will be my 20th year. Damn I don't even buy green bananas at my age. By the way - anyone out there that used to belong to the Virginia City Buffaler Runners???

Old Age and Treachery Will Overcome Youth and Skill
WARTHOG, SASS 678, GOFWG, GAF, Quigley Shooter

Be-A-triss Bandit

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2006, 10:24:04 AM »
I joined recently because "the guys" told me that though I didn't have to in order to shoot, I should register my alias.  Well, no one calls me by my alias; they call me every state name that has a Big 12 football team.  I thought it was kind of like joining NRA to shoot Highpower - there has to be a sanctioning body.  Seems noone is keeping score except at the big events.  I have no desire to sell videos or gimmick gear with my alias on 'em, the badge is as good as some I had as a kid, and they misspelled my name.  But, I'll give it a year and see if it's worth renewing.
Don't need membership for the comraderie and friendships I have enjoyed through CAS and CAS City.
BB

Offline fourfingersofdeath

• The Old Loquacious one's loquacious signature:
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dang! Caught shooting a 357!
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2006, 05:03:44 AM »
It seems that every picture of my family at christmas when I was a young'un had me with a cowboy hat or a Davy Crockett coonskin (read rabbit) hat and a sixshooter or rifle cap gun. When I started pistol shooting here in Australia in the early 80s you could only buy pistols that there was a sanctioned match for and no way could I fit a Colt single action into those matches. Didn't stop me wanting one though. A 94 Wionchester was not my my first rifle, but it was my first new one. Hooked on westerns, guns and country music. I was on  my way here, but I just didn't know it!  ;D

MIck.

PS, Nine toes, what's the uniform? I'll show you how to wear and draw that holster correctly if you like, I wore that type of holster when I first joined corrections and was trained to use them. Quick as a wink when you know how to do it properly, the hand is almost faster that the eye.

Mick.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 10:52:38 PM »

Offline Nine Toe Jim

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 678, SAWWS, WARTHOG, GOFWG, GAF
    • ninetoejim
  • Liked: