Author Topic: Am I jinxed?  (Read 87802 times)

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Am I jinxed?
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2005, 09:20:54 PM »
I just got off the phone with Home Depot. They have a guy at the pros desk who is actually good at customer service. He wasn't there. NO ONE was at the pros desk. All the managers are in a meeting. NO ONE is working the lumber section.

So, what I was just told was, in so many words "Tough, we can't help you, call back at six."

I said no, I'd call Lowes. I cut the guy off as he was saying...

"Ok..."

Once when I was a Teenager and working at a pizza joint, I had a customer call and request delivery.  Believe it or not, but I was in a strange mood and was polite and told her that we were not able to deliver to her.  She pressed...  I then checked and found that we had delivered to her locale but to many complaints were coming back about cold pizzas so we had to cut stop delivery to her street.  She pressed some more and I lost patience.  She finally said that she was going to call the other pizza place... I told her good, I liked them better! *click*
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2005, 09:54:28 PM »
I use one of those hand crank jobs. The electrics just frustrate me........Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2005, 10:03:12 PM »
But, ya see, that cute "Gizmo" (and that was its danged name) was made for those of us that are starting to suffer from arthritis....but by the time yer done fightin with the dang thing, more stuff than yer hands hurt...then yer arm hurts from throwin it out in the yard.....and then I am in trouble fer hittin my mail "person" with it, who is bringing me mail for the same address as mine 2 streets over, and must be very interested in Cowboy action shooting, cuz all my newsletters and magazines are always 2 weeks late and well thumbed. Shoot Magazine has had the envelope neatly cut open every month for the last 6 months. I hear they are doing it for my safety, they are looking for anthrax or something...

don't be gettin me started.....
cc
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 12:50:17 PM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2005, 03:54:33 AM »
Curley Cole, don't go Postal on the Post Office..They don't get paid enough to buy magzines so they read ours.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2005, 12:31:56 AM »
oh, yeah...and a $9.00 keyboard that types the letter 'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' all by its self.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2005, 07:48:17 PM »
oh, yeah...and a $9.00 keyboard that types the letter 'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' all by its self.
I just noticed Forty Rod's almost comment on packaging so am now seeking my "happy place" and humming ... "Don't start, AnnieLee, don't start, don't go on a rampage about packaging, just breathe.... "

I am like Annie when it comes to Computers, call Microsoft or Gateway and you wait and wait wait, finally you go to bed andt midnite some guy in India or Pakistan calls you back to help you....Pleas I am a American speak American t0o me. I did not fly half ways around the world and buy this computer. Then virus and werms...You ever stop and think that maybe the Bill Gates is behind them...Sell more software.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2005, 11:32:41 AM »
double tap
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2005, 11:35:12 AM »
It happened again last night.  The brand new VCR that I bought two weeks ago crapped out in the middle of a tape.

I don't know what to do any more.  The warranty is good but WHY SHOULD IT HAVE TO BE EVERY TIME I BUY SOMETHING?

I'm sure getting tired of this.  

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2005, 12:14:31 PM »
What'd it do, Forty? Quit running, or was it picture quality?......Buck 8) ::) ???
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2005, 01:44:09 PM »
Back when I was in school, a good friend of mine and I took electronics lab together. It was very strange. I'd set up the lab so it would be running just fine, walk out to get a drink of water or something and the equipment would stop working. I'd come back in and it would work again. She'd leave and it would still work.

If she bought an electronic wrist watch, it'd stop within a matter of days.  I don't know if it was her magnetic field, her aura or what, but electronics just didn't like her.

Maybe that's what's wrong with Forty?

:-[

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2005, 02:30:07 PM »
Yeah.

Right.

My magnetic personality.

Or, just maybe, it's those implants the aliens put in my head.

Right in the middle of a movie, about 2/3 through, I suddenly have black and white snowstorm and loud static.  Shut it down ASAP (1-2 secinds), pulled the tape and put in another one.  Nothing but snow and static.

The nice lady at Sam's said to bring in the receipt and she'd replace the machine.

Point is I shouldn't have to take it anywhere and no one should have to replace it if the damn thing was worth anything to start with.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2005, 07:20:14 PM »
Sounds like my mother and cameras.  She is the queen of the forty-five minute snapshot!  "Everybody smile... Oh, must turn it on!  Ok, ready?  ...  Oops darn, the flash didn't go off.  Everyone stay there.  Ok ... ready?  Dang!  Forgot to wind it.  Keep smiling, one second, hold on now ok ready?  ...  ...  ... well, what is going on!  I keep pressing the b-- *snap*.  Ok, everyone back together and smile.  J., you are not smiling!  Smile dammit!  Ok, ready... oh, what a shame, no more film!"

We thought a digital camera would be the fix for her.  Nope!  No more forwarding and no more running out of film, but she found all sorts of new problems.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2005, 11:41:07 AM »
Took it back and the nice lady at Sam's Club traded me for a new one.

Guess there is some good in the world.  Point is, she shouldn't have had to help me.  Sam's shouldn't have been put in the position of making it right.  I shouldn't have had to traipse all over to get a new one.

THE DANG THING SHOULDN'T HAVE BUSTED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2005, 11:44:40 AM »
There, there, Forty Fonzai, come over here, have a seat, and I'll get you something cool to drink then rub your feet.

Glad you got a replacement,

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2005, 07:26:37 PM »
Did you all know that Price Pfister is a Black and Decker company?

If I'd known that I'd have run a hose from the back yard through the kitchen window before I'd have bought the faucet in the first place.

I finally got them to send me a replacement for the sprayer.  Took five days from Mira Loma (17 miles), a good response time, but they sent the wrong part.

Charged me five dollars S&H for a part covered under warranty (and the hose, which I didn't need) that may cost three bucks retail.

Guess I'll drive over there next week and raise hell.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2005, 07:44:12 PM »
Forty...I don't know if your jinxd' but don't give me any tips at the Track ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2005, 11:55:10 PM »
I stopped buying lottery tickets ten years ago.

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2005, 06:35:22 AM »
I stopped buying lottery tickets ten years ago.

Why? Did one of them explode in your pants pocket?

:D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2005, 10:55:45 AM »
Never won more than $5.00 and that only about twice.

Got a real strong feeling the last time, almost like God was trying to send me a message.  Couldn't shake it, so I bought five tickets.

NOT ONE NUMBER MATCHED!!!

Figured out the message God was sending me: "Don't waste your money on lottery tickets, dumbass!"

I worked with a guy who won $4,000 one week.  Three weeks later he walked in with a big ol' grin and said he'd won again...
A three-way split and his share was $4.1 million.  He walked to his dest and took a half a dozen perrsonal items.  He walked out and nobody ever saw him again.  My sister-in-law dated him a couple of times before all this and decided there wasn't any future with the guy.

The mother of a co-worker came to visit from Montana and bought one lousy ticket.  Her take was over $5 million. 

My total take was about seven trips to Burger King, all by myself because nobody wants to eat with a LOSER!!!

My luck is consistant, though.  I don't get no respect.  Rodney Dangerfield died owing me money.

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2005, 11:12:49 AM »
Way back, long ago, my mom and dad would buy lottery tickets with the kids' birthdates for the numbers. Dad died and mom kept buying the tickets. Five years later she stopped buying the tickets and used the money to get Hummel figuriines. She now has a nice collection of the figurines, and their numbers have NEVER come up in the lottery.

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com