Author Topic: Am I jinxed?  (Read 87801 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Am I jinxed?
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2005, 12:35:22 AM »
Save them stones.  You can still make a wall out of them...maybe for your ant farm.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2005, 02:48:05 AM »

Thanks for your thoughts... kind or, uh, otherwise...  No castor oil needed!  ;D ;D

Well, I'm glad you're feeling better. And that you didn't need Del's medicine.  ;D

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2005, 10:50:12 AM »
THING'S GOIN' BOWLIN'!!!
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 10:40:05 AM »

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2005, 10:57:27 AM »
THING'S GOIN' BOWLIN'!!!

He's referring to Scattered Thumbs' current avatar.

:D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2005, 11:16:05 AM »
THING'S GOIN' BOWLIN'!!!

He's referring to Scattered Thumbs' current avatar.

AnnieLee

Good catch Annie!

Ifin' ya aren't fast, ol' Skatter Thumbs sees the plastic surgeon and knowbody recognizes him anymore!!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2005, 11:32:33 AM »
Prastic surgeon? I don't need no prastic surgeon.  ;D

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2005, 11:46:34 AM »
You don't need your prastic surgered?

Misinformation abounds.

There it goes, now: bound...bound...bound.  Looks like a danged rack jabbit.

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2005, 01:32:48 PM »
Dang it, my laptop won't let me save avatars!

Scattered Thumbs' current avatar is a black and white cartoon of Bugs Bunny dressed up like Groucho Marx, complete with the eyebrows, mustache, and cigar.

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2005, 02:42:01 PM »
My turn today. Went to the license bureau near me to renew Susie's car tag. While I was in there a lady backed into my truck, and you guessed it.......she drove off! ::) :o I saw her outside her vehicle, just getting back into it.
 When I came out, a gentleman came up to me and said she hit it. When I looked, sure enough, there was some scrapes or gouges in the pad dealie on top of the bumper, some residue from the reflective stuff on the inside of her taillight lense on it, a dark spot on the corner face of the bumper, and taillight pieces all over the ground.
 Guess they do build those Ford's tough, no real damage to my truck. The gentleman who saw her hit it DID get the license number though. So, when I got home I called the Sherriff's office, they came out two hours later to my home and took the report. It wasn't the damage, just the principal of her leaving without a note or anything.
 She was an older lady. I did get some satisfaction though, the guy that saw it, thought the car was a Buick. The quick glance I got when she left, I got the impression it was a Chrysler product. When the Deputy called with the rest of the lady's info, I asked the Deputy what kind of car it was, a Plymouth Acclaim! My motorhead years are long past, but I do pride myself on at least keeping the different types and models known! At least my quick glance with my crappy eyes was right................Buck 8) ::) :-\ ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2005, 11:23:08 PM »
Dang it, my laptop won't let me save avatars!

Scattered Thumbs' current avatar is a black and white cartoon of Bugs Bunny dressed up like Groucho Marx, complete with the eyebrows, mustache, and cigar.

AnnieLee
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2005, 11:27:02 PM »
My turn today. Went to the license bureau near me to renew Susie's car tag. While I was in there a lady backed into my truck, and you guessed it.......she drove off! ::) :o I saw her outside her vehicle, just getting back into it.
 When I came out, a gentleman came up to me and said she hit it. When I looked, sure enough, there was some scrapes or gouges in the pad dealie on top of the bumper, some residue from the reflective stuff on the inside of her taillight lense on it, a dark spot on the corner face of the bumper, and taillight pieces all over the ground.
 Guess they do build those Ford's tough, no real damage to my truck. The gentleman who saw her hit it DID get the license number though. So, when I got home I called the Sherriff's office, they came out two hours later to my home and took the report. It wasn't the damage, just the principal of her leaving without a note or anything.
 She was an older lady. I did get some satisfaction though, the guy that saw it, thought the car was a Buick. The quick glance I got when she left, I got the impression it was a Chrysler product. When the Deputy called with the rest of the lady's info, I asked the Deputy what kind of car it was, a Plymouth Acclaim! My motorhead years are long past, but I do pride myself on at least keeping the different types and models known! At least my quick glance with my crappy eyes was right................Buck 8) ::) :-\ ;)

If all you wanted was our sympathy you had to do just type the words "license bureau", but since you told us the whole story, you have even greater sympathy!

Glad to hear that there wasn't too much damage done and that you had a witness.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2005, 10:27:29 AM »

If all you wanted was our sympathy you had to do just type the words "license bureau", but since you told us the whole story, you have even greater sympathy!

Glad to hear that there wasn't too much damage done and that you had a witness.

Could be worse, she coul have left a note on your windshield reading:

The people that saw me back into your car are thinking I'm leaving a note with my name and adress...

THEY ARE WRONG.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2005, 06:08:14 PM »
ST, oooooo, you're evil!.......Buck 8) ::) :o ;)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2005, 07:42:30 PM »
Buck people do, do that
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2005, 01:36:23 PM »
An addition here. Same night, Friday. Went to take Susi'e car to check the tire pressures after sitting for a month before we got the sticker for her plates, I went to back it up and the right rear was froze! Tirs just skidded along the drive....@#$%^$##@!
 Looked for my jack, seems somebody borrowed it, didn't bring it back. Left me with two hand crank scissors, one wasn't worth the powder to blow it up, guess which one I grabbed first? Once I got the wheel up in the air, I had to find my four-way. Got the wheel off, went into the house to get my hammer. Sis-in-law thought I was gonna kill the car. Rapped on the drum face awhile, boy, the crap that came outta there!. Finally got it to start rotating, put the wheel back on, set it down, and got it to roll. Noisily, but it did roll. Guess the last time it was driven, it was put away wet and the semi-mets rusted to the drum friction face......@#$^%$##@......Buck 8) ::) :-\ :o

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2005, 04:57:59 PM »
Y'all ain't gonna believe this.

Home Depot sent me $10.00 for my inconvenience and dissatisfaction with the power washer I bought...after they gave me a 100% refund on that defective POS.

Guesss I'll give them another chance sometime.  I do need a new garden rake.  My old one is a garden bar.  All the teeth arre worn off.

Offline Capt. Hamp Cox

• Top Active Citizen
  • 1937 Ford & 1941 Hamp in 1947
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2005, 05:45:29 PM »
I'm sure you've all heard of a "one horse town".  We've got what has to be called a "one place where you can get a tire repaired" town.  About a week ago I took a trailer tire in to have a slow leak fixed - 'sposed to run at 90 psi, and kept bleeding down to 45-50 overnight.  Went in today and picked it up ($12.50), took it home, checked the pressure, 50 psi, so aired it up to 90 and let it sit for about four hours.  Checked it agian, 55 psi.  Since it was a fairly new tire and rim (less than 100 miles on it) I checked the rim edge for any indication that the tire had been removed, repaired, and replaced.  Not a nick or scratch in the paint on the edge of the rim.  Needless to say, I made another 10 mile round trip to the tire shop so they can do what they should have done a week ago.  One of my first jobs was working in a "filling station", washing cars and fixin' flats (breaking them down the old fashion way with a hammer and tire tool).  Don't recall ever having one returned that I said had repaired.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2005, 07:33:58 PM »
Capt., your dating yourself...."filling station".... glad there no youngster we have to explain that to. ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2005, 07:37:24 PM »
Rememberr when they were called "SERVICE" stations.

Now you get service like a bull services a cow.

Offline Capt. Hamp Cox

• Top Active Citizen
  • 1937 Ford & 1941 Hamp in 1947
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2005, 08:32:02 PM »
Rememberr when they were called "SERVICE" stations.

Now you get service like a bull services a cow.

Get this, Rod.  I worked in a Phillips 66 station, and they had what they called the "Mystery Motorist", who was anonymous, who would stop in at random "66" stations, posing as a customer buying gas.  If the attendant didn't do the complete courtesy bit (wipe the windshield, sweep out the floorboards, check tires, oil, water, battery, wiper blades, etc., ask if it wasn't time for a lube and oil change, and try to peddle whatever the current moneymaker was).  If the attendant did all that, the attendant got a smal monetary award, and the station got brownie points.  If not, it was a bad day at black rock.  Nowadays, I feel real lucky if they have paper towels out so I can clean my own windshield. ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com