Author Topic: BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS  (Read 1125474 times)

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS
« Reply #5180 on: July 16, 2012, 09:57:16 PM »
well she's comin along~~ :) everything is kind of temporary,the back of the band was something i was trying to make it look used  but i thin i went to far with it,has elk leather on the ends,i used a lighter to burn it,like maybe it got dropped in the fire,but,i don't know? A nice eagle feather on the side and horse hair from cones on the back.. Should finish it up

Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #5181 on: July 16, 2012, 11:47:05 PM »
Cool stuff in that case, KT. Thanks for the pics.

Rick, that hat came out good.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #5182 on: July 17, 2012, 12:07:06 AM »
Thanks Marsh,it will be better when i get it all tweaked out and ready to wear.Not bad for 9.00 :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Advertising

« Reply #5183 on: Today at 04:37:45 PM »

Offline Arizona Cattleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5183 on: July 20, 2012, 10:02:52 AM »
Anybody with access to ENCORE Western channel, if you see the movie Red Sundown, my father wrote the novel it was based on.  The movie came out in 1956.  You can catch the credits in the beginning of the movie instead of the end and see my name "Lewis B Patten" as I am named after him.  Also he wrote the book for "Death of a Gunfighter"  which is also showing this month. Thanks for listening to my ramblings.....

AC  ;D
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 102
« Reply #5184 on: July 20, 2012, 11:40:09 AM »
HEy AC.  Cool!  Will look for those!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #5185 on: July 20, 2012, 06:05:26 PM »
I was watching D o G the other day and noticed that name,ithought naw,but i almost wrote ya to see what it was.Death of a Gunfighter with Richard Widmark~You have copies of the books or the original writings A.C.? How about that i have a leather pouch for my flip video made by the son of a western movie writer...Now how many can say that?   :) ;D :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #5186 on: July 20, 2012, 06:08:23 PM »
Did he do one that Clark Gable played in called The Frontier or somethin like that? I'm just thinkin i seen that name before too
I always read the credits of old movies to see if any young stars names are in them,like the one your dad wrote has Micheal Landin too.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline KidTerico

• kidterico
  • Top Active Citizen
  • I,m to small to turn the other cheek.
  • Liked:
« Reply #5187 on: July 20, 2012, 06:53:44 PM »
AC thanks for the the info. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Offline Arizona Cattleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5188 on: July 21, 2012, 09:27:23 AM »
Here is a link to a You Tube Video of another movie "Too Good With A Gun" that Rick referred to above.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vFnoEKPiqM&feature=share

My father wrote this one also and it was shown on General Electric Theater with Ronald Reagan as your host of the show.  Note it has some recognizable actors that went on to become famous. 

AC  ;D
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #5189 on: July 22, 2012, 05:04:32 PM »
Bob Cummings as a gunhand just does not work ::) He was always on those game shows with Kitty Carlisle,my uncles last name was Carlisle,i used to watch those shows with my grandpa,boy you could win 50.00 if ya won :D Then Bob was always in some comedy and beach movie..Sure didn't take much to entertain us back then did it.Then some kid came along and shook everthang up~~~~~~~ ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Bonnie_blue1861

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5190 on: July 24, 2012, 05:19:30 PM »
That's a rambling to be proud of...I love, love, love the ENCORE western channel. As far as I am concerned, they could get rid of everything else and I'd be content 24/7. Once can never watch too much "Have Gun Will Travel" or be amazed by the brilliance of ol' Festus Hagen.
I'll have to watch the times for "Red Sundown". I seem to recall my father-in-law just talking about "Death of a Gunfighter" this past week....very neat indeed.

Anybody with access to ENCORE Western channel, if you see the movie Red Sundown, my father wrote the novel it was based on.  The movie came out in 1956.  You can catch the credits in the beginning of the movie instead of the end and see my name "Lewis B Patten" as I am named after him.  Also he wrote the book for "Death of a Gunfighter"  which is also showing this month. Thanks for listening to my ramblings.....

AC  ;D

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #5191 on: July 24, 2012, 05:44:45 PM »
That's a rambling to be proud of...I love, love, love the ENCORE western channel. As far as I am concerned, they could get rid of everything else and I'd be content 24/7. Once can never watch too much "Have Gun Will Travel" or be amazed by the brilliance of ol' Festus Hagen.
I'll have to watch the times for "Red Sundown". I seem to recall my father-in-law just talking about "Death of a Gunfighter" this past week....very neat indeed.

Bonnie Blue,

It seems like only 'The Death of a Gunfighter' and 'The Shootist' really dealt with the problem many must have faced .... the death of the Old West and the birth of the 'New West'. There must have been many people who grew hard and learned to 'fit in' ... only to see the West they knew and had learned to love become tamed ...  perhaps a sub-theme in 'Monty Walsh' too ... about men who have outlived the time they were born for....

Anyone else want to throw their $0.02 in?
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #5192 on: July 24, 2012, 07:09:26 PM »
Good ole Festus~

Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #5193 on: July 28, 2012, 02:50:52 PM »
Howdy Pards

Well I made it to Oregon, and I'm making it my new home, it is just beautiful here, our place is in the moutains surrounded by tall trees rivers and a lake that is just a few minutes away, I'm still working on getting my desk top back up and running, and I'm using my girl friends for now, I just wanted to let you know I finally made it out here, and Gun Click Rick, I'm still watching everything you do pard, thanks for being a good little Indian  while I made this transition, KT will be proud of you.

tEN wOLVES ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #5194 on: July 28, 2012, 03:01:35 PM »
 ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #5195 on: July 29, 2012, 12:37:32 AM »
Congrats, TW. That's a beautiful valley. You'll enjoy it there. Be sure to swing by the Wild River Brewery in Grants Pass or Cave Junction for pizza. Thumbs up.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 275
« Reply #5196 on: July 29, 2012, 05:49:26 AM »
Howdy TW,

Renee and I wish you the very best in your new home. The country sounds beautiful. Someday you just might hear an old cowboy pulling up on a Harley.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #5197 on: July 29, 2012, 12:15:28 PM »
Atta boy Tenner,when ya get settled and such let us know how different it is,god knows i love Ca. and it's bueaties of all kinds,but it's not as golden as it once was..On the good side it has some of the best people you'll ever see,on the bad side it's got some of the worse,most of them in Sac with Wadd Watson!!  Baaa haa haa haa haa ha :D :D :D Don't forget to build a pig pen~~ ;D

OOOOHHHHHHHH~~~~

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wejj8G9ZoXY[/youtube]
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline KidTerico

• kidterico
  • Top Active Citizen
  • I,m to small to turn the other cheek.
  • Liked:
« Reply #5198 on: July 29, 2012, 01:25:23 PM »
TW   Pat and me cant wish you and yours enough happiness. Sorry I missed your call but will be in touch. Your friend Terry alias KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #5199 on: July 29, 2012, 10:20:58 PM »
Rick,

Then it isn't just me ??

I do love Sackatomatoes but I keep dreaming of moving on  .... New Zealand maybe?

TTFN,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com