Author Topic: BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS  (Read 1124758 times)

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS
« Reply #5200 on: July 30, 2012, 12:48:33 AM »
TW

DO NOT tell me you moved away before I got a chance to meet up with ya..

but that is a move I envy you for.

How near to Cave Junction are you? My youngest son lives there. (he and I just got back togeter after him not speaking to me for almost 25-30 years. I am glad we became family before it was too late, plus I got TWO mor grandkids outta the deal.)

anyways good luck and keep in touch...you still have my emule addy?

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Skeeter Lewis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #5201 on: July 30, 2012, 02:55:39 AM »
We'll keep an eye on Clicker for you, TW - and make sure that rascal behaves.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #5202 on: July 30, 2012, 08:16:47 AM »
TW

DO NOT tell me you moved away before I got a chance to meet up with ya..

but that is a move I envy you for.

How near to Cave Junction are you? My youngest son lives there. (he and I just got back togeter after him not speaking to me for almost 25-30 years. I am glad we became family before it was too late, plus I got TWO mor grandkids outta the deal.)

anyways good luck and keep in touch...you still have my emule addy?

curley

Curley,

I thik you many have sent this to the wrong person and will wonder why you don't get a reply from him ... the only reason for my post .... *S*

TTFN,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Advertising

« Reply #5203 on: Today at 12:01:31 PM »

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 274
« Reply #5203 on: August 21, 2012, 08:41:26 AM »
I want to share this with my Pard's on the Leather Shop....

I was recently involved in an auto accident right in front of my own home. A teenager blew a yield sign and hit me rather hard. I was not hurt physically. I did however begin to have serious second thoughts about continuing to ride my Harley. Due to this incident and other close calls through the years I decided to sell my Harley. Last Wednesday I dove my bike to our local Harley dealer to have them sell it for me. My wife followed me in the car. When we got to the dealer, I was just about in tears. I told my wife that I could not sell it and drove it home.

I started riding in 1957 and I'm happy my riding career did not end like this. I have lots of good memories and hope to make a few more before I take up the rocking chair.This episode has, however, made me become more careful and cautious on both the motorcycle and in the auto.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #5204 on: August 21, 2012, 11:17:55 AM »
I hear ya, Johnny. I sold mine a couple years ago and it wasn't easy. Now I'm looking at what I want for the next one. Sheesh, there's no escaping it. Glad to hear you're fine after getting smacked. I've been off every side/end at some time or another. It's not the best thing to do.

If you want to be more visible, put a sidecar on it. People not only notice you, they stare. It's the best way to be noticed. Not only that, but it's a whole lot of fun. Different than 2 wheels, but just as much. Provided it's rigged properly. I rode one that was out of alignment and it was squirrely.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Johnny McCrae

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
« Reply #5205 on: August 21, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
Howdy Marshall,

Many thanks for the kind words. I never thought about a side car. That's an interesting idea and I'll have to give it some serious thought. I've driven a few side car rigs through the years and you are 100% correct. If they are not set up properly, they are not fun to drive.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5206 on: August 21, 2012, 12:09:20 PM »
Hi Guys,

I had a '72 K2 750 Honda that I slowed down to 95 before I hit the curb ... didn't even get scratched ... I figured that was The Big Guy's way of saying, 'Son, you're just too dumb to ride these things ... I'll let you go this time, but next time it is really gonna hurt ..'

TTFN,

And speaklin' of the Big Guy,

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5207 on: August 22, 2012, 01:17:44 AM »
Johnny
I hhear ya...I rode since I was 15. Started on a 50cc Suzuki, had everything (including 2 Harleys) except a Triumph Bonnivlle. Only bike I wish I had had......but quit riding about 1984. Only had 3 minor scrapes in all them years, but figgered It was time to play it safe, and besides my new lady (of 25 years would divorce me if I got another..)

be safe.//

WW

Didn't TW say HE moved to Oregon? If not I must have been mistaken, once again hehehe

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5208 on: August 22, 2012, 07:30:00 AM »
Curley,

Yes, I believe TW has moved to Oregon ... it seemed like he tried it out while he was convalescing, liked it and made it permanent ...

But that is my memory talking, and I no longer trust it implicitly ....

TTFN,

NCOWS #3403

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5209 on: August 22, 2012, 01:06:46 PM »
Howdy all

Johnny, I glad you came through that accident ok, it can really makes us think about things for sure, and as for you still ridding, you'll know when it's time to give it up.

Curly and pards, I am now living in Selma Oregon, it's in the Southern part of Oregon, and just a beautiful place to be, Culy I'm eleven miles from Cave Junction , happy to hear your boy and you are speaking again, life is too short not too,I still have a lot to do to get my new shop in order so I can get back to my leather work/joy and I'm really looking forward to that day, we have wild Turkeys on our property as well as Bear Raccoon's Black tail deer, Mountain Lion, and just a little north of us Elk, not to mention fishing just about every where, we're twenty miles from a bigger city like Grants Pass, which has a population of 34,000, they have no idea what traffic is up here, sorry we didn't get to meet in person to Curly, but who knows maybe some day we will as well as all my other pards.
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #5210 on: August 22, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »
we have wild Turkeys on our property

KT got there ahead of ya huh~
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #5211 on: September 18, 2012, 05:23:52 PM »
HOWDY ALL

I just wanted to let you know that Marshal Will will be your moderator for a while, my Mother passed away in her sleep this morning, one more week she would have made it to 92, she had a great life and a happy life, and now she'll be with my Dad, so we'll be back in California by tomorrow to make the arrangements and take care of her business, see you when I get back.

tEN wOLVES
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5212 on: September 18, 2012, 08:24:19 PM »
My condolences and prayers, TW.  Lost my dad in '89 and Mom just three years ago to Alzheimer's.  She was 93 and some.

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #5213 on: September 18, 2012, 09:24:12 PM »
Sorry to hear that,my condolences also~

Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #5214 on: September 18, 2012, 11:14:56 PM »
My thoughts are with you, TW. Take care of things as you need. See you when it's all behind you.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Johnny McCrae

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
« Reply #5215 on: September 20, 2012, 06:26:27 AM »
Howdy TW,

Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

John & Renee

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #5216 on: September 20, 2012, 08:58:30 PM »
Just a quick video of Norm Hamlet talking to his fans,he was born and raised in Farmerville ,Ca. about 7 miles east of here.Steel guitar player for Merle haggard forever,they played here in Visalia last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jmJ3YLTVvQ&feature=g-upl
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #5217 on: September 20, 2012, 08:59:47 PM »
And NOW! :)Merles duagter on the left,his wife on the right,yougest son Ben playing lead,his other son Noel played just before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gAOh0LOXf8&feature=g-upl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4h_dcSv2FY&feature=g-upl

Noel Haggard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvzqu50zDWc&feature=context-gau
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Mogorilla