Author Topic: Evil Roy Got It Wrong!!  (Read 36203 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Evil Roy Got It Wrong!!
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2008, 06:29:19 PM »
Howdy, Would you leave me that hat of yours in your will? I've got a pair of red boots but no mustard colored HAT!  Forty Rod, I think that's a tow line.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2008, 06:29:50 PM »
Howdy, just what is that coiled up on the port side of your tank?  Looks like a tow line, jumper cables, or a siphon hose.  He'p me out here.   :-\

Looks like a catch rope to me, I hope his "horn" is on tight. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2008, 07:52:45 PM »
Forty Rod, you probably noticed that you had used a lot of gas last week. While you were busy eatin' yer lunch, so I wouldn't get it, I snuck out to the parkin' lot and with my siphon tube, I got me about half a tank. Thanks by the way.  ;D

Del, I sent ya a PM back.

Texas Lawdog, that hat started out bright yellow. I brush it regularly, but the BP is making it sort of a mustard color. I had the hat made by Jaxonbilt Hats. They advertise in the Chronicle. You ought to see the lining.  :o
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 12:34:48 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2008, 07:57:48 PM »
Forty Rod, you probably noticed that you had used a lot of gas last week. While you were busy eatin' yer lunch, so I wouldn't get it, I snuck out to the parkin' lot and with my siphon tube, I got me about half a tank. Thanks by the way.  ;D

Del, I sent ya a PM back.

Texas Lawdog, that hat started out bright yellow. I brush it regularly, but the BP is making it sort of a mustard color. I had the hat made by Jaxonbilt Hats. They advertise in the Chronicle. You ought to see the lining.  :o

Bet it's a necked cowgirl, almost got one in my Rand. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2008, 08:23:47 PM »
Shucks, I've been found out!

I don't know why I carry that rope when chasin' strays, those Vance and Hines pipes seem to keep those doggies movin'

;D
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2008, 08:31:18 PM »
Shucks, I've been found out!

I don't know why I carry that rope when chasin' strays, those Vance and Hines pipes seem to keep those doggies movin'

;D

Pard I work on hats at work, I've seen a lot of them from custom makers. :)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2008, 09:04:10 PM »
Pard I work on hats at work, I've seen a lot of them from custom makers. :)

A few years ago I emailed or called everyone I ever saw advertised, and only Roy Jackson said he could do it, and that he already had a yellow blank in stock. I gave him the order. Good to his word, he said 90 days and I got it in 90 days. First though, he sent a contraption I had to put on my head and push the pins in for fit, then I sent it back. I am purt danged happy with the hat and if you will excuse the pun, it topped off my outfit.  :)
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Online Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 274
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2008, 10:34:10 PM »
In boot camp I had to do push-ups for calling my M-1 rifle a gun.

HD, I have ordered two hats from Roy Jackson and I remember the contraption you had to put on you head to get a good fit.
Roy does a very nice job.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2008, 05:00:34 PM »

A few years ago I emailed or called everyone I ever saw advertised, and only Roy Jackson said he could do it, and that he already had a yellow blank in stock. I gave him the order. Good to his word, he said 90 days and I got it in 90 days. First though, he sent a contraption I had to put on my head and push the pins in for fit, then I sent it back. I am purt danged happy with the hat and if you will excuse the pun, it topped off my outfit.  :)

Oh I meant the necked cow lady. ;D

Them is called a conformer, would never buy a custom hat from someone who didn't use one.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2008, 05:14:37 PM »
Howdy, Take care of that hat, it is definitely one of a kind.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2008, 09:25:19 PM »
Howdy, Take care of that hat, it is definitely one of a kind.

I like it when I go to a shoot and everyone is pointing and laughing and having a good ol' time. I guess it's the hat or maybe just me, brings out the laughter in a crowd.  ;D

but, when I bring out those six guns................... yeah, the laughter stops.

Then it starts up harder than ever. There is always a good time to be had when you posse with me pards.  ;D
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2008, 01:31:22 AM »
Local TV here runs some Commercials for Pressure Threated construction lumber... yellow in hue.
the dude is called "The Yella Fella " 
Dress all silver screen hero garb, all yellow including the 10 gallon hat  ;)

http://www.greatsouthernwood.com/
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2008, 02:59:17 AM »
Major, I'd have been a natural for those commercials. I am made of pressure treated knotty pine. They don't know how to cast the right yella fella at all  ;D
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Offline Fairshake

• Shooter of the HOLY BLACK
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2008, 06:30:40 AM »
Howdy, I wish we were in the same sagebrush and tumbleweed area. I would love to shoot on the same posse with you "PARD". It would be a day to remember!!
Deadwood Marshal  Border Vigilante SASS 81802                                                                         WARTHOG                                                                   NRA                                                                            BOLD So that His place shall never be with those cold and Timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2008, 06:53:21 PM »
Fairshake,
It isn't just me, it is the entire Dammitt Gang. We make a match a happening. Let's face it, if you can't get outdoors and shoot off cowboy guns and have a great time with fun people, then another activity would probably do. Like bowling, wait a minute, at the Gunfight Behind the Jersey Lilly, my home club, we have a side match of pumpkin bowling, so my example is kinda moot. You get my thought though.
Speaking of The Cowboys, yup two big annuals each year, GFBJL in the fall and Ambush at Mill Creek in the spring. How about 150+ show up for a monthly 8 stages? All kinds of programs for disabled and new shooters, it is no wonder it is the biggest club in SASS. This is a five year old club that formed up of the folks that were sort of left hanging when SASS moved to New Mexico. Membership is in the 1500 range and the club is now totally owned by the members.
But, we range out some too. Two weeks ago there was a bunch of us BP shooters that shot an all BP match out at the Double RR range and had a blast there too, literally.
I'd sure like to shoot with you too. It could happen in a year or so and I retire and I will then get the chance to shoot all over the place.
 :)

I'd also like to apologize for stomping all over your thread too pard. It got going in a funny direction and we all couldn't stop.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2008, 07:09:05 PM »

I'd also like to apologize for stomping all over your thread too pard. It got going in a funny direction and we all couldn't stop.

Delmonico pulls out a gun and says: "Take this thread to Cuba." :o
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2008, 07:49:58 PM »

Well with the yellow hat the Philippines are definitely out of the question.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2008, 08:50:15 PM »
Well with the yellow hat the Philippines are definitely out of the question.

The hat matches my teeth perfectly though.  ;D

Any hat that was made in P.I. has to be a knock off though. I saw replicas of everything for sale in the times I have been out the gate at Subic/Cubi Pt. The only one of a kinds I saw was the monkeys in the trees. Uh oh, the water there would match the hat too.  :P
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2008, 09:50:01 PM »
That's why we drank all that whiskey.

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2008, 09:54:24 AM »
That's why we drank all that whiskey.

Magoos. I drank Magoos. Mostly at the Missouri Bar in beautiful downtown Olongapo. I even brought my own coozie to keep my Magoo cool.  Magoos = San Miguels

Hey! how about those chunks of meat on the bamboo skewers? What was that they sold in the nice little bowls?

Nawww. I never ate on the economy there. That stuff was gross.  :P
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com