Author Topic: Appaloosa Review (Spoiler Alert)  (Read 15879 times)

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Appaloosa Review (Spoiler Alert)
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 11:49:22 AM »
I agree,I liked the movie and the death scenes were just fine
 Death happens all kinda ways  and it can happen just like that and just that quick.

Yup, just like flipping a switch.

Offline Mulee Pete

• MuleePete,phd
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 01:43:20 PM »
Up before sunrise.  To bed at sundown, unless you draw nighthawk.  Either dirty, dry and hot..........or muddy, drenched and bone chilled.  Hard ground to sleep on.  No pillow except for your saddle.  No blanket larger than your saddle blanket.  Hours, days, months on the trail.  Find, tie, brand, doctor one of the stupiedest creatures on earth, just to move them hundreds of miles to help relieve the hunger of others.  Pull into town.  Either mill them to keep them together, or run them in the stock yard until shipment.  Draw your pay.  Get cleaned up, buy new duds for photograph.  Gorge on oysters, eggs, fruit....anything but beef and beans.  Dance a jig with a pretty gal.  Sip a cool beer, or shot of whisky.  Try your hand ad a game of chance.  Howl at the moon.

When you're broke, sign up to do it all over again.

Years later, Real life is transformed to Reel life for folks who idolize how they think you lived.  I am gratful to the punchers, wranglers, hearders, and sodbusters who lived it, and inspired others to writh the fantasies I enjoy on the silve screen. 

Good or bad, thanks fer the memories Pards. ;)
Saddler Sargeant GAF Department of the Platte, #521
SCORRS
CBQD #1
SASS Life #34368
USN Life (Ret.)

Keep track of your lustrums!

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 08:48:22 PM »
I really lliked the movie, one point that I noticed as interesting was, of all things, Viggo's haircut and the interesting sunburn line on his face. True, for liberals, they did a good job. Of course, when you preach against something then make a bunch of money portraying it...
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 08:17:11 AM »

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 12:16:14 AM »
I really lliked the movie, one point that I noticed as interesting was, of all things, Viggo's haircut and the interesting sunburn line on his face. True, for liberals, they did a good job. Of course, when you preach against something then make a bunch of money portraying it...

I know what you mean, and I agree.
A work in progress.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com