8 (6.4%)
Family Member
11 (8.8%)
Fictional
42 (33.6%)
Other
46 (36.8%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Author Topic: Alias Origin  (Read 21844 times)

Offline SingleAction

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Alias Origin
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2005, 05:56:43 PM »
Howdy all! I'm new here, and I wasn't sure if you were referring to my user name here, or my SASS alias? If it is my user name here, well I just think it's self explanatory. If it's my SASS alias, "Charlie Starrett", he was a cowboy actor known as the" Durango Kid". How I came up with that alias, is my wife was born in the same town( Athol, Ma), as he was. It turns out that his family owned Starrett Tool Co, and in his later years, was the CEO, until he passed away.

Offline Capt. Hamp Cox

• Top Active Citizen
  • 1937 Ford & 1941 Hamp in 1947
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2005, 08:42:41 PM »
Captain A.H. (Hamp) Cox commanded Company "B" of the Frontier Forces, (the immediate predecessor of the Frontier Battalion of the Texas Rangers) in 1870-71.  My maternal great grandfather and great great grandfather were members of Company "B", the younger as a 17-year old private, and the elder as Medical Officer with the rank of Captain.  Would have selected one of my kin for my persona, but one was too young, and I didn't especailly want to be a medico, so selected their commander's name for my alias.

Offline Bountyhunter

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2005, 09:45:23 PM »
Well, there was a song on an album that I just love to listen to. Title was Bountyhunter by a southern rock band called Molly Hachet.
  And always been a big fan of the real Tom Horn who at times was a man hunter. Since I've always been on the right side of the law [ just barely ]  A bountyhunter seamed right. So Missouri Bountyhunter was born.
M.B.
Missouri Bountyhunter SASS#55327 PWDFR#13 RATS# 191  Dead Or Alive Your Going Back.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 03:35:42 PM »

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2005, 12:29:07 AM »
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Wes Virginian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 04:55:31 PM »
Well, I'm a native West Virginian, one of my gg grandpappy's spent 3 years in the 1st West Virginia Light Art., another was a Yankee Scout for the duration of the War of Northern Aggression. I started out with Shawnee Dave, as one of my ggg grandmothers was a Shawnee woman. But I was more West Virginian than Shawnee, so I changed to Wes Virginian. Lived in Kentucky most of my life, but that wasn't my choosin'.

Wes Virginian
Texican Rangers, Co. A, Kanawha Valley Regulators, NRA Life-Endowment, SASS Life 40471, NCOWS 2037, GAF, USN '60/'63.

Offline Marshal Halloway

• Editor & Webmaster of Cas City.
  • City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Don't squat with your spurs on. Have fun shootin'.
    • Cas City
  • SASS #: R3411
  • NCOWS #: HL-179
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2005, 05:41:25 PM »

My character is a product of my own fantasy, but it is also inspired from different true characters from the Old West.

My alias profile can be found at
http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/halloway/

Feel free to add your own alias profile in this section and let me know if you need a hand with pictures etc.
Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

Offline One Horse

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Citizen
  • Yes, it's a Smif!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2005, 06:11:24 PM »
Not my physical size dammit! ??? My hat is a Charlie One Horse and my given name is Charles. Charlie One Horse was bought by Stetson. Mine is before that.
One Horse
WASA 26, SASS 2521, NCOWS 495, NRA 764682, NMLRA 1578 [yes that long ago!]

Offline Cherokee Charlie

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2005, 06:39:43 PM »
As a real redneck would say,"you ain't gonna believe this_____!
My alias was chosen when the Cherokee Cowboys were being formed.  Cherokee Gun Club is the host club and my name is Charlie.  Now, I have a saying that "Cherokee Charlie is not who I really am but who I should have been.  My Mother was 1/25 Cherokee and my Greatgrand Daddy was a German immigrant.  Can someone tell me what that makes me?  Be nice.
Cherokee Charlie 
Cherokee Charlie is not who I really am but who I should have been.
Regulator #4967
Cherokee Cowboys #1

Offline Dusty Chaps

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2005, 08:49:48 PM »
I was originally Dudley Champion, the brother of Nate Champion.  I later changed it officially to Dusty Chaps cuz I kept falling off my horse (and still do).
Dusty Chaps, SASS-Lifer. CMSA Rider. Duelist.

Offline SmokeyJimWall

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2005, 12:12:06 AM »
I took mine from the combination of two characters in the Zane Grey western, "Robbers Roost".

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2005, 12:59:12 AM »
Ummmmm. I marked movie character, but it is TV  where I got my start. :)

I am open to a movie deal though. Just contact my agent Papa Bear.  ;D
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2005, 01:58:09 AM »
Had to mark "other"!

My alias was "gifted" to me by fellow Law Dawgs who were also Buckskinners The reasons for it are twofold, one being my incredable skills (or lack thereof) with power tools, the other having to do with something a doctor said in the ER after I was involved in an altercation with a knife wielding perp who was, shall we say, somewhat difficult to repair! By happenstance the same pards were present when the Doc made the comment who had been helping me do some home repairs, and had seen my power saw skills. The Doc used the same words about what happened to the perp that one of them had used the previous day about my power saw work! :D Everyone broke out laughing, except the perp & the puzzled Sawbones, and the name has stuck with me for over twenty years. ;)
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Offline TexasBud

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2005, 06:02:14 AM »
Texas Bud Snell was a part of the Buffalo Bill's Wild West show.  Later in life
he had his own Wild West Show and Circus.  The picture was taken in Waco
Texas when he was with Buffalo Bill.
TBS

Offline Matthew Duncan

• Cutter’s Raiders# 13
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 23189
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2005, 07:20:58 AM »
Wanted James Duncan from one of Clint's movies but SASS said no.  Remember the town that got painted red? So I made up a twin brother Matthew Duncan. 
Major General J.E.B. Stuart's Division
Captain 1st Maryland Artillery, C.S.A.
SASS# 23189

Disclaimer:  I have not slept in any hotel recently, not a certified CAS rule web lawyer.  Have not attended any RO III or RO VI classes.  Opinions expressed are by a cowpoke who believes the year is 1868.

Offline Hillsboro Kid

• SASS#52797
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2005, 09:51:56 PM »
Mine is similar to yours. I was born in Hillsboro, TX, raised there until I left for college. Hence, the Hillsboro  Kid......
"Hanging is my favorite way of dyin'"

Bill Longley

Offline Wylie Harp

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2005, 07:56:50 AM »
Since Wyatt Earp was taken long ago, I thought that Wylie Harp sounded close enough.  B-T-W, My second choice was Ronnie Jingo.

~:Wylie:~

Offline Ozark Iron John

• We're Ridin-n-Shootin Boyz! Blam! Blam! Blam!
  • Top Active Citizen
  • You're not under Arrest. We're here to Hang ya!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2005, 09:13:11 PM »
My GrGrGrandPappy carried a shotgun and a badge.  He worked as a Special Agent in the Messenger Service on for the Missouri Pacific Railway.  He earned his knickname on the Iron Mountain Express.  He prevented a hold up and put an end the career of more'n a few train robbers.

"Wrap my Body in a Bonnie Blue Flag and bury me with my Feet in the South!"
>:(    - Ozark Iron John cir. 1876

SASS #60933, CMSA #4406, Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Offline c.o.jones

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
FIRST I PICKED A WORD............cojones.........THEN ADDED TWO PERIODS.......C.O. JONES.......AND SINCE I WAS IN THE MARINES FOR YEARS ADDED THE MILITARY RANK OF MAJOR........THUS I BECAME MAJOR C.O. JONES, THE OWNER OF THE FINEST BORDELLO IN KANSAS.
NCOWS 1097
Kansas Vigilance Committee
SASS 5610 Life
NRA Life
VFW Life
USMC Forever

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 02:28:28 PM »
Picked mine, One Eye Joe do to the fact I don't have a left eye and wear a patch. Dead Eye Joe was taken in both SASS and NCOWS buy One Eye wasn't.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Offline Durango Flinthart

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Forty miles a day on beans and hay...
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2011, 03:57:33 PM »
Being born in the mid '50s I grew up watching westerns, my favorite thing to play was "cowboy" wearing  boots, hat and cap gun or "horse soldier" turning my cub scout uniform into a "yankee blue suit", my father took to calling me "The Durango Kid".
When I started taking part in Cowboy Action Shooting in the 1980s and I needed an alias I thought of the childhood moniker my father had given me. Thinking that there would be many who might use "The Durango Kid" I shortened it and added the the last name Flinthart.
When the cambrian measures were forming they promised purpetual peace. They swore if we gave up our weapons the wars of the tribes, they would cease, but when we disarmed they enslaved us and delivered us bound to our foe and the Gods of the copybook headings said, "Stick to the devil you know." Kipling

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com