Author Topic: "Gamer Load" w/Triple 7 in 38 sp.  (Read 15941 times)

Offline Paladin UK

• UK`s 1st Warthog
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Have Gun.. "Might Travel"
    • White Knight Ranch... Homestead of Paladin UK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "Gamer Load" w/Triple 7 in 38 sp.
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 01:57:46 PM »
Quote from: LoneRider on Today at 03:03:52
Never mind....no one can give a simple answer to a simple question

From Pettifogger..
Since you seem to be an expert on light loaded smokeless rounds, let me ask you a "simple" question.  What is the absolute minimum load I can shoot in a .38 Special that will meet the SASS minimum power factor of 60?  That's it, that's all the information you get.  Give me some recipes for an absolute minimum load that will make a 60 power factor at my next match.

Paladin ( Reaches up, pulls his hat down over his eyes a shade `n` steps back inta the shadows.... :o) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
 MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 407
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 03:26:39 PM »
Me too;  I typed a response, but tactfully deleted it!
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 05:20:36 PM »
Me too;  I typed a response, but tactfully deleted it!

Heh, heh, heh…….

On this forum? I wasn’t about to tell ‘im of the dreaded Heap Bad Medicines.  Someone’s toes may have curled – again.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:20:20 AM »

Offline Tricky Trina

• Top Active Citizen
  • First Lady of the Fire and Brimstone Posse
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 05:49:59 PM »
Ya havta be reeeeeeal careful when Arcey starts with "Heh, heh, heh".............  :o
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 06:32:08 PM »
The deputy walks into the bar and looks over the situation...."all right boys, 's time to ease up a might! Go back to yer spot at the bar 'n tend ta yer beers fer awhile"
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »
I wasn't gonna say a word, sounds like the folks here gave some very good suggestions and advice of where to start. I just couldn't say gamer and darkside at the same time.

Jefro,   Relax-Enjoy

sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2008, 06:35:39 PM »
The question wasn't intended to be pejorative or finger pointing, it was just a calm, clear, question intended to point out a few problems with LR's question.  No one can determine a minimum load of anything because there are so many variables.  For black powder or the subs barrel length, cylinder gap, throat dimensions, internal barrel dimensions, primer type, bullet type, bullet weight, bullet lube or lack thereof, the type and amount of crimp, powder compression, and a host of other factors affect the quantify of smoke produced.  Heck, I've got pictures where a shooter was photographed from one side and you couldn't see him for the smoke.  Then a photo was taken from the other side and there was almost no visible smoke.  Why, because of the angle of the sun.  NO ONE can print a bare minimum load for the BP smoke standard or for the smokeless powder power factor standard because of these variables.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2008, 09:01:03 AM »
The question wasn't intended to be pejorative or finger pointing, it was just a calm, clear, question intended to point out a few problems with LR's question.  No one can determine a minimum load of anything because there are so many variables.  For black powder or the subs barrel length, cylinder gap, throat dimensions, internal barrel dimensions, primer type, bullet type, bullet weight, bullet lube or lack thereof, the type and amount of crimp, powder compression, and a host of other factors affect the quantify of smoke produced.  Heck, I've got pictures where a shooter was photographed from one side and you couldn't see him for the smoke.  Then a photo was taken from the other side and there was almost no visible smoke.  Why, because of the angle of the sun.  NO ONE can print a bare minimum load for the BP smoke standard or for the smokeless powder power factor standard because of these variables.

Well said my friend!
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com