Author Topic: Words we used to use  (Read 75193 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Words we used to use
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2008, 07:38:28 AM »
Sho ‘nuff is, Steel Hoss. Ain’t heated though. Truck lives in the house right next to the furnace.

Like my doors locked. L’il bit better for crash safety. Gives me ‘nother fistful of seconds ta say, ‘Howdy, Mr. Car-Jacker. Lemme show ya my Glock.’
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2008, 07:43:18 AM »
Is that when you open the door and go, "Say hello to my little friend!"
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2008, 08:03:48 AM »
Yep! ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 08:46:40 AM »

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2008, 08:09:29 AM »
Son in laws mother got hi jacked at a gas station in Little Rock last fall,  she's got a little Smith with the bobbed off hammer she carries all the time now. guy just came up behind her after she had pumped her gas and cracked her on the head and took her car. 
they caught him about 20 minutes later, just cruising around.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2008, 08:15:03 AM »
It is not safe for a lady to be out by herself these days, whether it's daytime or night. I would go out at night to get groceries at all hours and not think about carrying.  Nowdays I don't even bo in my backyard with a "little friend".
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2008, 08:22:00 AM »
J D's  mother had polio as a child and has problems getting around, so you know who they gonna pick on.  I told her ya got to be aware of everythng around ya, not just the close stuff.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2008, 08:29:29 AM »
OT, most folks walk around in condition white, They don't have a clue about what is going on around them. Then when something happens to them they just don't understand how... ::)
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2008, 08:35:31 AM »
your right about that,  that's what I tried to tell her,  just keep alert for what's around you and what could be a threat,  she had seen this guy standing over by the front of the store but started pumping gas and forgot everthing but the gas.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2008, 09:06:54 AM »
Had ta cancel ours for this month, Slim. Happens,

We’re gettin’ more ‘n more beggars over this way. Like the one askin’ me if I had ‘extra’ money. Had a ‘Hey, Buddy. Will ya help me get a meal?’ t’other day. The PoS was filthy ‘n ridin’ a clean, expensive mountain bike. The badge left in me wanted to grab the handle bar ‘n ask where he stole it.

Don’t trust ‘em not ta have a knife.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2008, 09:10:55 AM »
OT, most folks walk around in condition white, They don't have a clue about what is going on around them. Then when something happens to them they just don't understand how... ::)

Ya ain't just a whistling "Dixie"......ATM's are the worst places for saftey.   How many of you remember the first one's of those you seen?

Arcey, what they are teaching us is most of them homeless types do carry stickers
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2008, 09:35:57 AM »
Yup. Bet I’ve thrown a hunnert blades down storm drains. Wasn’t exactly legal but it kept some folks from gettin’ cut.

‘Whatcha doin’ with this?’

‘I ahhhh.’

‘You know this is a concealed weapon?’

‘Well it………’

‘Yeah, ya use it in yer werk. Who do ya werk for?’

‘I ain’t got…….’

‘Didn’t think so. Let’s just dispose of this thing ya didn’t mean ta have. Then you find somewhere to go where I don’t have to look atcha. I suggest Portsmouth. 

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2008, 09:40:31 AM »
good cop free donut.....

which reminds me what happened to the neighboorhood bakery's fresh breads- fresh donuts in the mornings- pies and cakes of all types? The stuff at the stores is made in a factory and shipped frozen
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2008, 11:23:17 AM »
So much for Fresh Homemade items.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2008, 01:28:53 PM »
When I was very young the Foremost truck still delivered our milk and cheese.  I don know if it was neccessary at the time but my mom always shook the carton before pouring it in case the cream had separated.  Old habbits I guess, but I catch maself doing it every now and then.  She would also stir the peanut butter everytime she opened the jar to mix the oil in.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Handsome Dave

• Law Dawg #919
  • Active citizen
  • Maj. General Bryan Grimes, CSA
    • Posse profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2008, 02:40:09 PM »
I do the same thing with the milk and the peanut butter!

I was raised on a farm, old habits are hard to break.
Cpt. David A.(Handsome Dave) Grimes - BOLD #919
Warrenton, Missouri
Missouri Territorial Rangers
Great Great Nephew of Maj. Gen. Bryan Grimes, CSA

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2008, 03:26:49 PM »
I guess they are.
     Ever find yerself turnin the TV on 10 minutes before yer show starts to give it a chance ta warm up?  My folks never replaced anything that still worked or could be repaired.  The things on hand in our home in the 70's--heck it might as well have been the  50's.  I remember watchin dad carve the holiday bird with an electric knife.  Them things is long gone.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2008, 03:43:15 PM »
I remember watchin dad carve the holiday bird with an electric knife.  Them things is long gone.

Ain’t gone yet.

I use mine several times a year whittlin’ birds ‘n unsliced ham.

Good ta have ‘n fairly cheap. oster.com

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2008, 03:53:08 PM »
if ya can't find them electric knifes at one place look another,  they are in almost sporting goods store and advertised for filleting fish.  my dad filleted a bunch of them crappie with one of the things. ;D

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2008, 04:18:22 PM »
Mine was a Christmas present from years ago. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen ‘em at Target.

Reckon they took pity on me. Had a roast chicken squirt off the platter ‘n land in the floor one evenin’ The dog (the stomach that walked) thought she’d died ‘n gone ta heaven. Picked the thing up but by then we were laffin’ so hard we’d all lost our appetites.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2008, 05:12:28 PM »
if ya can't find them electric knifes at one place look another,  they are in almost sporting goods store and advertised for filleting fish.  my dad filleted a bunch of them crappie with one of the things. ;D

great on catfish also
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com