Author Topic: Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee  (Read 448490 times)

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee
« Reply #180 on: November 05, 2007, 09:10:12 AM »
well the main work for the day is outa the way, birds moved by 8, start getting ready for tomorrow,  got  a skirt to nail up on one house. 

our TV gets turned on to the news first thing in the morning, aafter that it's either sci fi channel, hunting channel or history channel.  Jackie don't do any soaps or talk shows cept Rachael Ray when we're in the house,
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2007, 09:30:59 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Stoney.

Slim any wheres from warm to Hot
That's what I was afeared of.  ::) I don't like those Hot shoot.  :(

Howdy Ya'll, we're back from NC.  Arcey ya should have seen them fried bologna samiches one of the venders wuz sellin at the shoot.  The slab of meat was at least 1 1/4 inch thick and boy wuz they good.  So good that they wuz all out of bologna before noon on Saturday.  The NC State match wuz great.  Good stages, well run and lots of venders...too many venders....now I'm broke.  Guess I need ta sell a bunch more loadin blocks.  We did OK at the match.  Trina wuz 1st Ladies FC, she also won pocket pistol,derringer, long range single shot, Long range lever action Rifle Cal. and Pistol Cal..  I came in 3rd FCD, 116 overall.  Boy them fellers that beat me wuz GOOD.  They placed in the 60s overall.  I didn't see the 2nd place winner shoot but the feller that won FCD wuz Kid Thunder from up in NH I think.  Now that feller can shoot the smoke ....FAST!  He must have x-ray vision or sumptin.  I alos won the Long Range Lever Action Rifle Cal.  Best time I ever shot that in, 5 hits, 200yrds, 13.71 sec.  I even suprised myself ;D
Congrats ta both of ya.  ;D

Just called H. O. Wolding, interviewed with them on 10/19/2007, they had not decided who to hire yet. She said that she had some family issues that she had to deal with and she will be in contact with me.

'Tis 43 and overcast. High of 45. "Showers early changing to flurries by the afternoon. Windy. High around 45F. Winds WNW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 30%. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: November 05, 2007, 09:39:22 AM »
here's what new in the news down here in Arkansas,   Buck, it looks like the school bus drivers are losing it down here   ;D

From KATV:
School Bus Driver Faces Misdemeanor Charges
Posted: November 03, 2007 11:09 PM EST
URL: http://www.katv.com/news/stories//469544.html

Jonesboro (AP) - A Nettleton school district bus driver faces a misdemeanor charge after allegedly threatening to shoot several students with a machine gun.

The school district suspended 44-year-old Ervin Franklin Bowdon of Jonesboro, after police said he told students on the way to the Jonesboro Area Technical Center that he should be respected as a former Marine that could hurt them.

Students say Bowdon threatened to "shoot all of you in five seconds" with an AK-47. Officers did not find any weapons in a search of his home and school officials say no one was in danger.

The district says Bowdon has not had any crashes or other complaints filed against him in his 15 years as a bus driver there.

Police say the boys on the bus had "bullied" Bowdon in the past. Bowdon, set to appear in court Wednesday, has been ordered not to have contact with those on the bus.

Advertising

« Reply #183 on: Today at 10:59:47 PM »

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: November 05, 2007, 09:44:44 AM »
But then the lawyers around here can't be bragging   ;D   ;D

From KATV:
Mountain Home Lawyer Shoots 'Toy' Gun in Sheriff's Office
Posted: November 03, 2007 11:10 PM EST
URL: http://www.katv.com/news/stories//469556.html

Mountain Home (AP) - A Mountain Home lawyer quickly discovered that the small gun someone handed him Friday inside of the Baxter County Sheriff's Office was not a laser pointer.

A sheriff's office report shows lawyer Paul Bayless pulled the trigger of the .380 semiautomatic pistol, firing a round through a wall and into a computer monitor in the other room.

Kenton Treat, a volunteer with the department, handed Bayless the loaded gun a moment before at the lawyer's request.

No one was injured in the late morning shooting. The report shows Treat told Bayless the gun was loaded, but the lawyer pulled the trigger after mistaking its laser sight for a harmless toy.

Baxter County Sheriff John Montgomery says the incident stemmed from careless.

He says deputies had no plans to charge anyone in the shooting. Montgomery did not say why the volunteer had a loaded gun in the sheriff's office.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2007, 10:20:22 AM »
here's what new in the news down here in Arkansas,   Buck, it looks like the school bus drivers are losing it down here   ;D

From KATV:
School Bus Driver Faces Misdemeanor Charges
Posted: November 03, 2007 11:09 PM EST
URL: http://www.katv.com/news/stories//469544.html

Jonesboro (AP) - A Nettleton school district bus driver faces a misdemeanor charge after allegedly threatening to shoot several students with a machine gun.

The school district suspended 44-year-old Ervin Franklin Bowdon of Jonesboro, after police said he told students on the way to the Jonesboro Area Technical Center that he should be respected as a former Marine that could hurt them.

Students say Bowdon threatened to "shoot all of you in five seconds" with an AK-47. Officers did not find any weapons in a search of his home and school officials say no one was in danger.

The district says Bowdon has not had any crashes or other complaints filed against him in his 15 years as a bus driver there.

Police say the boys on the bus had "bullied" Bowdon in the past. Bowdon, set to appear in court Wednesday, has been ordered not to have contact with those on the bus.
I could be a substitute teacher in WI. You just need a Bachelor's degree. But, I would not consider it because of the lack of respect kids have for their elders. I am not condoning Mr. Bowdon's actions but it appears he was getting fed-up with the bullying he was receiving.

My cousin went to college in MN to become a school teacher. In his first teaching position, which was about 10 years ago, the kids were so disrespectful that he has not taught since. He is a car salesman now.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2007, 10:34:41 AM »
1/8" snowballs are dropping outta the sky.  :o

Slim

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2007, 10:56:18 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Stoney.
Just called H. O. Wolding,

Trucking?

SLim the news here is talking about a big Alberta Clipper coming thru you on over into New York,    Buck, you better get your snowshoes ready
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: November 05, 2007, 10:57:55 AM »
Headin out to do some yard work....... >:(
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2007, 11:17:48 AM »
Just WONDERFUL here.  Low sixties with a hint of a breeze.  Ran a couple errands.  Gottah load of stuff in the dryer.  Soons it beeps gonna fold them, start another then cast up some bullets ‘n balls.

Fer the sweet tooth folks, Walgreen’s here has all their left o’er Halloween candies 75% off.  Got great big ole suckers fer the grands fer a quarter each.  Didn’t have my Dots, Jujubes or Jujyfruits on sale though.  Did get a box of Mike ‘n Ike’s marked
‘Tangy Twisters’.  Ain’t tried them yet.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2007, 11:42:17 AM »
Trucking?
Yep. "H. O. Wolding, Inc. Service Area extends over the contiguous 48 United States, with an expanding fleet of over 350 tractors and 1,100 trailers." http://howolding.com/

SLim the news here is talking about a big Alberta Clipper coming thru you on over into New York,    Buck, you better get your snowshoes ready
Supposed ta be cooler tomorrow and better chance of snow.

Slim

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2007, 11:57:54 AM »
Still got my fingers crossed for ya Slim.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2007, 12:13:26 PM »
Thanks, pard.

Slim

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2007, 12:24:16 PM »
I found my warm coat this morning :o Currently 51 here, partly cloudy. high wind watch starting later in the day. Might be some lake effect tomorrow, but might not get to us.
 Arcey, check your PM's.....................Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2007, 12:37:01 PM »
Slim I thought I'd recognized the name....Good Luck with it Slim

Got out to start on leaves my Frikken rake broke.  So I started up the mower and mowed em up in a row.  Montana had a doctors appoinment and is going to stop and pick up another rake.  So I'm doing laundry, got one started several more sorted to go.

I do have a piece of Sirloin and some Catfish out thawing for the grill later.....  There is a up side to all this house keeping stuff ;D ;D ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2007, 02:28:35 PM »
There is a up side to all this house keeping stuff

Doan ya jist love it?  Done the dishes, two loads ah laundry – waitin’ fer the second ta finish dryin’, ran errands  too. Got two five pound bars melted ‘n converted ta .36 caliber balls.  Half of ‘em been rolled ‘round in a samitch baggy ‘n all coated in Lee liquid alox, open ta the air ta dry sos I kin size ‘em tomorrow.  Messy but werth it.

Susie scraped up a lot of leaves.  Said she wanted the exercize.  Told her ta go for it cuz I sher as hell doan wanna do it. Course she filled the second 90 gallon ‘n I ain’t got no place ta continue my throwin’ out.

‘Preciate the tip, Buck.  Prediction – he’ll plea ta keep from takin’ an eternal dirtnap at the point of a needle.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2007, 05:32:06 PM »
who we, I'm ready to sit myself down tonight,  got up at 5, moved birds,  put the wind skirt on one house, went and cut, hauled and stacked 2 ricks of wood,  (1 cord for Slim)  came home and set up another house to move the last house of birds tomorrow.

front came through here about 4 no rain but it's turning a little colder,  freeze warning for tomorrow night.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2007, 06:05:48 PM »
Evenin' folks!  Dark out...

That's what I was afeared of.  ::) I don't like those Hot shoot.  :(

And neither do I!

Just called H. O. Wolding, interviewed with them on 10/19/2007, they had not decided who to hire yet. She said that she had some family issues that she had to deal with and she will be in contact with me.

Fingers still crossed for you!

Sheesh.

But then the lawyers around here can't be bragging   ;D   ;D

Double Sheesh!  I'm beginning to wonder that all the stuff folks say about Arkansas ain't true. ;D

Just WONDERFUL here.  Low sixties with a hint of a breeze.  Ran a couple errands.  Gottah load of stuff in the dryer.  Soons it beeps gonna fold them, start another then cast up some bullets ‘n balls.

Fer the sweet tooth folks, Walgreen’s here has all their left o’er Halloween candies 75% off.  Got great big ole suckers fer the grands fer a quarter each.  Didn’t have my Dots, Jujubes or Jujyfruits on sale though.  Did get a box of Mike ‘n Ike’s marked
‘Tangy Twisters’.  Ain’t tried them yet.

Hey, check to see if they have any of those Russel Stover's chocolate covered marshmallow things.  I looooooooovvveeee those!!

Yep. "H. O. Wolding, Inc. Service Area extends over the contiguous 48 United States, with an expanding fleet of over 350 tractors and 1,100 trailers." http://howolding.com/

Oh. :(  I was thinkin' I was going to get to loan you my hat.

Supposed ta be cooler tomorrow and better chance of snow.

Slim

I know you aren't liking that prospect, but I sure would love to see some snow here this year.

who we, I'm ready to sit myself down tonight,  got up at 5, moved birds,  put the wind skirt on one house, went and cut, hauled and stacked 2 ricks of wood,  (1 cord for Slim)  came home and set up another house to move the last house of birds tomorrow.

front came through here about 4 no rain but it's turning a little colder,  freeze warning for tomorrow night.

Dang OT!  Stop telling us about all that... that... that WERK!  I sweat so much just reading it, I had to change my shirt. :o :o
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2007, 06:19:44 PM »
Got the leaves raked bagged and throwed out to the curb. Hacked an old ugly green bush thing growing in the back. Hauled it to the curb also.   

Grilled up some food was just finishing supper and the power went out.  We lit up a couple them "stinky" candles. Montana gets her cell calls Dominion, voice automated tells her it a large area tha's out.  ET 18 45 hrs. ...Machine voice ask if they should call her back when the power is back on.   Duh ::)  I guess we wouldn't notice clocks flashing the aquariam startin up and the lights coming back on.

Took the dog out and was out side and the lights come on....   Think I'll weed eat one more time tomorrow.
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2007, 06:20:34 PM »

Is that a full cord or a face cord?  ;)

I know you aren't liking that prospect, but I sure would love to see some snow here this year.
I don't mind snow. It's always nice to have some by the Saturday before Thanksgiving which is the first day of deer gun season.

Having Knackwurst fer supper. It was a good deal at the grocery so decided to try it.

Slim

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: November 05, 2007, 06:28:14 PM »
Is that a full cord or a face cord?  ;)
I don't mind snow. It's always nice to have some by the Saturday before Thanksgiving which is the first day of deer gun season.

Having Knackwurst fer supper. It was a good deal at the grocery so decided to try it.

Slim

just ask my back, it was a full cord  ;D

looks like our first day of gun season, this coming Saturday, is gonna be sunny and about 68 degrees  :o  it hasn't even froze here yet all the trees still have alll thier leaves,  ya climb up in the tree stand and all ya can see is leaves and that crazy family of squirrels that moved into that area after we set the stands up.   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com