Author Topic: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.  (Read 1187755 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.
« Reply #2780 on: July 06, 2009, 09:33:17 PM »
It's hard to beat the "Ol Duck Walker" when it comes to old tyme rock and roll.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2781 on: July 07, 2009, 01:17:24 AM »
It's hard to beat the "Ol Duck Walker" when it comes to old tyme rock and roll.

When that stuff was new, a lot of radio stations would not play his version and stuff by some of the other grats, cause, well there was that skin problem. ::)

At least when someone like Marty recorded and sold it, those guys got some extra money they would not have got.  Don't remember who it was, but saw one of the old black Rock and Rollers on TV one time a few years ago.  They got a live deal on a local station and the local bigots cut the guy wires for the radio tower while they were on the air. 

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2782 on: July 07, 2009, 09:00:36 AM »
It was the "Devil's Music"!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #2783 on: Today at 04:10:42 AM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2783 on: July 07, 2009, 09:11:53 AM »
Damn……….

Ringo is 69 years old taday. That’s old even ta me…
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2784 on: July 07, 2009, 09:43:02 AM »
Ah! The preservation powers of sex, drugs, and rock and roll!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2785 on: July 07, 2009, 11:28:10 AM »
They had Pat Boone record a few of Little Richards hits.  It's the most ridiculous sounding stuff ya ever heard.

Happy birthday ta Richard Starky.  Ya know it it don't come easy.

This will make yer ears bleed.  Open with care.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2786 on: July 07, 2009, 11:52:29 AM »

Hope sex, alcohol ‘n rock ‘n roll helps me a l’il. Sher have taken all I can get of each……
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2787 on: July 07, 2009, 12:07:45 PM »
Hope sex, alcohol ‘n rock ‘n roll helps me a l’il. Sher have taken all I can get of each……

We have found common ground ma friend.  Never did like no drugs.  The other two...well...<insert smiling crutch>

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2788 on: July 07, 2009, 12:17:50 PM »
A fun little story that ties all this tagether.  Ringo was the first Beatle ta ever smoke weed.  They went ta see Bob Dillion at his house an he offered up a joint ta John.  John was nervous an appointed Ringo his "royal taster".  Ringo called it good an they all went inta the bag after that.  You can tell listenin to their albums when things changed.  Rubber Soul sher is a lot differnt than everything else afore it.

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2789 on: July 07, 2009, 01:18:42 PM »
Way I saw it was Rubber Soul was the beginnin’ of the transition. Then there was Sgt. Pepper. No one had successfully run one song into ‘nother on the flip side until they did it.

The drug part tho, always keep in mind George Martin produced the thing. It was his idea ta cut up circus music tapes, throw ‘em in the air, pick ‘em up ‘n splice ‘em to create the background in ‘Bein’ for the Benefit of Mr. Kite’. Martin never claimed to do dope. No credible evidence there to suggest he did.

Think John Lennon let a lot of the Beatles marketin’ strategy slip when asked what the Paul is dead messages said. He replied ‘it sez buy more Beatles records’.

N’er did think they were as screwed up as they let on.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2790 on: July 07, 2009, 03:35:09 PM »
Thhey was just tryin' to find they selves!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2791 on: July 07, 2009, 04:13:47 PM »
George Martin was very creative but it was Lennon that came up with alot of new stuff.  The effect now called a flanger er phaser come from an ider he had.  He'd have the techs set up two reel ta reel players with the same recording perfectly synconized.  As they both played he would use his finger ta make one of the tapes drag.  Perty cool if ya ask me.

The stuff Phil Spector did fer em just pissed all of em off on Let it Be.  You can get a remaster of it now called Let it Be Naked without all the sloppy symphony garbage.  I think he was tryin ta do a George Martin thing with that but just failed.  When George introduced clasical instraments ta the band fer Elanor Rigby an others, it was perfect, the man did have talent.

Roland Deschain

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2792 on: July 08, 2009, 03:29:47 PM »
Every now an again this song comes ta mind.  The feller who wrote it lost his father in The Big One bafore he ever met him.  He grew up looking around at all the selfish idiots in the world that didn't acknowledge the sacrafices that had been made so that they could go on being idiots.  Once this and a few other songs got recorded and published he quit the band cause they were all idiots too.  It was written 30 years ago but applies to taday just the same even though it's about England.  We got the same thing going on over here.

http://www.actionext.com/names_p/pink_floyd_lyrics/the_post_war_dream.html

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2793 on: July 08, 2009, 06:11:18 PM »
AMC had war flicks on this morning for some reason.  They had "Tora  Tora   Tora" on,  The replica Japanese planes are what is called the "Tora Tora Tora Boys of the CAF"

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2794 on: July 08, 2009, 07:00:37 PM »
Well the story bahind the whole thing is weird.  Roger Waters wanted to pay a tribute to his father and make music that made people more aware of what all went on.  The band made a double album in 79 an he had written too many songs to fit so the band voted and booted all the stuff that was about his father. 
Album sold good so they made a movie and let him put one of the left out songs in it.  In 83 they made another album in which all the left out stuff was suposed ta be in.  Things changed an the band voted again an this song was left out.  It was the most important one fer him.  He walked away from Pink Floyd at the height of their career over it.  The Album was remastered in 2004 and the man's tribute to his father was finally available. 

His name was Eric Fletcher Waters and I applaude his son for going through so much to tell his story.

Roland Deschain

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2795 on: July 16, 2009, 07:05:01 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU-vnviI1ak&feature=related

Well just found out about this young lady. Kendel Carson. She works with Chip Taylor (Wild Thing and Angel in The Morning) picked up her cd and she is good. But if you want to see hot guitar see my post in the Longbrance about Ori

good shootin
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2796 on: July 16, 2009, 09:09:56 PM »
Thought Wild Thing was The Troggs.

Roland Deschain

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2797 on: July 16, 2009, 09:21:55 PM »

Leo
The Troggs sang Wild Thing, but Chip Taylor WROTE it...

curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2798 on: July 16, 2009, 09:52:50 PM »

Leo
The Troggs sang Wild Thing, but Chip Taylor WROTE it...

curley

Ahh, I see.  Ya ever hear Hendrix do it?  Used ta do a thing when I was in a band where I'd switch from the Troggs version ta his.  Then do the same thing with Eddie Cochran an the Who with Summertime Blues.  It was kinda gimmicky, but it was fun.

Roland Deschain

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2799 on: July 16, 2009, 11:57:47 PM »
For me Wild Thing had to be by the Troggs, and Hey Joe had to be by the Leaves...anyone else just didn''t to feel right to me.
But then again, I didn't like it when the Sufaris rerecorded Wipeout, the laff wasn't right and they tuned the guitar right...

I just am picky I guess..
curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com