Author Topic: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.  (Read 1182979 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.
« Reply #2760 on: June 26, 2009, 12:56:41 PM »
Hearin’ the remains of Michael Jackson will be neither buried ner cremated. No. He’s to be recycled into grocery bags.

In that form he may remain plastic, white ‘n a danger ta l’il children.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #2761 on: June 26, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »
That works for me!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2762 on: June 26, 2009, 09:44:49 PM »
Just saw another one:

When Farrah Fawcett arrived at heaven , God granted her one wish. She wished for all the children in the world to be safe. So God killed Micheal Jackson

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #2763 on: Today at 04:23:12 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2763 on: June 26, 2009, 09:57:51 PM »
Back in the early 70s when my Dad was going through chemo the first time, I got aquainted with one of Farrah's uncles, Garland Fawcett. Garland was a good friend of my wife's parents. He lived in Houston and he got to see Farrah when she came to Houston to see her parents. I never met her, but I did know her uncle.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2764 on: July 04, 2009, 05:45:13 PM »
I'm a happy guy.  Try an make a long story short.

My son, The Boy, by way a marryin Lil has always seemed ta get whatever he wants when the spirit moves him.  Well a few years ago I took him inta a music store an he really liked bein there.  He started spendin all his afternoons in there an the shop owner took a shine ta him.  The guy pulled out an old guitar, a pieced tagerher Les Paul with no markins er numbers on it.  Beautiful sunburst finish, just like the one Jimmy Page had.  Story is he an his father built it years ago.  Shop owner gives the thing ta The Boy who proceeded ta slap a bunch a stickers on it an throw it in a corner.  I would spit rocks everytime I saw it there collectin dust with all them stickers on it.
     Well, he gave it to me the other day.  Just handed it over fer no perticular reason.  Me an Lil got all them stickers off an the finish is as good as new cept fer some dings that are due ta fact that this one don't have no pick gauard.  I'm gonna get one, an some new volume an tone knobs (he glued bottle caps ta the original ones) an it needs a new rhythm/treble switch.  No biggy.
     I haven't played in awhile, but with this thing, I'm ready ta get back inta it.  I'll try ta get some pitchers when I call it done.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #2765 on: July 04, 2009, 06:15:08 PM »
as Del would say

Clyde played Electric Bass ;)
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2766 on: July 04, 2009, 06:47:10 PM »
Let's hear it for Clyde!  I always wanted to play Bass guitar. A guy I went to High School with in Dumas, played Bass for Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #2767 on: July 04, 2009, 08:27:25 PM »
My Sister used to share a house with a guy who toured with the Beach Boys as a replacement Bass player. He still keeps in touch with them and if they're in the area will stop by for a visit.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2768 on: July 04, 2009, 08:50:19 PM »
I think Tommy played with Johnny and Edgar Winter also.  I didn't know what had happened to Tommy after HS. I was wathcing Austin City Limits when Stevie Ray was playing and recognized Tommy.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2769 on: July 04, 2009, 09:50:02 PM »
Little Miss plays bass an I was thinkin we could get somethin goin now that I got this here guitar.  Give us somethin ta do tagether.  Get The Boy ta set his drum kit back up an we's could be the Partrige Fambly.  Without Rueben.  I hated that guy.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2770 on: July 05, 2009, 02:32:58 AM »
Hey Leo, What about the Cowsill's?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2771 on: July 05, 2009, 02:23:10 PM »
Hey Leo, What about the Cowsill's?

The Partrige Fambly was loosley based on the Cowsills.  Don't think they got any money outta it though.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2772 on: July 05, 2009, 02:28:19 PM »
They're appearing in Branson this month!

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #2773 on: July 05, 2009, 08:27:57 PM »
Fhat's cool Leo, n by the way Rueben is and should be a sammich not a band manager!  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2774 on: July 05, 2009, 08:42:26 PM »
Them Ruebens are good, especially with some cole slaw and hot German potato salad.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2775 on: July 05, 2009, 08:48:35 PM »
Them Ruebens are good, especially with some cole slaw and hot German potato salad.

That's right!  An anyone who says differnt can just go pout in a corner.

Roland Deschain

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2776 on: July 05, 2009, 10:32:52 PM »
Ain't gonna pout over old boiled taters with goop on them, make more sense to fry them. ;D

Mentioned this song in the coffee thread:

Kinda similar to this old song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LylB0VfQNY&feature=related

Some good learnin' in both.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2777 on: July 05, 2009, 10:44:08 PM »
Interesting from Marty, 1955.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2778 on: July 06, 2009, 01:43:40 AM »
I always enjoy a little Marty Robbins once in awhile, with a little Johnny Horton on the side.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2779 on: July 06, 2009, 07:49:15 PM »
All three of those were good though ya got wonder about Marty writin a song so close ta Osbourne's.  His Maybeline was good but that will always be a Chuck Berry tune.  Either way, ya gotta love the guy.

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com