Author Topic: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.  (Read 1188024 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.
« Reply #2540 on: May 08, 2009, 10:51:08 PM »
Tis said with the exception of Jesus himself, there are more songs that are about or at least mention Hank thr Father than anyone else, I tried counting one time and was at about 250 and there's been a lot more since then and I know I didn't come close to finding them all.

Still think this one is my favorite.  Despite DAC wearin' a Charlie One Horse hat. ::)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2541 on: May 09, 2009, 03:24:32 AM »
It looks like DAC is tryin' to dress like Hank Jr. They make them Charley One horse hats over in Garland, Texas on the east side of Dallas. The same outfit now owns Stetson too.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2542 on: May 09, 2009, 07:10:48 AM »
Havin’ coffee would be interestin’.

Gin ‘n vodka. The redhead it the doc’s office was tellin’ me how ta fast – clear liquids only. Told ‘er gin ‘n vodka were clear liquids. The girl ain’t gottah sense of humor.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #2543 on: Today at 05:23:19 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2543 on: May 09, 2009, 07:22:50 AM »
It looks like DAC is tryin' to dress like Hank Jr. They make them Charley One horse hats over in Garland, Texas on the east side of Dallas. The same outfit now owns Stetson too.

Tex, that was from the earky 80's, whole dange bunch a them dressed that way.  Hat Brands Inc is the name, Owns Stetson, Resitol, Dob and Charlie One Horse, the area rep don't care for me, was in last fall, got done with the buyer and wandered into OWS.  I was there, he asked questions, I told him the truth. ;D  Could tell he didn't like my answers. 

Arcey, them dang folks like that that work with the public like that need a sense of humor, I do my best that way with customers, even though I sometimes want to scrap them out for spare parts. ;D  And sorry, I'd been temped to tell the old biddy that was funny and lighten up, course I'd told my Dr. about her, but don't think he'd hire one like that anyway.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2544 on: May 09, 2009, 07:36:34 AM »
Del, That outfit is supposed to have a big outlet store over there. I never have been too excited to drive clear across Dallas just look at Hats. There's another hat outfit that has an outlet store near Stephenville, Texas. It's got an Italian name,
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2545 on: May 09, 2009, 07:47:19 AM »
Del, That outfit is supposed to have a big outlet store over there. I never have been too excited to drive clear across Dallas just look at Hats. There's another hat outfit that has an outlet store near Stephenville, Texas. It's got an Italian name,

Serimtelli (sp)  If you make a drive go their first, much more impressed with their product, although Hat Brands has gotten better in the last couple years.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2546 on: May 09, 2009, 08:31:38 AM »
I'd rather go to Stephenville than Garland anytime.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2547 on: May 10, 2009, 01:29:22 AM »
While you fellers are one yer road trip I just thought I'd put Mr. Cash's voice inta perspective.  In comparison ta this, he's an opera star...

Now if that gets stuck in anybody's head, accept ma advance appology. 
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2548 on: May 10, 2009, 09:10:54 AM »
The Trashmen, Leo. That tune could get in your head. I was about 15 or 16 when the song came out. All that surf music!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2549 on: May 15, 2009, 10:33:14 PM »
Leo, I drug this over here, don't 'member if we did this one yet, but it's worth lookin' at agai.  The kid is gonna be remembered like his buddy Little Jimmie Dickens for his novelty songs and thats fine, but this one is serious, good country:

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2550 on: May 15, 2009, 10:44:13 PM »
This one is funny as can be, but also a lot of truth in it: ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEPe4fZNf74&feature=channel
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2551 on: May 15, 2009, 10:48:42 PM »
Leo, I drug this over here, don't 'member if we did this one yet, but it's worth lookin' at agai.  The kid is gonna be remembered like his buddy Little Jimmie Dickens for his novelty songs and thats fine, but this one is serious, good country:

Just finished the first one, that was good.  Lil asked me from the other room what I was listnin to an I tolt she had ta watch it.  Will admit ta bein choked up a bit seein it fer the first time.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2552 on: May 15, 2009, 10:52:15 PM »
This one is a duet with him and Allison Krause, 'bout as hard core a old time country as you'll see this side of heaven:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_tyCXYibZE&feature=related
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2553 on: May 15, 2009, 10:54:33 PM »
Keepin up, I saw the second one an got a say I like his style.  He gets some great folks ta do his videos with him.

Roland Deschain

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2554 on: May 16, 2009, 01:26:28 AM »
I found it, ain't heard this one in 25 years, Alvin Crow:

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2555 on: May 16, 2009, 01:52:55 AM »
Another oldie worth a listen:

One by Ed Bruce:

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2556 on: May 16, 2009, 03:00:46 AM »
Brad was really excited about making the video with Andy. After making the video was over, Andy gave Brad his guitar and signed it. The guitar looked like the one he played on the TV show in the 60s.  That is a great song, a lot of guys can identify with that song.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2557 on: May 16, 2009, 08:03:32 AM »
Don't like everthing Brad does, but by durn he's helpin' bring real CM back and he seems to have a likin' to some of the older folks.  Not bad at all.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2558 on: May 16, 2009, 09:57:08 AM »
That place called "The Broken Spoke" in Austin is a good old-fashioned honky tonk, complete with a hardwood dancefloor.  They serve up purty fair CFS. It's on S. Congress in Austin, if my memory serves me correct. You picked some good songs off of Youtube, Del, especially Ian's.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2559 on: May 16, 2009, 10:06:53 AM »
That place called "The Broken Spoke" in Austin is a good old-fashioned honky tonk, complete with a hardwood dancefloor.  They serve up purty fair CFS. It's on S. Congress in Austin, if my memory serves me correct. You picked some good songs off of Youtube, Del, especially Ian's.

I have good taste based on my mis-spent youth. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com