Author Topic: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.  (Read 1191227 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.
« Reply #2640 on: June 06, 2009, 10:13:04 PM »
Before I rack out……

The NNW series ran in Nashville this evenin’. The Nashville winner receives a custom, Gibson, Les Paul model guitar.

Kyle Busch won – easily. Gets the guitar ‘n proceeds to play rock star in Victory Lane. Busted it all ta hell. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2641 on: June 07, 2009, 12:24:12 PM »
Before I rack out……

The NNW series ran in Nashville this evenin’. The Nashville winner receives a custom, Gibson, Les Paul model guitar.

Kyle Busch won – easily. Gets the guitar ‘n proceeds to play rock star in Victory Lane. Busted it all ta hell. 

What?  Why?  That don't make sense.

Townsend only broke Rickenbachers an that was just cause they had weak necks.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2642 on: June 07, 2009, 01:26:23 PM »
What I know from promotions, rumors ‘n a broadcast interview just now.

It’s the model I described with graphics by Sam Bass. A unique award along the lines of Martinsville’s Grand Father clocks ‘n the pair of ’73 clones TMS awards.

Busch told Bass what he was gonna do if he won. Bass thought it was fittin’ with rock ‘n gave his blessin’s. Busch said before the race he ‘n the crew were gonna have some guitar after the race. After he smashed it, he kept a hunk then tossed the remains to the crew. It goes to the band saw tomorrow. The hunks to the crew.

Busch intends to commission Bass to create two more. One for the trophy case ‘n one for his crew chief.

Gibson was pleased. The thing held up strong despite the abuse – on live, national TV. Neck didn’t break.

Seems the only folks unhappy with the stunt is the media ‘n the Junior Nation. He’s been bad mouthin’ Junior lately. The Nation doesn’t like the truth tolt on their boy. .

Last night could have been his 4th straight win in the series. After near domination of those races, he lost two to very late tire problems ‘n one to rain. Said ‘e was just showin’ a l’il excitement was all.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #2643 on: Today at 06:43:55 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #2643 on: June 07, 2009, 02:16:53 PM »
Mathew 5.9

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2644 on: June 07, 2009, 02:33:41 PM »
I aint a part of the Junior nation an I think that was perty lame.  Showboatin has never been ma thing.  Glad he won, but that looked like a pro wrestling stunt.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #2645 on: June 08, 2009, 08:29:46 AM »
Kyle feeds off the hatred the fans show toward him on or off the track. It was just another stunt to get the Jr fans and other fans that don't like him insenced. He feeds his ego off stuff like that.   
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2646 on: June 08, 2009, 12:01:36 PM »
By now both sides have made the point. The thief, Rick Hendrick, released Busch ‘n hired a tee shirt salesman to replace him. The thief is happy, he’s makin’ money on the deal.

Busch is happy, he’s winnin’ more races with Gibbs than he was with the thief. He’s takin’ l’il pot shots when he gets the chance.

Thought bustin’ the guitar was funny.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2647 on: June 08, 2009, 12:18:47 PM »
Well, when ya look at the politics of it all, I guess it were kinda funny.  Can't say I haven't pulled a few displays of defiance in my day.

I just woulda loved ta have that guitar.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2648 on: June 08, 2009, 06:14:53 PM »
Me too Leo, and I don't even play a guitar.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2649 on: June 11, 2009, 11:12:01 PM »
It's time for the big Tent revivals

Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2650 on: June 12, 2009, 12:08:23 AM »
OL Delbert is one of our old time rock and rollers from the Metroplex.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2651 on: June 12, 2009, 06:10:59 AM »
Got a bunch of Delbert's stuff around here and Elvin Bishop  Paul Thorn can put lyrics together can make enny one laugh
Mathew 5.9

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #2652 on: June 12, 2009, 08:59:29 AM »
If it's a revival you want Roo try this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEv0qWi_AeE&feature=related
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2653 on: June 12, 2009, 09:10:14 AM »
I'll save that one for Montana...........I hear he still can sell out shows

made me wanna send him some money.................................................................................yeah right
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2654 on: June 12, 2009, 09:34:45 AM »
Elvin Bishop sittin' on a bale of hay, He ain't good lookin', but he sure can play!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2655 on: June 12, 2009, 01:33:44 PM »
Ya can't have a tent show without this one.  Mebbe Montana will like it too.

The three back up gals definately look like theys in church.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2656 on: June 12, 2009, 03:05:41 PM »
Leo, That Video is older than you are!  I have a strong urge to put on something polyester!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2657 on: June 12, 2009, 04:18:42 PM »
Leo, That Video is older than you are!  I have a strong urge to put on something polyester!

Yeah, but I knew it.  That song always made me think of them revivals.  Several versions of it on the you tube, but I thought that one would be the most fun.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2658 on: June 12, 2009, 06:51:55 PM »
Ol Elton's hair style has changed a lot. He still wears strange clothes.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2659 on: June 13, 2009, 04:06:58 AM »
and don't forget Tuesdaynight, Church leaguge softball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DyxjiGA_UM&feature=related
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com