Poll

Revisit the Henry Big Boy. Should it be SASS legal?

Yes
41 (34.2%)
No
75 (62.5%)
I am not sure
4 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Poll: Revisit the Henry Big Boy. Should it be SASS legal?  (Read 45130 times)

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Poll: Revisit the Henry Big Boy. Should it be SASS legal?
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2004, 03:44:33 AM »
Well this has been hashed out till there is no more hash left and some will never go for it and others will.

As far as a pre 1899 design it's a straight stocked (no pistol grips like Marlin) lever action rifle with buckhorn sights.

Maybe if it had a loading gate or they left the forearm off or the action was blue it might of made a differance to some of you but even at 100 feet or 10 inches it's just as Cowboy as a Ruger New Model BlackHawk, any stainless or plastic gripped gun out there.

I don't own one but I wish I did, I don't think it's ugly at all, just like a little pug puppy I used to have.  If I did own one I would be shooting it at my monthly matches and no one would care.

Like I started off saying, Some will and Some will never like it.  Leave it at that.........The rest of this is just pissing in the wind.........
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline Skookum

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2004, 06:31:27 PM »
This rifle does not meet SASS standards.  If we allow this one then how can we draw the line when the $5000 WhizBanger comes out that is really a Simi auto with a lever and a hammer but it almost looks like a “Henry”?  Here is a good place to draw the line.

This “Henry” is not going to be competitive and maybe the day won’t come when you need to trade in your truck for a down payment on a rifle to be competitive.

Good Luck from Rattlesnake Gulch
Skookum Chuck

Offline Cant Dance

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2004, 04:17:26 PM »
Dear Friends?
First off, why and Who can say this is an unsafe design, I have been working on fire arms for @ 20 years and find the henry to be of very fine design. Please explain if you are able, I am wondering what your comments are based on.
And as far as saying the gun is ugly , I happen to like the looks of it and bought one.
Using remington brass and 22.3 gr. os winchester 296 and a federal mag primer, I got a 2" group at 100 yrds. (lets see any Italian, spagetti western , non american piece a horse hooey do that.)
Why is it that people shooting Marlin 336 rifles with short action jobs,and a new fancy cowboy sounding model name think they are shooting any thing remotely old fashion.
Was the 357 designed in the 50,s and the 44 mag in the 60,s.?(sorry let me clerify 1950 and 1960.)
 OOPS ,I own a real colt but choose to shoot my RV's cause I like the big boat anchor feel of them and they shoot great.
I think we all like to bend the rules to help our own cause and, try to keep everyone else towing the line. (Just human nature)
Thanks for asking NOT!
Cante dance 

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 10:11:31 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com