Author Topic: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.  (Read 1180222 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.
« Reply #3080 on: August 13, 2009, 05:13:59 PM »
Ok, I did think of another one, but derned if I can find it or remember the name.  Bo Diddley did it an George Thorougood covered it.  (Yes I'm sure I spelled his name wrong.)  It's about a guy who gets forced ta assist in a robbery an the bad guy gets caught in the end.  All I can remember is the part where the robber describes his gun as bein a 44 that shoots a ball an chain.  Then at the end, the police tell the hostage "Don't worry, we're going ta put him so far away, we'll have ta pump air ta him".

Anyone remember that one?
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3081 on: August 13, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »
Nope!   But can you hum a few bars?
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #3082 on: August 13, 2009, 07:11:55 PM »
Yeah, but you can't hear it. 

I will find it, as Pop as ma witness I will.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #3083 on: Today at 05:38:48 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #3083 on: August 13, 2009, 10:39:04 PM »
I understand the great Les Paul passed on today..........RIP
Mathew 5.9

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #3084 on: August 14, 2009, 04:42:56 AM »
Yep, another one a the greats is gone!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #3085 on: August 14, 2009, 08:10:05 AM »
In tribute...

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3086 on: August 14, 2009, 12:37:54 PM »
Les was the true pioneer of electric guitars. We might never got to hear people like Chet Atkins or Roy Clark, not to mention a lot more performers.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3087 on: August 14, 2009, 01:12:06 PM »
..........not to mention a lot more performers.

That’s the truth. What would Kyle Busch have had ta smash at Nashville had it not been fir Polsfuss?
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #3088 on: August 14, 2009, 01:29:21 PM »
Les was the true pioneer of electric guitars. We might never got to hear people like Chet Atkins or Roy Clark, not to mention a lot more performers.

He invented alot of other stuff too.  In that clip I posted it sounds like Mary Ford has backup singers.  That's all her, Les made the first machine fer overlayin voice tracks. 

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3089 on: August 14, 2009, 01:38:09 PM »
Arcey, Maybe somebody needs to grab Kyle Busch by the neck and WHOP him on the pavement?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3090 on: August 14, 2009, 01:57:18 PM »
Hell. Grab one them fans what has ‘88’ shaved inta their back hair ‘n sic ‘em on ‘im……
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #3091 on: August 14, 2009, 02:57:09 PM »
Don't we have another thread fer the racin stuff?

Yes, this music sucks but ya keep things tied tagether.

Jerry was a race car driver
And he drove so goddamned fast
He never did win no checkered flag
But he never did come in last
Hed say el solo number one
With a bocephus sticker
On his 442 hed light em up
Just for fun

Captain pierce was a fireman
Richmond engine #3
Ill be a wealthy man when I get
A dime for all the things that
Man taught to me
Captain pierce was a strong man
Strong as any man alive
It stuck in his craw that they
Made him retire at the age of 65

22 years old
Had too many cold beers one night
And wrapped himself around a telephone pole.

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3092 on: August 14, 2009, 03:17:58 PM »
Very good, Leo. Yes. There is a racin’ thread.

But the comments weren’t about racin’. They were about a guitar gettin’ busted.

Try ta pay attention.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3093 on: August 14, 2009, 05:28:45 PM »
Leo, Each year they have a Nationwide and a Truck Series race at Nashville. The winner of these races receive a special guitar as a trophy. Kyle Busch won the Nationwide race this year. He received the trophy and picked it up by the neck and slammed the body on the pavement.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #3094 on: August 14, 2009, 06:33:21 PM »
I remember the story from over there.  He was tryin ta prove some kind a point an got another guitar after he busted that one.  I think Arcey posted it from the you tube.  It made me cringe ta see that custom go down like that.

See, I pay attention.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3095 on: August 14, 2009, 07:53:56 PM »
Leo, I'm proud of ya!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #3096 on: August 14, 2009, 10:24:30 PM »
Leo, I'm proud of ya!

That means alot Pop.  So I'm given this ta you special like.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3097 on: August 15, 2009, 08:04:39 AM »
Thanks Leo, Unfortunately that describes the relationships of a lot of fathers and sons now days. I didn't get to enjoy my Dad very much as a kid. He worked hard till I was in college. When he got elected Sheriff, he got a well deserved rest from hard work. The Cancer took him away from me about the time that he started having time to spend with me. Life is sorta unfair that way. I treasure the time I did get to spend with him, even at the end . I drove to Houston every weekend for almost a year before he past away.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #3098 on: August 15, 2009, 12:02:18 PM »
I'm sorry, I hope I didn't stir up any bad feelings.  My Dad lives in Arizona so I don't get much time with him other than an occasional phonecall.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3099 on: August 15, 2009, 04:51:41 PM »
Leo, No bad feelings, really. I just feel a little cheated sometimes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com