Author Topic: MAY we continue with the Cawfee, Tea and Foodstuffs?  (Read 60118 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: MAY we continue with the Cawfee, Tea and Foodstuffs?
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2015, 04:47:28 PM »
Still no clue for Supper tonight. The rain and storms have not gotten here yet. I hope that they miss us this weekend.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2015, 06:19:52 PM »
Moose is fixing Chicken fajita Nachos and frozen adult beverages for Supper tonight. The storms have arrived around here, everything is North and West of here.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2015, 07:46:04 PM »
Left over potato and cheese stuff from the other day, Rita is on her own.

Big fire at the mall across the highway this morning about 4, they were still working on it when I got there at 10:30 searchin' out hot spots.  Amused my self because I was early, watched people pull into our lot to take pictures of it with cell phones. 

One lady in an SUV thing stopped, got out and took pictures, walked up to The Field Marshall and asked me if I knew what happened.  "They had a fire."  Then she asked me if I knew what caused it, "Combustion."   She said, Oh like she wasn't happy with my answers and left, guess I should have dodged traffic on the highway and went and asked the battalion chief ::) for her.

Don't know for sure, but based on years of experiance I'd say it was a fire that took out the Flame Shop. :o  Sells grill and stuff. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 08:02:44 PM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2015, 05:24:03 AM »
Yeah, I'd say so,Del ::) ;)

Been nice here the last two days. Temps in the 80's, currently 66 with a line of showers in the S.W. portion of the state. They poured the piers for the new home yesterday. The halves are sitting in the street just down from the lot it's going on. Probably set it sometime in the later part of next week. Mowed our lawn yesterday, still have to trim,though ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2015, 06:03:57 AM »
The Cawffee is ready for drinking this morning. No plans for breakfast. The rains came, but the twisters missed us again. It's gonna be rainy all weekend.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2015, 08:06:18 AM »
I went back to sleep and woke up at 0800, for a plumbing check. It is real muggy outside, the rains are coming.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2015, 08:27:59 AM »
Yeah, I'd say so,Del ::) ;)

OK, was afraid I missed something, I hate people with Smart phones who ask dumb questions.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2015, 09:29:26 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

I was wanting to go to a shoot today but my back is not playing nice, so I'll putter 'round here today.

'Tis 50 and overcast. High of 68.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2015, 09:40:35 AM »
The rains have started. I got the trash out just before the trash truck arrived.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2015, 01:01:31 PM »
Got the yard trimmed and trimmed the two for sale homes and the sewer plant. ::)

Del, I don't carry a phone that's smarter than I am. The old flip I've got works just fine for what I use it for, just wish it rang louder than it does. When I'm on the mowers,I can't hear  it or feel the vibrate. Better in the summer/warm months, not muffled by heavy coat,etc. ::) :o

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2015, 01:52:19 PM »
I have a cordless house phone.
I can see and understand the benefits of a cell phone. I just never bothered with the new gizmos.
Perhaps it has to do with too many moving parts (functions)?
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2015, 02:06:08 PM »
We are under a flash flood warning as a flash river flood warning. There is no place for all this water to go. I hope that it will find it's way to the area lakes.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2015, 03:18:30 PM »
Slim
My back’s acting up again too.  She Who Still Works is still working, cleaning up after my edging project.

The clouds we had yesterday have moved out  and  the sky is a nice blue.  Running about 70 right now.

Planning on making Blacked Catfish and Cathead biscuits for supper.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2015, 08:07:50 PM »
The Tornado warning has been extended till 8:45 CST tonight. The rain has stopped for a while.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2015, 11:00:58 PM »

Del, I don't carry a phone that's smarter than I am. The old flip I've got works just fine for what I use it for, just wish it rang louder than it does. When I'm on the mowers,I can't hear  it or feel the vibrate. Better in the summer/warm months, not muffled by heavy coat,etc. ::) :o

That's what I carry by choice, I did take it and had the weather Bug app added to it, been a few times that has been quite handy, I occasionally find myself in a situation where my arse is hanging out and everyone with me, got pretty good at reading the info on the doppler.  Many times if there is a local radio station it still might be 40-50 miles from where I'm at and after a certain time it's just running a feed from who knows where for music and a computer inserts local ads.   The old Blaupunkt I need to get in The Field Marshall had 5 stations that in the evenings played the same feed.

Better than the old days, used to travel some places you were lucky to get one or two stations till after dark when AM got better because of the ionosphere. 

Even around here I get on some roads you may sit an hour or two before a car comes by.   I'm smart enough to use mine, and smart enough to know it's a good idea to have one in case of an emergency, others mileage may vary, would have a smart phone if I really had a need for one, sure ain't to old or too dumb to learn what I need to know.    ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2015, 05:53:37 AM »
I have one now, copula years actually, it can do stuff I still don't use... just like the computer...
But it also does stuff , I can use ...like the weather bug ...
We don't get near the warnings you guys are seeing in Tornado alley
 but I've had close calls with lightening ( we'er  in that capital  ::) ) and occasional Tornado alert .

It's amazing though.... the personal mobile cell devices in one design or another have taken the world by storm.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2015, 05:59:30 AM »
The girls are carrying I-phone 5C's now. What I'm doing just isn't very good for carrying something with the screen hanging out there for all kinds of bad stuff to happen to. Sue is doing better with hers than Sandy is ::)

63 here, sun. So far no rain although it's been in the forecast ::)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2015, 08:39:18 AM »
A lot of differance between embracing technology that can be useful to you and getting every new toy because someone else has it.   I've had a cell phone since 96 and have never regretted it.    Has saved me a lot of trouble over the years or long walks or waits.

LOL my favorite "fun" thing to do with one when you are at a large box store and no one shows up to help.  LOL call customer service and tell them where you are at and you need help, most times (Except Menards) someone shows up almost on the run.    ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2015, 08:40:41 AM »
Of course Roger, it's well know that you and I really don't know anything. ;) ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2015, 09:33:55 AM »
Morning y'all.

I have a cell phone from verk.

'Tis 48 and overcast. "Cloudy. Scattered sprinkles in the morning. Highs in the lower 60s. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com