Author Topic: Dee-sem-brrr Coffee  (Read 164541 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Dee-sem-brrr Coffee
« on: November 30, 2013, 09:00:40 PM »
Tis about here, next new thread will be the first in 2014. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Dee-sem-brrr Coffee
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 09:03:48 PM »
The original Coffee and Grub thread was stated on January 19 2005 by our late friend Ten Sleep. :'(
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 12:47:52 AM »
R.I.P Ten Sleep.  Ya' did us all a favor.

Also thought I might mention....Second poster on the new thread! ::) :P  Okay, I'm going to bed now.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:32:44 PM »

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 03:13:52 AM »
Can't believe it's December already. Remember when a year was a long time?

Never met Ten Sleep - but I know from these pages that he was held in high regard and is still missed by some good people.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 05:53:57 AM »
Today is/was my folks wedding anniversary Dec. 1 , 1929  it was a Sunday also , 84 years ago...
They saw two World Wars and the Great Depression together and so much more.
Dad was born just 6 months after the Wright Brothers 1st. flight and saw the Challenger Disaster unfold.
They saw the Moon Landings, Korea, and Kennedy assassination.
In fact they were there at the Bayfront Park in Miami, Florida and saw the attempt on President-elect Franklin D. Roosevelt
and Chicago's Mayor Anton Cermak was mortally wounded.
Witnessed Vietnam, Bay of Pigs and the Nixon Scandal, and the assassination attempt on Ford.  They saw a B actor become one of the most impacting presidents in American history. I might add they saw the assassination attempt on him as well...
Dad would be 110 and Mom 104 ....

Sorry...I got a bit nostalgic on you  :-\   but yeah !  I remember when a year was a long time,  and life time was .....

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 08:25:55 AM »
Mornin all, coffee and tea are ready!

Seems like the older you get the faster time moves. When you are young it seems like it takes forever for something to get here, once your older you wonder how it got by you so fast.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 09:31:17 AM »
Mornin Y'all,yup time flies when your having fun.Havent shot any since Oct.Next CAS shoot here in frozen upstate ny will be the end of January.Need to get the guns out and give them their semi annual cleaning... ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 11:20:51 AM »
Re-posting for those who may have missed it...

Don't know if Y'all have heard, but McMates father passed away yesterday  ,Please keep her,Digem Deep,Gemstone Jamie and the rest of the family in your thoughts and prayers.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 01:19:31 PM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. TOM, I am trying to figger out how I got to be 66 years old. I hate to hear about McMate' s father. Prayers up to the family. It is cloudy and 60 today. I had a late breakfast, so no lunch is planned.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 02:32:23 PM »
Condolences to McMate's family :(

Had a practice after church, gig is Dec.7th.

40 and cloudy here, running laundry ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 07:05:25 PM »
In Ohio tonight heading westbin the morning.

McMate and Dig um  our regards and condolence.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 09:43:02 PM »
I'll be praying.

Here is my FIL's obit.

Charles William (Carl) Jewell, age 81, of the Town of Leon, Waushara County, Wisconsin passed away Wednesday, November 27th, 2013 at the Omro Care Center, Omro, Wisconsin where he had resided for the past four months.

The only son of Edwin Davis and Margaret McNutt Jewell, Charles, was born on July 12, 1932 on the family farm near Pine River, where he resided all his life. He was a graduate of Pine River State Grade School, Wild Rose High School and attended Agriculture Short Course at UW-Madison.

On July 18, 1959 he was united in marriage to Adell Lois Brewer at the Berlin Methodist Church, Berlin, Wisconsin.

Charles was a farmer all his life. He also worked at the Redgranite Pickle Station, Wild Rose Lumber Company, Wells-Fargo Security Company and delivered the Oshkosh Northwestern and Buyers Guide Papers for many years.

He served as a board member for Associated Milk Products, Inc., Pure Milk Products, Inc. and the Wisconsin Feeder Pig Co-op. He was a leader of the Pine River 4-H Club and served on the Waushara County Livestock Committee. He also served as a member of the Waushara County Civil Defense Police. He served as supervisor on the Leon Town Board. He was a member of the Pine River Congregational Church where he served on the church board. Later he attended Waushara Community Church and was active in the Young at Heart group as well as the Monday morning Bible study.

Charles is survived by his wife of 54 years, Adell; three daughters: Monique(Jeff) Volden of Mt Horeb, Lois Jewell and Carolee (Vaughn) Brooks of Redgranite; two sons: Timothy (Monica) Jewell of Auburndale and Thomas (Dawn) Jewell of Redgranite; fifteen grandchildren: Abrah & Annette Volden; Jewel, Carina, Kaitlyn, Esther, Micah & Sackett Brooks; Isabella, Annalise, Charlie & Molly Jewell; Marisa, Makenna & Mia Jewell. He is further survived by two sisters: Joan Bohn of Hancock and Judith LaFrombois of Madison; brothers-in-law Fred (Nancy) Brewer of Berlin and Ronald Brewer of Weston. Also numerous nieces and nephews and his extended Church family.

He was preceded in death by his parents; his father and mother-in-law: Lawrence & Maxine Brewer; sister, Jean Glass; brothers in-law Ewan Glass, Ben Bohn & Ed LaFrombois; nieces Mary Margaret Glass & Randi Glass; and brother of the heart, Dick Anderson.

Funeral services will be held on Monday, December 2nd, at 11:00 A.M. at Waushara Community Church, Hwy 21, Wautoma with Pastor R. Alan Spitler officiating. Visitation will be held on Sunday, December 1st from 5 P. M. until 7 P.M. and Monday, December 2nd from 10 A.M. until the time of service at the church. Internment will be in the Pine River Cemetery, Pine River, Wisconsin.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 11:00:38 PM »
My condolences, Slim. 

T'was about 40 today, and sunny.  Tomorrow night is scheduled for white fluffies...... :-\

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 01:39:16 AM »
We had some more of the Brunswick stew tonight. It was even better the second time around. The Moose goes back to school today, she won't be off again until Christmas break. I cannot sleep, so I guess that I will watch some college games that I missed from Sat.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 05:33:33 AM »
Godspeed Mr. Jewel , the Gates of Heaven are wide open at your arrival and your large family will be your monument...
well done Sir...
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 05:59:02 AM »
A full life, Slim.

Thanks for the head’s up, Maj. I didn’t know he’d passed.

Suppose I got too close to the fat lady ‘n whatever it was got in me. Feel like crap. Good news is she’s feelin’ right good now. Maybe it’ll only last a couple days.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 09:21:34 AM »
A good man Slim, I got a hold of him that one time you had the storm and weren't one for 3 days.   The folks at the Redgranite town hall gave me his number. 

Talked to litl roo a few minutes ago, was in western Indiana, got him a weather up-date and he's going to take 80, we may meet up for coffee this evening or tomorrow.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 10:51:35 AM »
I finally got to sleep about Sun up. Thanks for the Cawffee this morning.We got some of the front yard decorated before it got dark. The lights in one of the wreaths burned out, so I guess I will get that done after lunch. I have a good helper, Victoria. Say hello to ROO and Montana if you get to see them and wish them well in Montana.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 11:36:47 AM »
Morning y'all.

Talked to litl roo a few minutes ago, was in western Indiana, got him a weather up-date and he's going to take 80, we may meet up for coffee this evening or tomorrow.
Thank him fer the package he sent me.

Have two sick kids, Esther and Sackett. So, I am watching them. The rest went to the funeral.

'Tis 32 and overcast. "Cloudy. A chance of flurries in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 30s. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow 30 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »
No clue for lunch. Victoria is napping in the den. The weather is going to cooperate this afternoon and not rain. We are supposed to get some freezing temps on Thursday and go through the weekend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com