Author Topic: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens  (Read 132081 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens
« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2014, 08:39:01 AM »
Moose has already had 2 days of In-Service this week. This will be her 42nd year in Education, all in the same District and In the same City that she graduated from.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #201 on: August 13, 2014, 10:11:57 AM »
Going to be honest here, about ready to call the AP and mention I am one of at least two who never found Robin Williams funny and that is before he took his anti-gun stance out loud. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: August 13, 2014, 11:18:11 AM »
I always thought that he was a little "strange". He did entertain the Troops for the USO. Fame and Fortune does have a price. Some folks can handle it and some can't.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #203 on: August 13, 2014, 11:56:32 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Got a part that I thought was the issue, but I think I need a new pump instead. Should have got it while I was there.  ::) Might not be able to get back to it 'til Monday night.

Busy here without the water issue. Check in day at the fair. Leaving about 1 PM.

'Tis 75 and cloudy. High of 80.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: August 13, 2014, 12:08:16 PM »
Good luck at the Fair this year, Slim. We have a reprieve from the triple digits for a day or two, but it is still hot. No lunch, had a late breakfast. No clue for supper tonight.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: August 13, 2014, 01:12:52 PM »
Just come in from the hospital visitin' cousin Tom. He's doin' good. Lookin', actin' 'n talkin' like what's normal for Tom. Waitin' on discharge now. Got ta feelin' bad it home 'n decided he'd best go t'other day. He kin tell ya the details when he gets back.

We got a nurse what come in for vitals all werried an eagle's gonna get 'er in the parkin' lot. Got one hangin' 'corss the street lately 'n as the eagle flys, it ain't a mile from HK's golf course. Big ole osprey nest onna a power tower right outside 'is window. Pointed that out to 'er too.

Been so long since I've paid any attention to TV stuff, movies, actors 'n such, if someone woulda stopped me on the street last week 'n asked if Williams were alive or dead then I wouldn't have known.

Tolt Tom of the Hollyweird thing. 'Bout M2's concerns of it comin' in threes. He nominated Jane Fonda.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2014, 01:16:38 PM »
Jane would be good, could come up with others if need be. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2014, 01:43:55 PM »
Good day, y'all.

Today was a two cup morning (I usually only have one, if at all).  I have gotten about 5 hours total sleep the past three days, being upset about the truck thing.  I keep telling myself to let it go, but, I'm kind of stubborn..  ::)  That all being said, it still hasn't shown up today, and it's quarter to noon, local time.
Tomorrow I go down to the city for Junior Orientation.  Today is officially my last day of summer.  Hmph.

Weather-wise, we have temps in the 90s, with lows in the 40s.  Sunny right now, with some cumulus boom-boom building at all four corners of the compass.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #208 on: August 13, 2014, 02:13:41 PM »
Off Jane ...several times over,  far as I'm concerned...
what I'd do on her grave won't pass for flowers....

Nor, Rosanne, or what's that fat Bioch's name ? Rosy ?...for that matter Woody Allen could turn belly up as well...
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #209 on: August 13, 2014, 02:57:32 PM »
I'd settle for Jane but like M2 we could add a fee more.
Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2014, 06:21:29 PM »
I'd have a hard time coming up with any other names to add to the "to go" list, since I rarely ever watch TV or a movie anymore.

Look on the Brightside, TK, you wouldn't want that cousin to be driving your new-old truck over until he's good and sober, now, would you? Be a shame to bend it up before you get a hold of it.

First day of pre-school for my girl tomorrow, she's 5 now, but her birthday was 12 days too late to get into kindergarden this year. Gonna always be the "old kid" in her class now.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2014, 06:59:01 PM »
Power's back! Forgot to say, last post was on generator power, was off when I got home from work. Dragged it out, and it started on the second pull.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2014, 09:59:32 PM »
How about barbara strisand (sp?)+100 for jane fonda,barbara boxer,bloomberg dianne feinstein...lower case intentional
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2014, 10:58:08 PM »
Had everything ta the fair. Leaving in the morning at 7 AM fer another day at the fair.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: August 14, 2014, 04:40:43 AM »
Mornin'.

Sunny 'n mid ta high eighties. Wish ya better for the fair, Slim.

The watchin' TV thing. Do watch Chopped. Ya know when ya watch too much of it. Just finished a tournament of teens. After seein' all four rounds, tolt the fat lady t'would come down ta two specific kids in the final. Twix the two it'd be a difficult pick. Those two went at it for the title 'n $65,000.00 in prizes. Ain't puttin' a spoiler out case somebody sees a re-run. Will say if ya wanna freak out a a land locked city girl, stick an octopus in 'er basket.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: August 14, 2014, 05:30:22 AM »
59 and almost sun here. Been more like mid to late Sept. here. Guessers are calling for low 70's today with maybe 40's over night tonight.

With our fair coming up, been kinda busy band-wise. Practice for both bands two nights in a row. ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: August 14, 2014, 06:16:56 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 42 and sunny. High of 77.

Slim

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: August 14, 2014, 06:25:56 AM »
How about barbara strisand (sp?)+100 for jane fonda,barbara boxer,bloomberg dianne feinstein...lower case intentional

Major, if you're gonna stray from entertainers to political types, well, then lets change it from coming in three's, to dozens. Lots of them I wouldn't mind not having around anymore.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2014, 07:43:47 AM »
Yessir, Yessir, Yessir, Three Bags Full!

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2014, 09:17:27 AM »
Mornin all, thanks for the coffee.

Just enjoying a wonderful day in the country after 3 days in the hospital.

Started feeling strange Sunday evening and took my BP, it was 206/115. Had the wife unit take me to the hospital ER, neighbor had to help get me in the car, I couldn't walk a straight line. After a CT scan, MRI, MRA, Echo with bubble and a nuclear stress test it was determined that I had a stroke on both the left and right hemispheres of my cerebellum. Doesn't seem to be any permanent side affects, but then I was strange to begin with.

I follow up with the primary care in a week and will get a call from my Cardiologist for follow up with them. I expect I will hear from a Neurologist as well in the near future, and I have two new meds to add to my collection. It would be nice if they would make them all different colors and sizes so I could convince myself they were skittles or M&Ms.

PT guy takes me for a walk on day 1 and tells me to walk when I feel up to it. Comes back on day 2 and finds me making laps in the hallways because there really isn't anything on TV and doesn't return. Speech therapist comes in and I looked at her and said, "Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth upon this continent a great and new nation conceived in Liberty and dedicated to the principal that all men, except Democrats, are created equal" she didn't return.

At least my nurses had a sense of humor.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com