Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

Kansas'  minimum wage rate as of June, 2011 is $7.25 per hour.

Were the volunteers paid (another oxymoron) the legal minimum wage, or just something that the board could afford to pay?

Patriot

Quote from: readyaimduck on June 24, 2011, 12:13:45 PM
...volunteers paid (another oxymoron)...

Ain't that the truth.

Quote from: readyaimduck on June 24, 2011, 12:13:45 PM
...something that the board could afford to pay?

Butbutbut... EK has no 'board' according to the article in the paper...

So did volunteers in Team A decide how much to pay the volunteers in Team B?

But are the Volunteers in Team A paid?  Who decides how much?  Team C?

Oxymoron indeed!  And obtuse.

Don't you mean the admitted managing member(s)?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

mayflower

There are teenagers working and getting paid.  There a few adult volunteers who are not getting paid.  Can you now figure that out........

kshillbillys

I have volunteered my time cooking during the 4th Sunday breakfast at Elk City's Carson Lodge and never received payment. I have volunteered my time as a firefighter and never received payment. It was my understanding that anyone who volunteers doesn't receive payment; but then again, I have been wrong. Even volunteers of ACORN got paid.-----Mr. KSH
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

readyaimduck

Quotevolunteered my time as a firefighter

I  for one, thank you for that!

Diane Amberg

Mr K, was your fire training just local or were you able to get some training at the bigger training centers?  That's one advantage of being in a small state, we have a big state training center in Dover and a smaller version in each of the three counties. I always enjoyed the training, but stopped short at confined space rescue. No way is that for me. I'm much too claustrophobic. Trench rescue was good and I loved vehicle rescue, pack training and hose handling. Not crazy about ladders but you do what you have to. Yes, I know I'm off topic. Sorry

thatsMRSc2u

so.........yall have a problem with grants that give teenagers summer jobs..........pays em minimum wage for generally workin their butts off.........did it one summer myself....repainted the school rooms, redid floors, lot of grunt work when I was in jr. high.......

Why do yall have a problem with grants that give teenagers summer jobs? Why is that a waste of tax dollars? Why dont you want those teenagers to have a summer job? Whos pulling your strings? Whos behind this conspiracy to keep kids out of work? What do they REALLY want them to do? I bet it the video game manufacturers........cant have kids out workin instead of settin on their asses playin video games!!! How are they gonna make ANY MONEY if the kids ARE NOT AT HOME!?!?!? PLAYIN VIDEO GAMES!?!?!?!?!

::) :P :o

Diane Amberg

Ross

Quote from: mayflower on June 24, 2011, 01:40:28 PM
There are teenagers working and getting paid.  There a few adult volunteers who are not getting paid.  Can you now figure that out........
My bet is Elk County is paying them out of the grant money they recieved for the Elk County Summer Day Camp.
Which is fine with me.

Ross

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on June 24, 2011, 02:56:31 PM
so.........yall have a problem with grants that give teenagers summer jobs..........pays em minimum wage for generally workin their butts off.........did it one summer myself....repainted the school rooms, redid floors, lot of grunt work when I was in jr. high.......

Why do yall have a problem with grants that give teenagers summer jobs? Why is that a waste of tax dollars? Why dont you want those teenagers to have a summer job? Whos pulling your strings? Whos behind this conspiracy to keep kids out of work? What do they REALLY want them to do? I bet it the video game manufacturers........cant have kids out workin instead of settin on their asses playin video games!!! How are they gonna make ANY MONEY if the kids ARE NOT AT HOME!?!?!? PLAYIN VIDEO GAMES!?!?!?!?!

::) :P :o

My kid is learning not to depend on grants and welfare. He is finding his own work and as an educator perhaps you can acknowledge the education he is recieving by this endeavor is far better than handing it to him on a platter. I did the samething as a kid.

There are so many grants out there that are provided by tax deductions which doesn't do anything for financing the country's debt, it's like welfare. Scientist getting grants, which pay their outrageous incomes to study wny on skunk stinks more than another skunk. O r to tell us eating eggs are bad for us and a ear later tell us eggs aren't so bad. Grants or earmarks to build extravagant buildings for different major cities if it's named after the Congressman that lives in that district. When actually the welfare systen that supports the really poor is probably a fraction of all that other stuff. All that also leads to cutting school budgets.

I am very happy that Elk County is able to do this Summer Day Camp for the children. But ask yourself what happens when all the freebies cease? I see it happening real soon. Federal Budget Cuts. State Budget Cuts etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk