Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momof 2boys

Just what exactly has Elk Konnected taken credit for, readaimduck?

readyaimduck

It was listed several posts back.  I can try and find them, but I think the kid's camp comes to mind.
If anyone has that link, post or PM me....
ready

momof 2boys

Why shouldn't they take credit for it, if they have set it up and made it available to the kids of Elk County?  I grew up here, and there was never anything like to keep us busy during the summer.

readyaimduck

QuoteWhy shouldn't they take credit for it, if they have set it up and made it available to the kids of Elk County?  I grew up here, and there was never anything like to keep us busy during the summer
Yes, I agree.  However isn't Ms. Brummel hired by the comissioners to oversee that very same thing?
Or did Ms. Brummel in turn hire Elk Konnected to advertise and help?
ready

Catwoman

I agree, Ready.  If there's something going on, then it's better to know about it...But I sincerely doubt that any of those people would agree to do or be involved in anything illegal.  And I agree with Gina...They should be able to take credit for their work.

Actually, Pat...Either way of using the apostraphe is correct, with the use of the apostraph minus the following "s" being the more common form followed, according to the University English instructor that I contacted.  And, no...I am not numbered in the 74...But they have my respect and gratitude for being willing to step up and do the hard work of taking Elk County forward in spite of the idiocy they encounter.

As far as your slurring of PEP's good name...That man is not only well-bred and forward-thinking, he is also capable of coming up with possible solutions when he points out a problem.  He, also, has my complete respect.  He is a gentleman who speaks plainly, bluntly and succinctly...Your inability to comprehend what he has to say is understandable.   ::)

readyaimduck

Quoteinvolved in anything illegal
Personally, I do not feel there may be anything 'illegal' about it.  Unethical, perhaps.
That is my worry.

I've seen too many companies come in and take all your monies, manipulate the local government, then die out without any regret. 

Just cautious I suppose of 'windstorm' projects. 
ready

flintauqua

I've never had a lick of trouble understanding what Patrick has been saying.  Of course that might be because he and I spent parts of a couple of summers on the back of a hay truck together.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

momof 2boys

I have the absolute belief that there is nothing illegal going on with Elk Konnected.  Ms. Brummel's involvement with Elk Konnected does not necessarily have anything to do with her job.  Her job has to do with recreational activities for the youth of the county, wouldn't it just make sense for her to also be involved in any other youth related activities such as coaching and camps? Similar to that of a teacher who also spends time helping out with youth related activities.  Plus if you are also a parent, you are going to be involved in helping out with activities.

Patriot

ready

this might help....

Quote from: Patriot on June 10, 2011, 05:24:34 PM
Title of the 2011 grant: "Elk Konnected Day Camp"

Approved purpose of the grant: "A Summer day camp for grade school kids living in Elk & Greenwood Counties"

Grantee (applicant & recipient of the grant):  "Elk County"

Is EK, LLC not responsible for coordinating and putting on the camp?  Elk Konnected is taking credit for it, no?

Also see more details about this grant on page 87, I believe.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

readyaimduck

QuoteOf course that might be because he and I spent parts of a couple of summers on the back of a hay truck together.

not EVEN going there!    ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk