Have I got a story for you... Davis-Moore Mazda of Wichita

Started by mtcookson, August 22, 2008, 07:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtcookson

Edit: As advised below I removed my post but I am saving it for a later time. Bites that you can't even talk about the truth without the chance of getting in trouble these days. :(

I'll be sure to post about it as soon as it is all over. ;D

Teresa

Well dang it.. did I miss it all? ???

Can't wait for the whole story...  ;)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

mtcookson

mtcookson

Unless the person receiving the PM were to post it I don't think anyone could ever get access to one... it at least would be very difficult to pull off I would think. I'm not too overly worried about it though. I have everything in order so far, so even if they did try bringing suit against me it would only be a minor/small set back before they got their reaming.

Teresa

E-mails are not safe.. but Personal messages are.
Pm's are personal messages...Personal.. Period.
We can not even get to anyone's messages or read anyone PM's unless they give us the password.
Personal messages are deeply encrypted even from the person( Kjell) who built the site.
So pm's are safe unless the computer is seized and all the data from the hard drive is torn apart and retrieved .

dnalexander

It is on your web host and all servers between you and the recipient. Encryption makes it invisible to most but during a lawsuit the host to cascity.com and the ELk Forum would be subpoenaed . Once on the internet it lives forever.

David

dnalexander

I've done my best to help. If you post it to the internet it is there forever on many servers and computers. I have used encryption for sensitive government\personal records. It doesn't happen on this forum or most places on the internet. If you post it to the internet it is readable and lives forever on the internet forever. I will get off my soap box. You have been warned.

David

Teresa

It is a good warning...

Quote from: dnalexander on August 22, 2008, 09:57:20 PM
It is on your web host and all servers between you and the recipient. Encryption makes it invisible to most but during a lawsuit the host to cascity.com and the ELk Forum would be subpoenaed . Once on the internet it lives forever.

David

This is true.. but as far as this issue being big enough for the company to hire a firm to come in and and confiscate the server data.. I doubt it..  :)
but personal messages are of course deeply set in the hard drive.

Mark is MORE than intelligent when it comes to computers and hard drives and all that it entails. He is one of Howard's Computer guru's... But still very wise words in remembering that whatever you post openly ..even for 1 second before it is removed.. has taken the chance of being grabbed on by somebody..somewhere.

flo

wondered about all this when I was reading his original post, but he also said he was "thinking about" retaining an attorney, which means he was not devulging any part of a lawsuit.  Only that IF he should retain an attorney, this is the information he would have.  It could still come back to bite him, but doubt very seriously Davis/Moore reads this forum and if there are any "snitches" on here,  >:( CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT NOW, WE DON'T NEED YOU. >:(
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk