Howard Appreciation Society

Started by dnalexander, August 03, 2008, 03:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanna

Quote from: dnalexander on August 05, 2008, 04:11:56 PMI am proud to be a COWPIE!
Oh Please! Oh Please! Oh Please! 
There are SO many people I'd like to call that, and since you done went'n made it a good thing, you've ruined it for me  :D :angel: :laugh:

frawin

Jo, you are right I did forget the creameries. Thanks

pepelect

Every body waves.....the longer you are away from this area the weirder it gets but every body waves.   You can be driving down the road at almost dusk and the arm or hand will come up from the steering wheel or off the mirror on the door.   Don't wave back  and you will be call out for it at some time.   If you see a EK tag in Johnson county you pull up beside them just to see who it is.   And what comes next you wave real big like you have just seen the Beetles.   

How far you live from town can be determined by the height on the truck door that the mud stays after a rain. 

The tennis court, yes there is only one, has better aphalt than any street in town.   Yes the surface of the tennis court is ASPHALT.  holds water like a jug.

The water still tastes like 1930's vintage fish of the WPA built Polk Danials lake perch that got stuck in the intake tube three weeks ago. 

We used to also have an Ice Plant/Locker/Butcher

Yippie ki ya COWPATTIE!

flo

Quote from: pepelect on August 05, 2008, 11:05:38 PM
Every body waves.....the longer you are away from this area the weirder it gets but every body waves.   

When the Miller's first moved to Elk County, someone would wave and Marvin's mother would ask "who was that" - Marvin would say he didn't know and she'd ask why they waved.  He told her everyone over here waves whether they know you or not.  I say "that's friendly, small town America".  When I lived in Severy and tried to walk for exercise, I had trouble cause everyone always stopped to "give me a ride".  Another "small town America" courtesy.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

mkjacot

I am replying to David Alexander.

I assume you are Myrna's son.

I am Marion Jacot's sister so it really hit home when you were talking about Marion & Charlene.  I now live in Wichita but liived around the Moline area until 1981.   We were at Marion & Charlene's house alot and were very close to them.  (I grew up around Moline and graduated from Moline High School  (GO HORNETS!)

Please let me know how your mom is doing if in fact I have the right kid (you).

Mkjacot

dnalexander

Yes I am one of Mary Myrna Winn's sons. I have very fond memories of spending time with "Jacot" and my Aunt Char in Moline as a kid. I will send you a private message regarding my mom in the next day or so.

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk