Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Good morning....
I am off today to the lake where I am going to practice my competition shooting, as I am going to be in a match this next Sunday.
I have Miss Ashley spending the night with me tonight and tomorrow is Ashley and Mee Maw day. We are going to build our new Fairy Garden..go to the park.. have a picnic.. make cookies and ride the 4 wheeler.
It is "our day" and I have set aside nothing but "her and I time" for the day.

Which means I have to get off here and get the few things done and then off to smell some gun powder..  :)

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

I just thought I might mention this since some of you are Medicare age. S 2908 is a bill in the senate finance committee right now, to take people's social security numbers off their Medicare cards. With all the identity theft going on, that's one more place it shouldn't be. Al wrote to our Joe Biden about it and got a nice letter back. You might want to think about contacting your Senator if you want to support this bill. Well,we're off to a crab feast, see you all later.

flo

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 26, 2008, 09:39:53 AM
Well,we're off to a crab feast, see you all later.

>:( >:( just had to put that in there, didn't you?  :D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Joanna

Morning folks!  A little late, but it is Monday.  I worked outdoors most of Saturday, then did paperwork & stuff most of Sunday since I was a pansy & didn't want to go in the sun again.  I think that's why I woke up with a stuffy nose and headache... paperwork is nasty stuff!  I'll be back outdoors today.  My husband & his brother were haying this last week (isn't everyone?) and hope to have it wrapped up soon.

Steve, our vines are being decimated by squash beetles.  I thought I had them wiped out when they first showed up a month ago, but looks like they've revived.  So far no damage on tomatoes; though I did have to powder them with Sevin dust when they got white aphids a few weeks ago.  I'm going out again this morning to see what I need to haul off to quarantine and what can stay.  We are afraid our cantaloupe got cross pollinated or something, it smells great but has a queer taste to it.  If it doesn't get better, I know a couple hogs who will be very happy later this week.

We have steps to our front porch!  How exciting is that!?!  We have practically a spankin' new porch now and it should last for the next 100 years...  We've still got some painting and touchup to work on the trim & rails this fall, but it's sure looking good to me.

Happy Happy Joy Joy.  I love summer! :D ;D :laugh:

Rudy Taylor

I like to hear people say they love summer.

Me, too.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Mom70x7

Add me to that group, then.

I definitely love summer!

Three years in Minnesota and I'm still not over being that cold.
We moved back down here in 1980 - a year of record heat - and loved every minute of it.

I just figure there are "northern" folk and "southern" folk.  :D

Wilma

Then there are Kansas folk who have it both ways.

Diane Amberg

Hi to all. We got through one funeral yesterday. It was a real emotional roller coaster, as all funerals are.  I was so proud of our firefighters; they did Bill proud. We had a sea of blue and had just about all the equipment we own in line. Bill had been our chief at on time and was just a delightful person and a special friend. We have one of our engines set up to carry a casket, so Bill got to take a ride past all 4 stations and then a 30 min. drive to the veterans cemetery, where Al and I will also be interred someday. (I got to thinking about all you in the Winn family and how many you have lost this year. It's a good thing everyone has good memories to carry them through the hard times.) The ladies auxiliary put together a beautiful luncheon for everyone afterward and we all got a chance to sit and talk to Bill's wife and family and shared stories and I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. Tomorrow we do it all over again.
       We've had a nice Canadian cool down here and the weather is spectacular. Mid 80s and very low humidity...what a great break.

Joanna

Good morning!  We had a big weekend with a baby shower for my daughter-in-law and tons of friends & family over to visit.  It was great, and Hop-Along didn't even mind having to stay home and entertain the "guys". (Marty has a cast on his foot, broken ankle)

Sorry Heather, Horsman picked all the okra on Saturday, so it will be a few days before you can have another big batch! 
We sent tomatoes & peppers home with Chris & Dana so they could make us some salsa... Yep, I could make my own but you can't believe how good it tastes when your kids start cooking for you!

Think I'll go finish my coffee on the porch.  The cool air puts me in mind of fall, and I have way too much to do for it to be that late already!  Have a great week!

OH!  And look at this fabulous baby shower cake!  I just gave her the napkin she made a perfect match!  It was exactly what I wanted.  If you ever need a cake, I know the lady to call!   ... This is the cake I wanted.  I've seen her do some fantastic tiered cakes also and the best part of all is that they TASTE great!

flo

thanks for the kind words, Joanna.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk