Author Topic: Quality: Cabela's Leather  (Read 3899 times)

Offline tmackay3302

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Quality: Cabela's Leather
« on: June 06, 2006, 09:40:15 PM »
Hi everybody, I just ordered a Uberti Millenium and I'm looking for a holster for it. I don't need anything fancy right now, justs something to carry it around the range. A little while ago I came accross the CASS leather sold at Cabela's in a magazine. It's made by Hunter Company and Triple K. I was looking at the Mexican loop holsters. Does anyone know anything about the quality? Like I said, I don't need anything fancy and I'm on a budget (college student). Thanks for any help you can give me!
"Education mades a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern, but impossible to enslave." -Lord Brougham

Offline Buffalo Creek Law Dog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Quality: Cabela's Leather
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 09:56:40 PM »
I bought the Triple K "Cogburn" outfit and I am pleased with it.
SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

Offline Doc Neeley

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 12:03:17 AM »
Both will be fine. Good quality, just not fancy. I recently bought a triple K drop belt for B-western, just change one set of holsters over. I added some conchos and spots just for fun, and it looks nice.
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream. -- T.K. Whipple

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:38:36 PM »

Offline Mountain Dog

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 09:21:10 PM »
I just bought two of the Western open style holsters and they seem to be of good quality and the price was certainly great ($15.99). They are very plain but also very functional.  I also bought a Galco Duke's rig from them because I needed a 5 1/2" LH for my second gun. It was much more fancy and better finished but it was also $74.99.

With Cabellas there is no reason to live with something you get from them that you are not happy with.  They are very good about taking things back that you are not 100% satisfied with.

MD

Offline Tommy tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Keep your pants and your powder dry.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 09:30:06 PM »
I just bought two of the Western open style holsters and they seem to be of good quality and the price was certainly great ($15.99). They are very plain but also very functional. 

MD

My first rig consisted of one of those holsters and a Civil War Era repro with the flap cut off.  The Cabela holster worked well.  The only problem I had with it was that it tended to flatten out on me often, so I was constently having to re-wet mold it.  My 60 Army and '51 Navy pistols fit nicely into it but my 1858 Remington's trigger guard would often stick out and not reholster smoothly.  Very minor thing for the formerly cheap price of about $10.99 six years ago.
Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

Offline redrader

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 01:54:53 AM »
I bought the Triple K "Cogburn" outfit and I am pleased with it.

I am new to CAS and leather gear. Can you get two holsters on the Cogburn or the Duke? What about any of the ones listed as single holster belts? Or the Conquistador Double Drop. Is it SASS legal?

Thanks
RR

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I'll not be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."    John Wayne

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • "I'm ordering you to volunteer again Sgt. Tyree...
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 09:14:26 AM »
I use my gear from Cabela's (Triple-K) hunting in rough country in Central Texas and it has held up great.

LazyK Pejay

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com