Author Topic: Non-CAS holster question  (Read 3114 times)

Offline Dr. Wright Gooder

• George Wilhite SASS #70628
  • Citizen
  • George Wilhite
    • Texas Rodeo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Non-CAS holster question
« on: June 05, 2006, 02:07:40 PM »
 ???My brother brought a new pistol by last night because he couldn't find a holster for it. We made one, crude though it is, for his CZ83. He asked about making a paddle version of the same holster.

Anyone know if there's a place to buy just the paddle part to attach the holster to or build a holster around?
Thanks,
George Wilhite, Author
The Texas Rodeo Murder
(http://texasrodeo.go.to)
"Jonas," "Red Malone," "The Bar B"
(www.americanwesternmagazine.com)

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
Re: Non-CAS holster question
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 04:07:32 PM »
I don't know where to get the paddle, but it would work to glue and sew two layers of leather together with a slightly smaller piece of steel between them, you'd have what you need made to your exact size and desired curve. Make it flat, set the glue (barge cement or an equivalent) and then wet the leather a bit and bend the paddle to form the curvature you want. You could drill through it to make holes to mount it to your holster with chicago screws or good quality rivets (no speedy rivets on this application since they may separate and drop your pistol.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

• Citizen
  • George Wilhite
    • Texas Rodeo
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 08:18:31 AM »
Thanks, Marshal. I may try that. Borrowed one from a friend and looked at it. Plastic one seems to just screw into a plate on the back of the holster. Wife knows a lady who makes a lot of injected (?) plastic gun paraphenalia. She's asking her today if she knows where to get just the plastic paddle part. I'll post it if she finds out.

But I'm more inclined to use metal and leather as you suggested. It just sounds stronger than plastic.
George Wilhite, Author
The Texas Rodeo Murder

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:55:15 AM »

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 11:06:17 AM »
I bought a Fobus holster with the belt clip on it. I wanted the paddle, so I ordered one as a separate item from Fobus, no reason they wouldn't sell you one. Here's the link to their site. At the bottom is a phone number where you can call them and ask. Click on the link for the Roto-Holster Systems and they list the paddle there for under $10.

http://www.fobusholster.com/catalog/

• Citizen
  • George Wilhite
    • Texas Rodeo
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 12:49:12 PM »
Marshal,
That was an excellent site. I'll have to call them and order one. I want one of their Roto holsters for one of my pistols anyway, so maybe I'll just order one and the extra paddle at the same time so I can build my own leather one around it.
George Wilhite, Author
The Texas Rodeo Murder

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 03:41:01 PM »
Marshal,
That was an excellent site. I'll have to call them and order one. I want one of their Roto holsters for one of my pistols anyway, so maybe I'll just order one and the extra paddle at the same time so I can build my own leather one around it.
I got one of the roto holsters and it was a bit tight. I drilled the top rear rivet out of it and put a screw in it with a small coil spring so I could adjust the tension. Great holster.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com