Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1824740 times)

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #5440 on: March 04, 2006, 06:44:13 PM »
Sod Buster, you going to learn to use them?

They won't be happy unless they are fulfilling the purpose that they were cast for.  They need to be used. This will make the cast iron happy.  :)

<Sod Buster believes that all things need to fulfill their purpose in life - even if their life is an inanimate object>
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #5441 on: March 05, 2006, 03:55:57 AM »
  Brushing the frost off the Bay horse, litl' rooster saddles up and heads off in the early dawn. Hopefully by time he reaches the "soddy" the Biscuits will be ready ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #5442 on: March 05, 2006, 06:33:47 AM »
  Brushing the frost off the Bay horse, litl' rooster saddles up and heads off in the early dawn. Hopefully by time he reaches the "soddy" the Biscuits will be ready ;D

Sod Buster grabbs some of the FFG's cast iron and prepares breakfast: Two eggs, a buttermilk biscuit smothered in sausage gravy and a ham steak.
He also gets a few extra "minerals" in his food since the sod ceiling is constanly falling into the griddle.  There is extra if anyone stops by...as long as they don't mind "dirty eggs".  :)

SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Advertising

« Reply #5443 on: Today at 01:36:50 AM »

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5443 on: March 05, 2006, 10:43:57 AM »
the Ozark Tracker rumbles into the yard having driven from Arkansas on the overhauled  Newbrassky Steam Driven Machine,  everyone gathers around and looks it over, leaving behind Trintys jug, Slims mighty 10, litl rooster's spurs and three sticks of da sheep's dynamite with the fuse still attached. and the respected kabong.

What color you thnk that thing ottobe? Ozark asks the fellars give me some ideas what else it needs?

<<The traction engine ought to be purple like Del's kerchief.  ;D ;D ;D>>

I thought about putting the torch to it and see if it would looks kinda case hardened but I don't know if it would  but I do like the kind of rusty look.  It  probally would look just that way if was in use around the ranch with no name

(back to the story);

Del comes out in the yard and tells Trinty to build a fire in the steamer, he might want to take it for a test run.

<<I just don't think it would be rusty, knowing Del... well, now that I think of that old car of his with the missing bumper, maybe you're right.   ....OK Del, not missing, just unattached.  ;D ;D ;D>>

Del's bellow about building a fire awakens Trinity who is alseep on the porch surrounded by little pieces of yarn.  Realizing that he must have fallen asleep during the efforts to free litl rooster, Irish and himself from the knitting supplies he gets up and stretches.  Just then he sees little rooster riding off in the direction of the Soddy.  Knowing that either there is going to be some eating and/or drinking going on, Trinity runs off after him.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5444 on: March 05, 2006, 12:00:59 PM »
<Note, the rusty Olds is now in Gopher Grease's possion, he has decided to tune it up and drive it for a while rather than sacrifice it to the Demo Derby Gods. ::)>

Delmonico builds a wood fire in the steam roller, switching to coal when it gets going.  As it's warmin' he starts some pinto beans boiling.  We're havin' burrito's fer supper, now that Delmonico has a new tortilla press. ::) ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #5445 on: March 05, 2006, 03:51:33 PM »
The Ozark Tracker gets a ride with Del on the steamer,  while in town, Ozark thinks of a good item to add to the tractor, since Del likes to cook so much he buys a cast iron wood fired stove complete with oven and adds it to the back of the steamer, after adding a stove pipe,  now Del can cook and bake on the move.

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #5446 on: March 05, 2006, 03:58:02 PM »
(Off topic)

Thanks to a tip from Lucky Irish Tom, litl rooster I got the jingle bobs on the spurs, guess we'll have to add the shamrock for luck to the machine.

back on topic

the boys picked up a new (new to him) bufalo rifle for Del , now he can drive shoot skin cook and have everything ready when he gets there.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5447 on: March 05, 2006, 04:44:27 PM »
<<Looking mighty fine!>>

Eating over at the soddy, Trinity finds stranges peaces of greenery in his food to which he shrug of and eats with the rest of the feast.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5448 on: March 05, 2006, 05:52:06 PM »
<<Looking mighty fine!>>

Eating over at the soddy, Trinity finds stranges peaces of greenery in his food to which he shrug of and eats with the rest of the feast.

After a fine feast at the the Soddy, Sod Buster and self tye Trinity to his saddle..Thanks Sod Buster had a good time remininnicennnnnnn Pards in the Piedmont country, litl' rooster legs up and grabs a rein of Trinity's horse. Up the trail along the Dismall I hear the sound of a pair of Jingle bobs,<authors note> I lost one last week an only wear one rowel and jingles now... However this sound is not coming from a horse. Not sure I had ever seen such a site. A steam contraption with 2 stacks bellarn' smoke.  Attemps to awake Trinity are a failure and i don't want folks thinkin' I have lost my mine. From chasing the sheephearder. So I reach over take the jug and get a pull....Can always blame the squezzins ;D ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5449 on: March 05, 2006, 06:04:20 PM »
Upon hearing the "Thock" sound of the cork, Trinity perks up and says: "Yesh pleash"

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5450 on: March 05, 2006, 07:29:27 PM »
Upon hearing the "Thock" sound of the cork, Trinity perks up and says: "Yesh pleash"
I'll take a swig outta jug too.

<<I like the machine and all the little memorabilia.  Good job.>>

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #5451 on: March 05, 2006, 08:11:32 PM »
Upon hearing the cork pop out of a jug, and through the magic of animation <-Author's Note: We are toons after all -> Irish suddenly appears next to litl rooster's horse.  "Faith and Begorrah Brother Rooster it's wee bit parched I am, might a body have a wee draught of that lifesaving elixer you hold"?
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5452 on: March 06, 2006, 04:19:49 AM »
Upon hearing the cork pop out of a jug, and through the magic of animation <-Author's Note: We are toons after all -> Irish suddenly appears next to litl rooster's horse.  "Faith and Begorrah Brother Rooster it's wee bit parched I am, might a body have a wee draught of that lifesaving elixer you hold"?

Passes the Jug around to Stoney then to Lucky Irish Tom, fella's luck at that contrapition............

Authors note ;D ;D** it's March and the Begorrahs are showing up again **** ;D ;D ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5453 on: March 06, 2006, 09:22:23 AM »
"Tom, you sound funny.  Better let me drink outta the jug first.  I don' want to be ketchin' what ever it is you got."

<<can't we at least get past the ides of march before we should worry about the Begorrahs>>

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #5454 on: March 06, 2006, 12:35:08 PM »
Slim rides from the northeast and sees a new traction engine bullowing smoke. "Del must have a new toy."

<Arthur's note: Great steam engine and accoutrements, Ozark Tracker!>  ;D
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5455 on: March 06, 2006, 12:38:10 PM »
...Up the trail along the Dismall I hear the sound of a pair of Jingle bobs,<authors note> I lost one last week an only wear one rowel and jingles now...
<Arthur's note: I lost a set of jingle bobs at the GAF Muster. I got a replacement set from the Fort at the NCOWS Convention.>  ;D
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5456 on: March 06, 2006, 03:35:21 PM »
Delmonico starts rollin' out tortillas with the stream roller. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5457 on: March 06, 2006, 03:52:28 PM »
Delmonico starts rollin' out tortillas with the stream roller. ::)

Does this mean the frijollies is done cookin'?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5458 on: March 06, 2006, 04:10:44 PM »
Delmonico gets out his large soapstone griddle and starts cookin' tortillas.  He fills each 15" tortilla with refrijoles, sour cream and grated cheese and a dap of his famous pepper sauce.   :o :o :o :o

The one fer Slim he douses it on cause he knows Slim is a big fan of it. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5459 on: March 06, 2006, 04:30:26 PM »
Slim rides over ta see what all the commotion is about. As he gets closer, he sees a cookstove attached ta the back of the traction engine and Del is cookin' on it. "Wheredidja get the new traction engine, Del? Whatcha cookin'?"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com