Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1824619 times)

Offline Capt. Hamp Cox

• Top Active Citizen
  • 1937 Ford & 1941 Hamp in 1947
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #3400 on: August 04, 2005, 02:43:56 PM »
Still somewhat cowed by his recent faux pas, the sunburned looking, once handsome young man, got even redder as he haltingly uttered, "I confided once recently that I was a under cover CRS agent, but had no idea I'd demonstrate it in such an embarrassing way that could have very easily blown my cover.  Think it be best if I just stay here in the shadows and see if I can figger out who the bad guys are.  Sure a lot of possible suspects.  Don't know when, where, or how, but I'll be contactin' you.  Say, you wouldn' mind if I moved to a drape a bit closer to the privy, would you?

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3401 on: August 04, 2005, 03:08:21 PM »
She whispers lowly to him.

"Major, if you want to live in the curtains, that's fine, but you can have a room if you want one. I could tell everyone you are my visiting nephew from...  uhm... Brazil or something. But if you really want to stay in the drapes, there's a window right next to the bathroom upstairs and it has double draperies to keep out the sun. I'll bring you a sandwich after I finish my chores, ok?"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Capt. Hamp Cox

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3402 on: August 04, 2005, 03:30:42 PM »
She whispers lowly to him.

"Major, if you want to live in the curtains, that's fine, but you can have a room if you want one. I could tell everyone you are my visiting nephew from...  uhm... Brazil or something. But if you really want to stay in the drapes, there's a window right next to the bathroom upstairs and it has double draperies to keep out the sun. I'll bring you a sandwich after I finish my chores, ok?"

Haltingly, the once handsome, once debonaire, once proud  CRS undercover officer took the Frumpy Fairy Godmother's tater stained hand and, just for an instant, a tear of gratitude welled up in his eye, and he slowly took her hand in his, and, pulling a cartridge from his belt, placed it in her hand, and sprinted up the stairs to the bathroom, wordlessly accepting her offer of room,  board, and sanctuary. (is that a long sentence, or what?)  The Frumpy Fairy Godmother, startled by the rapid departure of the once handsome, once debonaire, once proud CRS undercover officer, wondered aloud, "Now why would he give me this grungy looking corroded copper cased rimfire cartridge?  Is he trying to tell me something?  Is he actually a "dirty CRS copper"?  What else could it be?

Advertising

« Reply #3403 on: Today at 07:47:18 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3403 on: August 04, 2005, 04:26:18 PM »
Delmonico figgers the "CRS" means "can't remember s........tuff, since the last nights supper was King Crab legs not Crawfish/crayfish/crawdads/mud bugs..

The whole crowd has figgered he's some sort of lawman since he fergot to take his CRS Agent badge off a his vest. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3404 on: August 04, 2005, 04:30:55 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother thinks Alaskan King Crabs are funny crawdads, but she bounces the round up and down in her hand as she goes back outside to harvest the pasta. Again she stops, turning to go back inside where she leaves a note for Delmonico:

"We need to clear some land and put up a new building. I think it's time we had a bohunkhouse, or to use the shorter version of the word, a bunkhouse."

She sticks the note on the icebox where he'll be certain to see it, then finally goes out to the garden.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3405 on: August 04, 2005, 06:02:30 PM »
Well I don't 'spect for Slim to show back up till Monday, but have him bring a load a dat Wissyconsion White Pine Lumber. 

Oh and when it gets here keep Trinity away from it, you know what happens when he gets his hands on building supplies. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Capt. Hamp Cox

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3406 on: August 04, 2005, 06:04:44 PM »
Major Catastrosphe, feeling like a giant load had been lifted, (remember the Frumpy Fairy Godmother's generous bathroom offer) his eyes finally adjusting to the light after being behind the drapes all those days, notices that his one and only round of ammunition is missing from his cartridge belt.  Becoming more worried by the minute, and drumming his fingers on his CRS badge (now under his shirt and safely taped to his masculine, hairy Don Knotts chest) the Major tries as hard as he can to remember where he might have dropped it, all to no avail.  Then it comes to him.  "I'll bet that hoochie coochie coosie that pulled the legs off those poor crabs had something to do with this.  Bad enough bein' left afoot without a horse.  Can't even imagine bein' left afoot without a foot.  With this revelaton, the Major returns to his bathroom to see what he can do to make it more livable until the bunkhouse gets built.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3407 on: August 04, 2005, 06:10:48 PM »
On his way to the Wedgewood privy the CRS guy see's lots of legless crabs in little wheel chairs. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #3408 on: August 04, 2005, 06:30:31 PM »
litl rooster finishes stacking the crates behind the barn.Then streches the ropes from the mystrious vessel and ties them off to cure in the sun. Then returns to the barn and begins sharpening and setting the teeth on his hand saw. Then goes to the house and leaves a note on the icebox....Which reads, Delmonico please Trinty to town for a keg of nails (16d's) to use on the bunkhouse. This might also keep him distraccted from the Lumber Slim will be returning with. This place sure could use a bunkhouse....Lot of folks have showed up here since I wander in looking for Cattle theifs. Still I can't help but think the guy in the Painting and the so called Major from CRS are supicious but they are amuzing....

Mathew 5.9

Offline Capt. Hamp Cox

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3409 on: August 04, 2005, 06:35:39 PM »
Not being privy to what went on in the privy, Major C. erronelusly thought those poor wheelchair-bound critters were sand dollars, never once thinking anyone could be so heartless as to try and "get a leg up" at some poor crab's expense.  Having trouble remembering what he was supposed to be angry about, he returned to his bathroom, a place of comfort, and to search for his now missing CRS badge.  Bulletless and badgeless, how much farther could he sink?  Maybe he could learn to carpenter?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3410 on: August 04, 2005, 07:15:13 PM »
<What will the poor fella do when he notices the Wedgewood Wather Closet has the same pattern as the fancy Wedgewood china in the dining room.  The ultimate in 19th century fancy.  delmonico spent the money from his Wyoming Diamond mine well.  And best of all the englishmen never tried to get his money back, Slim did well when he salted the mine. ;D ;D ;D>
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #3411 on: August 04, 2005, 07:29:09 PM »
Not being privy to what went on in the privy, Major C. erronelusly thought those popor wheelchair-bound critters were sand dollars, never once thinking anyone could be so heartless as to try and "get a leg up" at some poor crab's expense.  Having trouble remembering what he was supposed to be angry about, he returned to his bathroom, a place of comfort, and to search for his now missing CRS badge.  Bulletless and badgeless, how much farther could he sink?  Maybe he could learn to carpenter?

while reaching for his paper towels to mop up the desk...litl rooster notices Delmonico's new post.

<What will the poor fella do when he notices the Wedgewood Wather Closet has the same pattern as the fancy Wedgewood china in the dining room.  The ultimate in 19th century fancy.  delmonico spent the money from his Wyoming Diamond mine well.  And best of all the englishmen never tried to get his money back, Slim did well when he salted the mine. ;D ;D ;D>

Capt. or is it Major (I am so confussed) Don't be surprized if you see the soup ladle in the Wather Closet... The one piece that did not come with the China was the Soup tourine ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3412 on: August 04, 2005, 07:44:23 PM »
That's cause I normally make stews ya can put on a plate! ;D  Ma gravy fer biscuits can be stacked and eaten like a samwhich. ;D

<litl rooster is that the same roll or did you use it up? ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #3413 on: August 04, 2005, 07:51:31 PM »
"Pssht!  Ol' Trinity makes a soup you can put on a plate too when in the Wedgywood room!  If'n ya wan' a samwich, gimme some braid next tahm Ah go in thar.  Heck, ya might git a sur-prize and git some corn with it!"
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3414 on: August 04, 2005, 07:57:34 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother comes back in to see the crowd gathered around the bathroom door.

"Get away from there!" She flaps her apron at them. "Don't you want your privacy when you use the privy?"

She looks at them and does a mental head count, then her brows furrow. "Is he still in there?" She turns and gives a gentle tap on the door. "Are you all right?"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #3415 on: August 04, 2005, 08:03:49 PM »
litl rooster finishes stacking the crates behind the barn.Then streches the ropes from the mystrious vessel and ties them off to cure in the sun. Then returns to the barn and begins sharpening and setting the teeth on his hand saw. Then goes to the house and leaves a note on the icebox....Which reads, Delmonico please Trinty to town for a keg of nails (16d's) to use on the bunkhouse. This might also keep him distraccted from the Lumber Slim will be returning with. This place sure could use a bunkhouse....Lot of folks have showed up here since I wander in looking for Cattle theifs. Still I can't help but think the guy in the Painting and the so called Major from CRS are supicious but they are amuzing....

Standing at the sign for a half hour, Trinity finally is able to make out the words that direct him to go to town to get supplies for the next project.

"Yeeeehaw! A project!  Ah'm gonna outdo mahsef this tahm.  Them folks really liked mah greenhouse, but they gonna really lahk this'un!"
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Capt. Hamp Cox

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3416 on: August 04, 2005, 08:12:59 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother comes back in to see the crowd gathered around the bathroom door.

"Get away from there!" She flaps her apron at them. "Don't you want your privacy when you use the privy?"

She looks at them and does a mental head count, then her brows furrow. "Is he still in there?" She turns and gives a gentle tap on the door. "Are you all right?"

Through the door came the reply "Why yes mamm, I am, moved in here just like you said I could.  Sure is nice, but I think I'm stuck in this waterin' trough in here.  Fell asleep trying to figure out why you folks are being so nice to me and why I'm here.  Sure be willing to help out around here if someone could get my foot unstuck and get me out of here.  Bet I could learn to do things at least as well as that Trinity feller.  Sometimes think he's near as bad off as I am."

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3417 on: August 04, 2005, 10:26:05 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother starts to open the bathroom door, then remembers the man inside was using the privy and quickly steps away. She asks one of the present bohunks, who showed up on receiving word about a bunkhouse, to go help the man. Toby the bohunk peeks in the room, then goes in to lift the Major out of the toilet, but his foot is stuck fast. Cliff, Mike's brother, goes in to help and he is followed by his younger brother, Zeppo. The bohunks are not small men, but they somehow manage to pack themselves into the bathroom around the Major.

"Can I help? Can I get you anything?" The Frumpy Fairy Godmother calls out to the bodies. There is the distinct sound of a horn honking, twice.

"And two hard boiled eggs!" Zeppo calls back. The Frumpy Fairy Godmother is puzzled by this request, but she goes to the kitchen to get the eggs.

There is mayhem in the bathroom, with twisting and scuffling, lifting and tugging, but the foot is finally freed with a loud *POP*, and the four men tumble out of the bathroom and into the hallway.

By the time the Frumpy Fairy Godmother returns, the bohunk brothers have shown the Major his correct room, the one with a bed instead of a toilet.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3418 on: August 05, 2005, 02:49:04 AM »
Delmonico goes out and notices the coal oil barrel is almost empty and Trinity has left for down.  He has one of the hired men fell a large cotton wood tree, while he goes to the blacksmith shop and fires up the forge. ??? ??? ??? ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3419 on: August 05, 2005, 06:00:10 AM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother wanders into the kitchen to make fresh coffee.

"Morning, Letch!" She sings out as she passes the painting on the wall. While the coffee brews, she starts making biscuits.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com