Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1820483 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #3260 on: July 28, 2005, 03:39:34 PM »
"Ok it's done, recipe is posted and I et a bowl to be sure."
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Capt. Hamp Cox

• Top Active Citizen
  • 1937 Ford & 1941 Hamp in 1947
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3261 on: July 28, 2005, 06:58:38 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother blinks at Capt. Hamp.

"Uh, hullo, uh, when did you arrive, and would you like something to eat?"

Capt. Hamp, looking a bit disconcerted at having been recognized by The Frumpy Fairy Godmother, quickly approches her, surreptitiously slips her a note, and fades back into the shadows of the anteroom.  The Frumpy Fairy Godmother, taken somewhat aback by the conduct of the young, handsome and debonaire captain, slowly turns away from the other people in the room, who are all involved in inane chatter and totally unaware of what just transpired.  Making sure she is not being observed, The Frumpy Fairy Godmother retrieves the note from where she had secreted it in her sleeve, and reads the following:

"My Dear Frumpy Fairy Godmother,

I sincerely apologize for not communicating with beforehand, since it is imperative that no one be aware of my true identity.  I have been selected by the CRS* to closely monitor the activities and conduct of one of your associates, a somewhat sickly, occasionally good natured, harry faced coosie (or cosie depending on who you ask).  He is allegedly dispensing recipes without a license, and I am here to determine the truth of those allegations.  If it becomes necessary for us to be seen together in public, please do not refer to me as Capt. Hamp.  For this operation I've assumed the name "Catastrophe", and the rank of Maj.  Please don't blow my cover.  Slim is the only other person aware of what is in this note.  *CRS = Coosie Regulation Services."

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #3262 on: July 28, 2005, 07:06:07 PM »
Well pilgrims by request to the President of these United States, and as a favore to Litl' Rooster I am here to keep an eye on a fella who sez he is with "CRS" and goes by the name and title of Major Cat Astrophe....The potatoe soup smells quite good
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #3263 on: Today at 09:44:22 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3263 on: July 28, 2005, 07:35:45 PM »
<Author's note: Another one has mistaken the blue poka dot bandanna fer a beard. ;D  And this can be honestly said.  "It's all Slim's Fault.>
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #3264 on: July 28, 2005, 07:52:58 PM »
Delmonico appears in the kitchen wearin' his beloved red flannel night shirt.  The buttons (real pearl) are in the front and buttoned and all 4 are buttoned clear to the top.  "I've got a strange hankerin' for potatoe soup."  <Yes the e at the end is period correct.> ;D   With that he starts peeling onions and potatoes. ;D

<This is what is brewin' upstairs, look for the recipe in Cosie's Corner it is a Duesy.>

(Author's note: Who knows the origins of "it's a Doozy" or more correct Duesy?)

<<Author's note:  Does not Duesy refer to the Duesenberg automobile?>>
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3265 on: July 28, 2005, 09:27:50 PM »
<Author's note: Another one has mistaken the blue poka dot bandanna fer a beard. ;D  And this can be honestly said.  "It's all Slim's Fault.>
( Author's note! Phooey, Delmonico, you posted that you had a two week growth of beard! Then you edited it out!! So there! :P A.L. ))

The Frumpy Fairy Godmother reads the note and becomes instantly confused. She had looked at the man, but hadn't recognized him. And now there was the matter of the note. Did she know him from somewhere? Had he perhaps been a pool boy at one of her vacation trips to the tropics? As her face turns a deep magenta, she attempts to sneak a peek at him when she is interrupted by another handsome stranger babbling about being from the President.

"Uh... so what?"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3266 on: July 29, 2005, 12:25:16 AM »
<I forgot about the 2 weeks growth and I didn't edit it.>

< Trinity wins the prize the finest auto of it's time and still one of the best ever made.  They only made the chassie front fender, hood and cowl, you commisioned a custom body to your taste.

275 Hp out of an over head cam straight 8 with optional super charger able to do 130 mph, 10-15,000 dollars for the chassie plus what the body cost, another 3-5000 generally.

A Ford cost about $500, had 40 hp and went 65 mph.  Yep a real Duesy)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #3267 on: July 29, 2005, 03:01:36 AM »
<I forgot about the 2 weeks growth and I didn't edit it.>

< Trinity wins the prize the finest auto of it's time and still one of the best ever made.  They only made the chassie front fender, hood and cowl, you commisioned a custom body to your taste.

275 Hp out of an over head cam straight 8 with optional super charger able to do 130 mph, 10-15,000 dollars for the chassie plus what the body cost, another 3-5000 generally.

A Ford cost about $500, had 40 hp and went 65 mph.  Yep a real Duesy)

That data referrs only to the J model or SJ, if supercharged, Duesemberg, made from 1929 to 1937.
They only made the chassie, head lights, front fenders with spare tires, running boards, rear fenders, tail lights (which are very distinctive in a Duesenberg, hood and cowl
They also sold finished cars. The fabled 20 grand Duesie being one of those.

It was a double over head cam straight 8 and had four vales per cylinder (nothing new under the sun  ;D )

ST( the long time Duesemberg fan, that also knew what being a duesie meant but was fast asleep when you asked  ;D )

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #3268 on: July 29, 2005, 03:57:14 AM »
I would rather have the Ford or thw Willy's that is for sale at the Texas Jacks web site
Mathew 5.9

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3269 on: July 29, 2005, 04:12:23 AM »
I would rather have the Ford or thw Willy's that is for sale at the Texas Jacks web site

what's the adress for the web site.

Just curious about what Ford or Willys would be better than a Duesemberg.

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3270 on: July 29, 2005, 07:34:23 AM »
Stoney scratches his head.  He hears the voice of ST, yet the gentleman in the room looks more like a painting.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3271 on: July 29, 2005, 07:38:17 AM »
Stoney scratches his head.  He hears the voice of ST, yet the gentleman in the room looks more like a painting.

Pay no attention to me. I'm just hanging around.  ;D

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3272 on: July 29, 2005, 09:25:53 AM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother narrows her eyes and points her wand at the painting.

"Are you going to behave, or am I going to have to change you into dogs playing poker on velvet?"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3273 on: July 29, 2005, 10:35:38 AM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother narrows her eyes and points her wand at the painting.

"Are you going to behave, or am I going to have to change you into dogs playing poker on velvet?"

That depends, what's my hand gonna be? ;D

And how much's at stake? ;D

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3274 on: July 29, 2005, 10:42:59 AM »
I think I've seen that picture before, hmmmm. ::)  Yep my Uncle painted it back in 1964 for Grandma to hang on the wall.  It was nothing but lines and numbers when he bought it at the Five and Dime. ::) ;D :D ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #3275 on: July 29, 2005, 10:50:23 AM »
Was it this one?

Or maybe this one?

Or maybe this one?

Or maybe this one?
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3276 on: July 29, 2005, 11:27:35 AM »
Boy! All your dogs seem to have a gambling problem.  ;D

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3277 on: July 29, 2005, 11:32:49 AM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother blinks as the paintings change before her eyes, then something Delmonico says catches her full attention.

"Back in nineteen sixty four? Back? Delmonico, where did those flying plates take you??"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3278 on: July 29, 2005, 11:35:49 AM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother blinks as the paintings change before her eyes, then something Delmonico says catches her full attention.

"Back in nineteen sixty four? Back? Delmonico, where did those flying plates take you??"

It's not the flying plates Annie Lee, Delmonico has a modified DeLorean stashed somewhere.  ;D

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3279 on: July 29, 2005, 11:53:03 AM »
Naw it was a modified 1962 Rambler Classic with the 196 Cid 6 cylinder engine and the 3 peed tranny with the shifter in the steering column.  Wasn't as cool as the one with the automatic and the push buttons. ;D

But in either one the seats folded down to make a bed, a carry over from the Nash.  "Nice girls don't date guys who drive Nashes."  Someone said that one a "Happy Days" show. ;D 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com