Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1826673 times)

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #6240 on: May 06, 2006, 01:31:01 PM »
with the herd on the trail early this morning, ( Slim failed to show up last night, so we couldn't build a fire this morning, he has the matches, So no coffe.)  we may have made a slight direction mistake so no Dunning in sight but there is a camp in the distance with smoke coming up from the fire, the fellars tighten up the herd and keep a moving,  a rider approches from the dirction of the camp, 
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6241 on: May 06, 2006, 02:00:31 PM »
Delmonico gets to the ranch and puts Reuben in the barns and feeds and waters him.  He heads to the house with his two heavy gun cases and gets to the front door and finds it locked. ::)  Delmonico realizes he don't have his key, he don't carry it cause they never locked it before, fact nobody locks a door round here. ;)

As Delmonico is pryin' open a window he wonders who could have locked it, then he thinks, Stoney Pete did it, he's from back east where they lock their doors. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6242 on: May 06, 2006, 02:14:23 PM »
Turns out the rider was a scout from a group of businessmen from New York City who is taking a tour of the northern plains.  the scout has just brokered a deal with an Indian tribe for the use of several thousand acres. the New Yoork business men seeing the herd of cattle, decide they should be raising cattle on the land and make an offer for the herd of almost 3 times the amount Slim thought we should get, and a wagon load of potted meat ( which the businessmen bought for the trip and didn't like)  Tom, Pete and Ozark think about it for a little bit and decide to sell the herd. even thought they are all steers, ( the busiiness men from NewYork city don't know the difference,)  with the gold in their new strongbox the fellars finally find Dunning and go to the bank and deposit the proceeds and go over to ms Collinswood's to get a bath and a shave.

Advertising

« Reply #6243 on: Today at 05:07:58 AM »

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6243 on: May 06, 2006, 02:22:32 PM »
with the money in the bank, for the ranch, the fellars meet out side ms coolinswood after the bath and shave  (leastwise for the ones of us who shave),  I told that fellar driving the potted meat wagon to take it to the ranch and ask for Trintiy, he'll know what to do with that much potted meat.
they decide to find the biggest steaks in town tonight, and all the trimmings

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6244 on: May 06, 2006, 02:30:50 PM »
With his gear put in his room, Delmonico goes to the shop and gets a pane of window glass and putty's in the new one to replace the one he broke gettin' in the house. ::)  He then cleans up the glass.   ;D ;D

He then goes to the rifle case and gets out one a the two bullet moulds and goes down to the shop and gets some lead out of the stock and starts up the forge.  When the forge is goin' he puts on the lead pot and gets the lead melted and starts castin' bullets, 550 gr 45's. :o :o :o ::) ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6245 on: May 06, 2006, 04:30:01 PM »
<<Arthurs note.  Stoney  don't lock doors.  Sides please note that Trinity wuz left to protect the place.  more importantly we all know It's Slim's fault.>>

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6246 on: May 06, 2006, 04:46:12 PM »
After Delmonico gets done castin' bullets he comes into the house and notices Trinity asleep on the couch.   ;D ;D ;D

<Authors Note: So much has went wrong around here latley that's been Slim's fault I thought someone else should take some of the blame.> ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #6247 on: May 06, 2006, 05:38:48 PM »
Delmonico comes to a very large place of several thousand acres that is burnt bare.  ::)  He skakes his head and is glad he took the matches away from Slim.   As he rides though the burnt area, he is surprised to see a hole several acres in size, slowly filling up with groundwater. ;D

<<Trinity's note:  Mah likker is strong enough ta put out a earl well fahr, but Ah din't know it were that strong! :o :o ;D ;D>>
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6248 on: May 06, 2006, 05:55:03 PM »
Stoney and Tom's singing eventually starts another stampede, and Slim, Tom, Stoney, and Ozark are mighty tired by the time the get things calmed down again.  They might need to make camp and head for Dunning in the morning.

"Good thang them yankees bought them beeves, 'cause them's gonna too much muscle ta be edible.  An' Ah shore am thankful that thar's potted meat product in tha house agin!"

Rummaging in the wagonload of potted meat, Trinity shouts out:  "YUM!  Ah kain' believe what Ah just foun.  Lil rooster!  Come quickly!!!  Ah'll bet them yankees is just sittin' roun' their ranch plumb angry they let a treaure lahk this slip outta their hands.

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #6249 on: May 06, 2006, 07:13:24 PM »
Sod Buster comes riding into the yard with a bottle of rye in his saddlebags.  He rides up to Trinity and says "I heard it is your brother, Bambino's birthday today.  I thought he would enjoy this bottle.  If'n you see him please give this to him.  If you don't see him, feel free to drink it yourself!"  ;D  "By the way...have you seen Lit'l Rooster lately?  I need to know if  he still wants to use some of my land for his cattle.  My spread was spared from that fire and I've got some good grass.  If he don't want to use it, I guess I will plow it up and plant more corn.  I can even use the sod to build an addition to the Soddy."  ;D
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6250 on: May 06, 2006, 08:19:49 PM »
Sod Buster comes riding into the yard with a bottle of rye in his saddlebags.  He rides up to Trinity and says "I heard it is your brother, Bambino's birthday today.  I thought he would enjoy this bottle.  If'n you see him please give this to him.  If you don't see him, feel free to drink it yourself!"  ;D  "By the way...have you seen Lit'l Rooster lately?  I need to know if  he still wants to use some of my land for his cattle.  My spread was spared from that fire and I've got some good grass.  If he don't want to use it, I guess I will plow it up and plant more corn.  I can even use the sod to build and addition to the Soddy."  ;D

Trinity opens the rye and drinks it all and says: "Since Ah ain' seen Bambino in quite a whahl, Ah'll drank it... Thanks!  Oh, don' worry bout litl rooster.  His sangin' is scarin' all th cattle away, so jus' plant corn fer me!"  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6251 on: May 06, 2006, 10:04:57 PM »
with a belly full of steak, mashed taters and all the trimmings the fellars have a drink in the saloon and talk of tomorrow, wheather to start out for the ranch in the morning or make a few side trips on the way back.

I hope when that potted meat gets to the ranch, Trinity does something with that hot sause that was in the wagon,  they was 2 cases of it, said right on the side MADE IN NEW YORK CITY,  Del would have a fit ifin he seen it.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6252 on: May 06, 2006, 10:34:33 PM »
Everyone hears Delmonico say from the house: "Git a rope!"

Offline Bambino

• Have Horse? Well, not for long.
  • Active citizen
  • World Class Horse Rustler
  • Liked:
« Reply #6253 on: May 06, 2006, 10:41:05 PM »
Trinity opens the rye and drinks it all and says: "Since Ah ain' seen Bambino in quite a whahl, Ah'll drank it... Thanks!  Oh, don' worry bout litl rooster.  His sangin' is scarin' all th cattle away, so jus' plant corn fer me!"  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bambino rides up, looks at the empty bottle of Rye, shakes his head and smacks Trinity on top of the head. 

Disgusted, he leaves, but not before taking the percherons (withed cotton stuffed ears) and da sheep.  Da sheep is bound like a small calf at the rodeo and is dragged behind Bambino's horse.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6254 on: May 06, 2006, 10:54:01 PM »
Trinity lays unconscious in the yard.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6255 on: May 07, 2006, 12:09:53 AM »
Delmonico steps over Trinity and goes to his room and gets the package from the University of Newbrassky Ag Collage and gives it to Sodbuster.  Here, this is a new strain of popcorn they have developed, they say it should grow good out here. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6256 on: May 07, 2006, 09:50:06 AM »
Disgusted, he leaves, but not before taking the percherons (withed cotton stuffed ears) and da sheep. 
<<Bambino is havin' dilusions again.  The percherons are out with Tom on the way to Dunning>>
Irish hitches up the Percheron's to the wagon and loads supplies fer tha cattle drive, er walk, to Dunning.  He ties his cutting horse to the tailgate and pulls the wagon into the yard to wait on the others.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6257 on: May 07, 2006, 10:22:14 AM »
Trinity pulls himself up out of the dirt and rubs his head.  "Ow!  Mah brother was here, weren't he!?"  Rushing into the barn, Trinity sags "An' Irish's extry horses is gone too.  He's shore gonna be mad!  Uh oh!  Pea Eye is gone.  Ah hope Bambino din' take him too. ... Oh well, tahm fer breakfast." ;D ;D

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6258 on: May 07, 2006, 10:40:12 AM »
Since Trinity slept through Delmonico tryin' to get in the house, Delmonico makes him a spinach quiche fer breakfast. ;D :P
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6259 on: May 07, 2006, 12:56:10 PM »
Alone in the kitchen, Trinity looks down at Delmonico's dish, wich resembles vomit.  "Real men don' eat quiche!"  Trinity throws the platter out the window and finds a ham in the icebox to gnaw on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com