Author Topic: Cart Authenticity  (Read 9194 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Cart Authenticity
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 04:37:45 PM »
Bill, I will ask around, there are a lot of mule folks come into the store.  Fact is a young fella that works here in Tack is finally through school and is becoming an acutioneer, I'll have him keep an eye out, he does a lot of dealing with horses around the area.

If I could have a ridin' animal myself it would be a mule, I do a lot of events where there are also draft animals and it seems to me a good mule is so much better that than a horse.

There is a couple folks around here do CMSA off of mules.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 04:42:57 PM »
Thought as long as we hijacked this thread with mules , you might like to see this.  A friend of my pard Ozark Tracker, the picture is in the bottom post.http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,9623.80.html

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Dirty Dan Dawkins

• Wyoming or bust!
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Mid Ga's electric cowboy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 11:58:11 AM »
I had a friend get gaited mules outta Missouri. Reallly nice. He rides them and packs them. They do quite well. I'll see who the breeder is. Also, a  fella has 2 belgian mares for $500 (FOR BOTH) down here in Ga if anyone is interested. I think he bought them on a whim and lost interest. One is 17 hands the other oh,  I'd say 16-2 really pretty, good disposition. Ages 3 and I believe the bigun is 8. I personally would love them but have no practical use for a draft horse.
I play cards with J.D. Shellnut....chief of Police...SO get off my a**!!!!!!!!!!

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 02:35:44 AM »

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 07:56:07 PM »
Gentlemen:

To further the highjacking of this thread - or perhaps bring it right back on topic with a truly authentic conveyance - thought I'd post this scan of the late Roger Beierbach and his daughter Eve, with their six mule hitch (Zelda & Casey, Chum & Charlie and Randy & Brady) during a trail drive a few years ago.

Roger Beierbach was a southwestern Saskatchewan rancher who did as much of work on his ranch with horses and mules as he possibly could.  A few years ago, he was caught out on the open prairie in a sudden thunderstorm, and both he and his horse were killed by a bolt of lightning.  His widow Heather, and his children, continue the ranch operation as he did, and each year since then, Heather (who is quite a talented photographer) has published "The Slippery Moon Ranch Calendar", commemorating Roger and featuring her photographs of ranch work and play - always with only humans and livestock in view - never any modern vehicles (though you realize they must be there somewhere, out of the range of the camera lens ....

This is one of those photographs:
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2006, 07:57:16 PM »
Jack, I remember the calendars very well.  The last one I got is still hanging in my cabin.

I would be interested in buying more.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2006, 10:46:23 AM »
Back to Royal Barnes.

It was a pleasure being on your posse.  I wish you could've stayed for the awards banquet.  Hope to see you again and it sounds like you have the start of a good posse there in NC.  Watch out for Trinity, tho.  He's as whacked out as me!  ::)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2006, 07:08:38 PM »
Mah ears was a burnin! 

Ah ain' whacked out...  Ah'm jus' plain disturbin'! ;D ;D ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com