Author Topic: My new gunbelt  (Read 5176 times)

Offline Doc Neeley

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My new gunbelt
« on: April 17, 2006, 03:18:26 PM »
Wish I could do work like this. My friend Chuck at Wild Rose sent me this picture of my new money belt. It's enroute and I plan on using it this weekend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/SigMM/belt1.jpg
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream. -- T.K. Whipple

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
Re: My new gunbelt
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »
Good looking belt, there, Doc. I like the rivets to hold the bullet loops from migrating. I may have to make one myself one of these days.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Kaboom Andy

• Very Active Citizen
    • AZ Gunleather
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 01:46:20 AM »
Fantastic belt Doc!! ;)
as always Chuck made an outstanding  rig.............I'm waiting an holster from him too.................

ciao
Duelist it's a way of life..........
-----------------------------------------
AZ Gunleather
Kaboom Andy
SASS# 63050
HTR#2

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:30:21 PM »

Offline Doc Neeley

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 12:54:08 PM »
Howdy Andy,
I have a pair of holsters coming and a shotgun belt as well. I have a pair of his holsters and have had many people ask me how I could shoot those antique holsters.  ::)
Worth the wait.
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream. -- T.K. Whipple

Offline Kaboom Andy

• Very Active Citizen
    • AZ Gunleather
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 01:55:41 AM »
 ;) you are right, his antique processing it's unbelivably "true"..it's the best of the world!
Duelist it's a way of life..........
AZ Gunleather
Kaboom Andy
SASS# 63050
HTR#2

Offline Silver_Rings

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gunfighter who shoots for fun.
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 04:30:22 PM »
Doc, that a real nice looking rig.  ;D I'm sure you will like the money belt design.  Since I switched to one, I'll never go back.  The lighter weight and flexibility are so much more comfortable.  Let us know how you like it.

SR
Gunfighter, SASS 27466, NRA Life, GOFWG, BOSS, RO 1, RO 2

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 04:52:55 PM »
Some mighty fine looking leather there pard.  My old eyes are not as good as they once were, are the cartridge loops sewn or woven?  I can see that they do not show up as either on the belts back side.

Offline Nolan Sackett

• Frontier Knifemaker & Leather Smith
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild Rose Trading Co
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 12:32:31 PM »
Thanks Doc and all..............

....are the cartridge loops sewn or woven?  I can see that they do not show up as either on the belts back side.

The loops are what I call semi-woven - the space in between the loops is 1/2 - 5/8" an the space between twin slots for the loops is 3/8 - 1/2" depending on caliber. The loops go only through the front of the 3/4 oz money belt leather I use - here's a closeup:

see page 176 of Packing Iron for an original done this way.

the advantage is for big guys (the average belt I sell is 42-44") is it only takes about 25 loops to fill in between the billets rather than the 40+ it takes with sewn or full woven loops. One can still look "right" without the extra, and for CAS purposes unneccesary weight.

BTW - on this one I used 1/4" spots between the loops rather than rivets.
aka Chuck Burrows
Frontier Knifemaker & Leather Smith

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 06:51:05 PM »
Thanks for the information Nolan, a classy product indeed. 

Offline Doc Neeley

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 05:36:05 PM »
It is a great belt. I love the fit and of course the finish looks very period. I was talking about rigs with someone and they looked down and asked me "How old 'that' rig was?" I had to chuckle at the look on their faces when I told them it was new.
Chuck is a good guy and makes a super product with a lot of pride in his details.

wspe61

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 08:25:14 PM »
  That is beautiful..............

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com