Author Topic: IAC 1887 Shotgun  (Read 9393 times)

Offline Capt. Augustus

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
IAC 1887 Shotgun
« on: March 23, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »
Took my IAC 1887 to the range today.  So far I have shortened the stock by an inch and put a pad on it.  Now I can lever the shotgun from my shoulder.  I shot smokeless and BP light loads, due to my neck problem.  I had a problem with ejection of the last round intermittently.  After fooling with it a while, I found the carrier was jamming in the down position when it felt like it.  When I got home, I oiled it heavily and worked the action for about 10 minuted.  Now the carrier rises wheather it is worked slow or fast.  We'll see how Saturday's shoot goes.

Offline Capt. Augustus

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: IAC 1887 Shotgun
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 10:22:55 PM »
Well, it hit all the knock downs and put them down.  I fumbled fingered every load, need a lot of practice there for sure.  There were three 87's on my possee, that's a lot in one place, plus I know there was at least one more at the shoot.  They must have brought in a lot of them to have so many show up so fast in Mississippi,

Anyhow, I LIKE IT!

Offline sweettooth

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 04:07:15 AM »
 Just keep practicing, First match was was a real fumble , if the gun is staged vertical I found I had to pick it up by the pistol stock. means reaching lower for a fat guy like me. practised some then my second shoot I got 2 out of 7 stages right, but man they felt good and fast. Last sunday I only glitched on 2 out of 6 . Loading the 2 gently or placing them is a knack I havent completly acuired but Im gettin there. My problem second match was going from short lever rifle smooth easy  throw to shot gun loooong throw and slaming it hard. But like you I like it. When I do get it right it seems really fast. I watched caps video  a lot ,.
             Having fun with my new toy           Sweettooth
storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:43:12 PM »

Offline Crooked Creek Kid

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 08:14:03 AM »
Capt., Like you I need to shorten my stock just a little.  I have fairly long arms but it just does'nt feel quite right.  I have had no problems with mine and shoots really fast once you get the hang of it.  Love mine! Thinking about BP.
I ain't often right but I've never been wrong.

Offline Capt. Augustus

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 05:22:11 PM »
Ever since I got my IAC, the two shot loading has not really worked. I would push the ejector down part way, but would always end up pushing it down further with the shells. Reading on Cap's site, it appeared to me that the two load was disabled on the IAC due to the width of the nose of the ejector on the magazine follower.

Anyhow, while fooling around with another idea, I had polished the follower and cleaned and lubed the magazine tube. Then the two shot loading started to work. There is now a detent when the ejector reaches the center of the follower. I pulled the carrier out of the 1887 and the follower. The nose of the carrier did fit the follower.

Offline Crooked Creek Kid

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 10:37:35 AM »
Capt., sounds like you did what several others have had to do to the follower and lifter.  The lifter needs to stop in the detent in the follower so as not to let the rounds go to far down.  My 87 worked well from the start but several others have'nt.  Easy problem to solve for the 2 shot feed.
I ain't often right but I've never been wrong.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com