Author Topic: A very Good Time was Had by All  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Guage Rod

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A very Good Time was Had by All
« on: February 23, 2006, 09:05:12 AM »
My complements to all of the folks who put effort into making the NCOWS convention work.  None of us has a lot of spare time (Even if we are "retired") to spend on Volunteering but to Me it was a great and glorius success. My Wive and I left better dressed and heeled than when we came.

My heart realy goes out to the vendors who pack and unpack everything during the days prior to and after the rest of us have left with full minds and empty wallets.  I have in the past done my share of antique shows, and swap meets, both as a vendor and a visitor.  I met some very nice and informative vendors and they to a person where all very kind and informative as well as period correct.  I pray that they all made a bit of a profit to make it "worth their while. 

It always seems like the odds are stacked against the folks selling their wares when the weather is not kind.  I believe that all of those who were NCOWS members left as broke as I did.  But if we do not support the vendors, while at the shows they have no reason to return.  I for one believe that with out the well infomed vendors and their great products, it would realy be tough to justify making the trip.

I will step off my soap box now, but thanks everone one who came and set up their wares.  I believe my wife and I personaly left a little green sovineir with almost every vendor.  I guess I will have to work another year before I retire just to pay for the convention.  "Oh well, I probably would have wasted the money (I left) on things I needed anyway" to quote my old cartoon favorite, Deputy Dawg.   

Vaya Con Dios, Amigos

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
Re: A very Good Time was Had by All
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 09:42:31 AM »
I agree wholeheartedly!

It was a great time and I'm glad I went ... and coming home was great, right up to the part I had to explain how many of those "little green soo-ven-eers" I left with the vendors! ;)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline James Hunt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 11:41:06 AM »
Absoluely - surely the best was seeing those I perhaps only see once a year, and meeting those I only know by name on this board, and then of course greatful for having the opportunity to see a new leadership installed that will continue to focus on the quality of this organization - with a big thanks to those who have gone before and taken it this far.
NCOWS, CMSA, NRA
"The duty is ours, the results are God's." (John Quincy Adams)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:12:03 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com