Author Topic: Russian in .45LC?  (Read 4918 times)

jman

Russian in .45LC?
« on: February 14, 2006, 04:48:28 PM »
When I received my new Uberti Wells Fargo, the box came with a pamphlet that had various models available from Uberti. One of the guns pictured was a Russian Model chambered in .45LC but when I look at their internet site there is no mention of this model, only thing I see there is in .44 Russian. Does this version really exist? Cuz if it does, I would really like to get my grubby hands on one... ;)

Offline Memphis Mortician

• Citizen
    • Henry Repeating Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Russian in .45LC?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 10:04:40 PM »
It does exsist. I saw two at the SHOT show. One blue with case hardening and the other nickel with faux mother of pearl grips. Very nice looking. I'd like to add a pair to my collection.

jman

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 03:39:18 PM »
Yes;
I just found it listed on the ubertireplicas.com website (Item # 0867).
I have submitted a question about availability and price. When I receive a reply, I'll post it here.

Thanks;

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:52:59 PM »

jman

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 09:57:22 PM »
Just got a reply from uberti.com, they said that they don't export this model to the US.
They said to try ubertireplicas.com (frankly, I didn't know they were different) to see if they have any US distributors.
They did confirm that this model does exist.
Now it's just a question of whether the fine folks in this country are able to own one.
I've sent another e-mail to Uberti Replicas and will post a reply when I receive it.

Thanks
Jman

Offline Memphis Mortician

• Citizen
    • Henry Repeating Arms
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 09:21:55 AM »
Isn't that just the way? Show us a new toy then tell us it's a pain to get it.

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 07:35:39 AM »
What makes a Smith & Wesson a Russian model is mostly it's chambering in .44 Russian.
Remember that the first Russian Model is the same thing as an American Model the only difference is it's caliber.
So, if it's chambered in .45Colt. it's not a Russian anymore, is it?

I'm sick and tired of having everything chambered in .45 Colt.

Make no mistake, I like .45 Colt very much but the truth is that it was only chambered in Colt handguns in the XIXth century.

Sorry about that, but I just had to get it out of my chest.

(S.T. Who still hasn't recovered from the fact that the Beretta Laramie is chambered in .45 Colt and .38 Spl and not in the correct chamberings for a New Model 3. )

Offline gw

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 10:18:06 AM »
S.T.---My sentiments exactly. That's why I'll never buy a repro Schofield, they stretched the frame and cylinder which completely changes the feel of the gun. I understand why they do it, to sell more guns, but I don't have to like it either.

GW
NCOWS 1437-Territorial Representative  -Great Lakes Freight and Mining Co.- NCOWS Representative and Delegate to the Executive Board
SASS 5847 Life
NMLRA
NRA Life
MIAMI RIFLE CLUB Life
QUIGLEY SHOOTER Lifer

Offline gw

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 11:40:29 AM »
I shoot my original occassionaly. A fellow NCOWS member and myself once compared the original and I think a NavyArms repro he had. The difference was night and day in every repsect. His felt very muzzle heavy, similar to a original 2nd model Russian, the grips were much fatter, and it was heavier overall. The repro lost the pointability that the original posseses. Afterwards, he could easily tell them apart by just holding each by its grip. He also agreed that the repro was substancially different from  the original---which might explain why some folks just don't like the way these new guns feel---I am one of those myself.

GW
NCOWS 1437-Territorial Representative  -Great Lakes Freight and Mining Co.- NCOWS Representative and Delegate to the Executive Board
SASS 5847 Life
NMLRA
NRA Life
MIAMI RIFLE CLUB Life
QUIGLEY SHOOTER Lifer

jman

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 11:29:21 PM »
Well, it’s like bellybuttons.

My opinion is that I'm a shooter, not a collector.
My plan is to have a Russian model for a sidearm and a Wells Fargo model for a back-up (cross draw). And I don't want to fumble with two different cartridges, plus my lever gun and derringer are in 45LC. So it's just a matter of tactics with me. I don't really have a preference for the 45LC. If my other guns could be had in .44 Russian or .45 Schofield I would have no problem with it.

Just my bellybutton, Oops! Opinion;

On that note, Uberti Replicas has not returned my email yet...  I'm going to try and give them a call toward the end of the week.

Jman

jman

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 08:59:19 PM »
I was just informed that EMF will have Russian 45LC's in about a week.
If you have their new 2006 catalog you'll see them listed as new for 2006.
They are also going to receive some .44 Russians.
Time to scratch up some coin. The list price on both is $910.00 (of course this is more than the street price)
Now I just need a nice rig.
Any good suggestions for a Russian as a side arm with a Wells Fargo for a cross draw, I want something nice?
Thanks.

Offline Doc Hawken

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 06:29:44 PM »
Get a couple of slim Jims from Black Hills Leather...look great with those Russians.  Doc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com