Author Topic: t t n international  (Read 2974 times)

Offline blue drifter

• semper fi blue drifter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
t t n international
« on: February 08, 2006, 07:37:33 PM »
howdy all
I am thinking about getting A 1897 ttn 12ga pump shotgun. are they ok buy cas,are they anygood.I would like
to find out about the pros and cons. about how much they cost, are they worth it.will they do well out of the box
thanks
semper fi, dav, blue drifter

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
Re: t t n international
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 09:47:56 PM »
I don't have first hand knowledge of the TTn 1897.

But I have a TTn 1878 hammered SXS and I tell you this...
I very happy with it and Walt Johnson's Customers service at TTn.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Guano

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 02:55:51 PM »
Blue Drifter,
I own a 1878 SXS and I really like it so I bought one of their 97's and I must say, out of the box, they leave alot to be desired.
The action was real stiff and the internal machining was horrible. I HAD to have an action job done. I've never bought another gun as poor quality craftsmanship as this.
After alot of money spend on getting the internals corrected along with the action job, it is now a real fine example of what it should have been in the first place at more cost than I have ever spent on an original.
The materials used on them are of excellent steel. Mush better than an original. All threads are SAE and the screw in choke is a nice addition also.
The only drawback for me, is I'm so darned used to the takedown originals and my hand position is different on the solid frame TTN, that I can't get the same results as I can with my takedowns.
And it's not the gun at all, It's me. So Now I'm selling the TTN, at a considerable loss of my investment. Used only in 2 matches and only 1 stage in each of them.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:22:51 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com