Author Topic: Talking about the 1863 pocket Remmington  (Read 3425 times)

Offline Jubel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Talking about the 1863 pocket Remmington
« on: January 19, 2006, 10:36:43 AM »
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=244511 and me with out the cash on hand!  :'(
Cousin we been ashooten at each other all day! How about we stop for a beer then we kin go home and get our axes. Or just as good, lets forget this whole dang feud, I'm agetten too old for this anyhow!

Offline Jubel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Talking about the 1863 pocket Remmington
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 07:00:07 AM »
Well looks like he sold out before I was tempted beyon the ability to resist.  :o
Cousin we been ashooten at each other all day! How about we stop for a beer then we kin go home and get our axes. Or just as good, lets forget this whole dang feud, I'm agetten too old for this anyhow!

Offline sundance44`s

• SASS# 61233 and Alamo Kat SASS 79338 , ColdwaterLongRifles , HatchieRunLongRifles .NRA.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • No Place Special , MS.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 11:02:21 AM »
Thinking about a 1863 31 cal . i noticed in the dixie gun works catalog  they have one that says it`s  nickel plated , does anyone know if this would be a steel frame ?  ya might want to check this one out . looks like $205 in the 2005 catalog . page 97 .
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:51:08 PM »

Offline Halfway Creek Charlie

• AKA Old Dragoon,The Gunslinger and other no so polite names...
  • Top Active Citizen
  • My Wyatte Earp Impression
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 07:51:20 PM »
It's a brass frame. There was one on Auctionarms or Gunbroker a week or so ago and I asked the seller the same question.I really can't see where the reccomemded load for the .31 Cal would make a difference. Only if you wanted to put a Conversion cylinbder in it.
36's and 44's are a different story.
SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun
2nd. Gen. "C" Series Colt 1851 Navies
Centennial Arms/Centaur 1860 Armies
1860 Civilian Henry 45LC (soon to be 44 Henry Flat C.F.(Uberti)
Remingon Creedmore Rolling Block 45-70 (Pedersoli)

"Cut his ears off and send them to that Marshall in Sheridan" Prentice Ritter

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Offline sundance44`s

• SASS# 61233 and Alamo Kat SASS 79338 , ColdwaterLongRifles , HatchieRunLongRifles .NRA.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • No Place Special , MS.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 08:55:57 AM »
I thought it might be brass under the nickel plateing ..oh well ... i did notice on the cabelas site they have a steel frame model for $215 .. not a bad price for a steel frame .. and thats with the new priceing . might be worth a look if thinking about a conversion .
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Offline Jubel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 12:18:01 PM »
Yes the nickel over brass I got caught on that one in an 1861. The price was right but I couldn't convert it. Well it still shoots good cap n ball, I do wish however I was aware of the brass up front. Sportsmans guide has the little Remmie again and also the Colt 5 shot pocket pistol 36 caliber with the steel frame in his newest cataloge temptation, temptation.  :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com